opalexian

On RP griefing, or not

I recently actually got a GM ticket for 'rp griefing', which lasted all of two mins.

Long story short: I was bored and restless late at night, had some noggenflogger potions, got both the shrinky and skeleton one, and went around RPing as a little 'dead' girl named Suzie, calling people meanie heads, asking if they were her daddy, and randomly going up to some people, tugging on their pant legs, and calling them pretty, then running off before they can respond.

The GM that serviced that ticket was hilarious, even went in ((ooc)) brackets saying he though the person that must have done this might be a slight bit of a tight ass.

Go Go in-character 'griefing'.

I recently actually got a GM ticket for 'rp griefing', which lasted all of two mins.

Long story short: I was bored and restless late at night, had some noggenflogger potions, got both the shrinky and skeleton one, and went around RPing as a little 'dead' girl named Suzie, calling people meanie heads, asking if they were her daddy, and randomly going up to some people, tugging on their pant legs, and calling them pretty, then running off before they can respond.

The GM that serviced that ticket was hilarious, even went in ((ooc)) brackets saying he though the person that must have done this might be a slight bit of a tight ass.

Go Go in-character 'griefing'.

You figured out a way to play an undead child. Whoever reported you must have been one of the "No Undead Babies!" crowd.

<_< I grief people sometimes when I'm having a bad day. But it's not "grief" griefing. There's nothing better than a few Lulz to feel better when your day is sucking hard core. I even talked to Nymare at one point about how she recognized Feral from one of my Griefer moments when I had Feralmoon run into the World's End Tavern, did /e is totally ooc, then had her do /dance and stripped her of her gear piece by piece. Then I hearthed and reequipped, went into a battleground clad in my red christmas outfit and threw snowballs instead of using my weapons.

It made me smile, made Alliance say WTF and hopefully made people laugh a bit. It's a win win thing :D

And as it's said before, there's a difference between RP griefing, and RPing a character who is cheerful or a bit...overbaked.

He did this to my Q, who is about as 'serious business' as characters come, 4th of July notwithstanding. I actually thought it was hilarious. "No. I'm not your daddy." "My daddy had lots of friends." "Then that clearly proves that I sure as hell am not your daddy."

I wouldn't consider nutbar RP as griefing, unless it was pretty blatantly obvious someone in particular was being harassed, especially at a pre-arranged gathering where everyone's running around doing whatever they want anyway. You can't really go to something like that and expect it to be quiet and solemn without having orange peels in your head.

You can't really go to something like that and expect it to be quiet and solemn without having orange peels in your head.

We've never met but I think I love you.

Signed, the other Q

People have gotten a bit uptight lately about RP. If someone is using proper grammar and punctuation I'm not going to blow them off or ignore them. More often than not its entertaining to include people just walking by. If you're blowing stuff off or ignoring people talking to you then you're not REALLY in character are you? :P

Really, what it comes down to is that griefing only occurs when you let it. Sometimes you need to just take a step back and chill the hell out. xD

He did this to my Q, who is about as 'serious business' as characters come, 4th of July notwithstanding. I actually thought it was hilarious. "No. I'm not your daddy." "My daddy had lots of friends." "Then that clearly proves that I sure as hell am not your daddy."

I wouldn't consider nutbar RP as griefing, unless it was pretty blatantly obvious someone in particular was being harassed, especially at a pre-arranged gathering where everyone's running around doing whatever they want anyway. You can't really go to something like that and expect it to be quiet and solemn without having orange peels in your head.

That's it. I'm rolling a troll groundskeeper.