Sign in to follow this  
Alacardia

The Arcanist's Journal

It's amazing what people will do for power. how far they will go to even sacrifice their body, and there mind. As a mage, it always called to me. It whisped to me it's secrets. through long study, I was able to unlock it, harness it. I fused the magic with me, made it a necessity. I felt empty without it, I felt cold without it.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, let me give you the gist of my upbringing. My family, was originally from Silvermoon. But complications arose which I don't wish to record as of yet. But non-the-less, we were forced to flee, I was a baby at this time. Eventually we were taken in by a clan of Dwarfes, Although I am still unaware of their origins. They were not from Ironforge like our enemies. Neither were they like the fanatics that lie in Shadowforge. They were different, kind, uncaring about my race. While I was still a boy i do not recall my age at the time, my parents were killed, I was told by wild animals. I never discovered the truth behind their deaths, and I finished my younger years mourning their deaths.

Growing up I didn't play with the other children, drowning myself in stories of the past instead. Some of the others picked on me for that, but I never cared much. Around age sixty I began to dabble in the art of magic. It came easy to me, some thought to easy. I was openly mocked my talent called an abomination. I managed to tough it out for the next twenty six years. At times I was able to mingle with them, others I was forced into hiding for fear of my life. until one day I left them, never to return. Eventually I returned to Silvermoon where my studies focused and I began on the path of an Arcanist.

I was in awe of it's raw power from the very beginning. Every spell I cast sent waves of exstacy throughout my body. I felt warm, I felt relaxed. But as soon as the spell was cast the feeling would soon leave me. Sometimes feeling worse then before. Unlike other mages though this branch of magic drained me considerable. Prolonged use of it left me weak and vulnerable. It never turned me away in the slightest. It just added to my determination, to gain more power.

It was around this time, I met a couple fellow mages, who like me excelled in there branch of magic. Sulphien Anglemane, Bloodthistle addict and Pyromancer. And Menion of Leah, backbone of our little triangle, and Cryomancer. looking back now I think triangle is the perfect word to describe us. Each of us studies a different branch of magic. each of us had such different personalities. I'm amazed to this day we get along as well as we do.

As time passed I began to delve deeper into my art. Before long I developed an unbreakable concentration, the harder I worked, the easier it came to me.

But as time passed I began to notice certain "side effects". During one such incident. I found myself surrounded by bandits, I killed them all unfortunately. But when the last one fell, I fell over as well, landing on my knee. My left hand began to twitch. It continued to for the next day-and-a-half. I couldn't explain it at the time.

(( Several months after the last entry ))

Where do I begin? It's been so long since I've put pen to paper in this little Journal of mine. If memory serves, an incident occurred. Something happened, Menion had challenged me? No, he was trying to prove something, was it my weakness. That my studies were beginning to erode me physically, as they strengthened me mentally. Is that what he did? Was I that big a fool I couldn't see it at the time. Gods, what happened at Garabashi. I was weak, I felt vulnerable. I attacked Menion and fled. Used the time my spell bought me and fled. I didn't know what to do. Sulphien, that fool offering me Bloodthistle. Yes, it was a temporary cure to my "weakness" but, am I willing to sacrifice that much, for power. I remember now, I told Menion to meet me at the academy in Sunstrider Isle. He came to me, I was draining one of the Fel crystals there. I felt so weak, I needed it, I chipped a piece of it and carry it with me always. It still emanated some magical power, not enough to restore me, It's more so a soothing remedy. Either way Menion came upon me we fought again, I fell. Accept this time I got back up and charged him, missing my mark and plummeting to the water below. Oh how cold It felt, To be so close to death. I had died many times before, but never because of my actions. If it wasn't for that woman of his, I might still be in that sad state. Either way, i couldn't be seen, I didn't want to be seen. I had to write some wrong in my life. So i returned to the village where i grew up as a boy.

I tried to fit in with them again, I really did. I was willing to give up my studies even. But they wouldn't have it, they still looked upon me with such hatred. I couldn't take it anymore, I felt a burning within me. A rose my hand and struck the first of them down with a fireball. It isn't my branch of magic, but it felt right that the first strike against them come from my fiery rage. I slaughtered them all, I couldn't help myself. The more their screams filled my head. The happier I felt, but why? Was it my real nature? or was something guiding my hand. Either way the more of them I killed the better I felt. Oh how good It felt, when the last one fell. That when it hit me, my rage faded and I collapsed. I lay there unconscious for nearly a full day. When I awoke It was early morning. The sun was just rising over the hills. Oh what a horrible morning that was. And at the same time, what a glorious morning. I will return to Silvermoon. I will return to them all, my studies are my life. And I will continue them. But first, I will check on Dalaran. The strangest rumor is flying around that the whole city just picked up and flew off. Maybe I will be able to drain some of the remaining arcane energy. I'm still, so weak.

Gods it has been so long since I've felt this, alive. Although, the wyrm at my side has to continuously drain my mana when I'm resting. Gods, how long has it been since I've had this much, Fun. I spoke with Menion last night, the fool is the same has he's always been. Either my way or the highway, or somewhere along those lines at least. Good thing he's got that woman to keep him in his place. And what A wonderful woman at that, my I've never seen anyone silence Menion so quickly. Well besides me, but I deal more along the lines of shock and discomfort.

Either way Menion gave me my choice. And for the time being I will continue to follow it. I didn't drain what was left of that crystals power for nothing. If he proofs to be a bother to me again, I may have to do away with him. Nothing will stop me from achieving that which I desire most in this world. Pure energy, unadulterated, untempered, just pure energy. The mere thought of it is setting me on edge, causing the hair on my neck to stand up in anticipation. Let this plague roll on by, when I have gained what I most desire. Non of it will ever matter anymore.

(The following entry is very chaotic, written in anger and with a shaky hand)

What is it? where am I doing wrong. I know I'm on the right track. Gods, curse that fool. I needed that shard, I can't even hold this damned quill straight. No, I will find a way. He's right fel is not the way. And I will find away. I read of the beast that plagues the Magister's Terrace. Pure energy, gods. If i could just feel a surge like that. Somehow get my claws around it. If i could get, but a taste of something like that. I know it would be all I need, that old fool would never interfere with my work again. As long as it's not fel, something tells me he cares very little.

( several diagrams have been drawn in-between the paragraphs dipicting a gem of sorts with several smooth facets )

It will work, It must work. I won't stay this way much longer, It pains me to much. Dam that fel, dammit all. I don't know how to power it thought. There must be a way, I'll use my own energy if I have to.

( A few more diagrams dipicting symbols of various sort an the same gem )

Yes, that will do. that will do nicely. But I will need another. If that fool Sulph were still around. I could tempt him with a few leaves of Thistle. No, I will need one stronger, one with more experience. I know who I will need, the problem is. How do I get him to help me?

It has to be arcane, I won't settle for anything less than it. Gods, to the nether with these cautious fools. No, I won't give in. It's my creation, only I will be allowed to study it. Damn you Menion, Damn you Zephrythos. Damn you all and your lack of vision.

I will do anything in my power to make this work. Even if it means using his sister. Such a delicate thing, it almost pains me to thing about what I might have to do to get what I want in the end. But if he will not listen, Then it must be done.

(( The plain black journal sits on a desk in Alacardia's laboratory. The room is devoid of life with no sign of the owner anywhere. The final journal entry was written almost in anger, the writing nearly ripping through the page. ))

The time has come. If Menion isn't going to help me then I'll do it myself. I will not wait for that old man to get out of his rocker, anymore. I will usurer in a new era, where mages will not be limited by physical and mental strain. We will become the gods of Azeroth, and will bow to no one.

((Picked up from the very next page. Several months have passed since the last entry was written. The hand-writing is by far neater if no legible then the previous page. ))

Hmm, odd no one would have discovered this place by now. O well I guess it's to be expected when the town is fell depraved 'individuals'. I guess i should be rather grateful. Would have been a shame to have lost the information in this book.

Where to begin. I doubt I will ever get the energy to write about what i've been through a second time. So instead let me just pick up from the beginning of this next chapter in my life.

It still amazes me how trusting people can be. Even after you've cut them several times. They still hold there hand out, pathetic. Charm them, make them think what you want them to think. It won't be long before they spill there secrets.

I've been collecting quite a collection of shards. Even the crystals in un'goro are safely packed away in my lab. Waiting for me to come along and examine them. I need so many more to finally achieve my goal. It will still be some time before I can make my intentions known.

I see the corruption behind there white walls. Even if it be but a small part. It will eventually spread like a disease. The blues were right in there attempt at trying to remove all mortals with any magical ability. Now, I'm not about to hand myself over and die. Just because it's a good idea, doesn't mean I'm with it. But still, after seeing what magic does to mortals.

I've yet to talk with Menion of my activities. Maybe after he finishes dusting the arch-mages erasers he will have time to talk. What I told him in our very brief meeting seemed to unsettle him greatly. Although I've always enjoyed putting the old man on edge. But he still needs to keep an open mind to my words. I won't be able to do all of this on my own.

O well, all in time i guess. I'm heading back to my lab. I've a lot of thinks to read through and several samples to test before the night is up.

I've moved my lab and studies to a tower high in the mountains of Azshara. I do this in hopes to cut down on interruptions, as well as save the surrounding populace from any possible repercussions. Currently, I've been employed by a certain warlock whom I've had but minor dealings in the past. He came to me seeking an answer, one i intended to provide in full. In return he is to give me a small sample of his power for studies. Although nothing at first glance is different in his abilities. I just always pride myself on having good samples of everything i eventually experiment on.

Anyways, as i was saying. This will be the first time I've ever allowed this particular experiment to go onto another. I must admit it's my own desire to see what kind of practical uses could come about of it. I just hope it doesn't turn sour like my mind is telling me it will.

(( sorry about these delays, by the way. If it isn't me offline, its Ky. Ill straighten these finer details out one way or another. *grabs the whoopin-stick*))

How long has it been since I've written in this particular book. I'd almost lost it it seems. Anyways, I shouldn't start this entry off with a rant. I've taken up a new calling, well maybe an old calling. If I'm not reading a book I'm writing one it seems.

Upon entering Sholazar I encountered a rather interesting tribe known as the oracles. Upon first glance they appeared nothing I'd ever want to dirty my hands with. But, after certain events that transpired I've put them on the top of the list for my studies.

Now that I think of it. I've spent a lot of time in this basin. More time then I've ever spent outside of a library or laboratory. If I'm quiet enough, I can even hear the odd sounds that occur out here. Maybe I'll stay out here a little longer, at least until my studies are completed on the Oracles.

((The written is nearly illegible. The writters hand constantly shaking almost making the writting utter chaos.))

Have I been cooped up in the cities that long. That I my life would be ended by the forces of nature herself. I ventured from Sholazar Basin into the lands of Storm Peaks. It's so cold here, I can barely feel my hands. All logic gone, even now it takes me forever to form a sentence. I can't feel anything, is this what it means to be so far away from the comfort of others. To be locked away from society. To pursue ones studies to the brink and beyond. Why Do I feel so cold? Why do I feel so empty all of the sudden, my magic has been my life. Why does it feel it to be my death all of the sudden. I don't want to die...

((The words nearly trail off the page and are far from decipherable))

((Written later that day))

It's interesting what comes across ones head when you find yourself on the brick of death. Or what ever that was today. I think I'll leave this entry as is though. It almost humors me in a way how people act when they have lost all hope. I'll take that which caused me such pain and turn it into a weapon. If the cold wishes to kill me, I'll do what must be done to prevent myself from such a horrible fate. I think I've studied the arcane enough as is. Maybe it's time to look into what my fellow colleague put his whole life behind. I'll harness ice as a weapon just like that ice princess did. What fun we will have the day I exceed you in that as well my old friend. What a day that will be.

Yes, how to reach you. What a wonderful question that would be. I could very easily just assimilate you. I wouldn't even give it a second thought. But, what if I could make better use of this. It's not like any harm could come of it. At least, to my knowledge. A valuable ally, confidant. Yes, I can see several bright sides to such a union. But, how to reach you. How many hours will it take to figure out that answer I wonder. Maybe the answer lies right in-front of me.

((Several hours later))

Well then, preparations are in order it seems. Nothing my most complicated of experiments. The potion I was able to fabricate will take it's effect before lo-

((The writing hence forth appears in a much more elegant hand. A drastic change from the previous sentences. ))

My, what an intriguing individual you are Arianray. I had almost lost hope of remaining conscious after that little episode earlier. Maybe we could get to know each other on a deeper level after all? Until then, my little master.

-Seryndigosa

(( The writting appears to be written with a very shaky hand))

It won't go away! The pain only worsens. Why won't it just end, havn't I accepted it. Is this not a show that i'm willing to take any risks to see this through. My whole body, I can't..Concentrate I just need to..Make it stop. Make it stop!

((Written much better then the previous))

I'm beginning to wonder if ones mind can truly shatter from to much exertion. Not even an hour has passed since my last entry and I can't recignise or understand what would cause me to act in such a way. Am I really that unsure of my own resolve anymore? So close to the brink of discovery and i'm halted by such minor inconveniences. It will all be worth it, i'll keep my end of the bargain so to speak. I will someday ascend to a level higher then the greatest minds in that rotting magocrasy.