RavenReverend

What was the inspiration for your character RPly?

Thalevia was a reroll of a character I started on Cenarion Circle before I came to TN when the RPPvp servers opened up. I was sick to death of the sheer amount of nobility running around that I wrote her as merchant class and went from there. She came completely from my imagination and developed her around a society much like Renaissance Europe. She ended up taking a lot of personality and mannerisms from me, I originally intended her to be emotionless, but I could not play it at all so I shifted her to just being quieter, only speaking if she thinks you warrant her attention. I tried not to give her to much of a tragic background, just enough for spice and it ended up making her more self sufficient than I expected. The fun thing about her is I got an Orb of the Sindorei and through that I can give her mannerisms that go completely against character much to Thals annoyance. For those 5 minutes as an elf, I can do a lot of things that Thal would never do cause she considers herself above all that.

Neesha is....shes Neesha. She doesn't really have much to her. Shes an orc, I know her entire history but her personality evades me still. Much to my extreme annoyance. I think it's cause I haven't invested near as much into as Thal and she doesn't interact with lots of people. I do know the elves annoy her to no end and she loves Booty Bay due to her stint among the Stone Temple Pirates. Shes young enough that her childhood was spent in the camps and she deals with the fact her grandfather was one of Guldan's many warlocks by using shamanism to control her urges for more power. The young part came about cause I wanted blue eyes and the blue eyed face is extremely young looking. One day I need to sit down and put pen to paper on her whole story rather than letting it rot in my head.

Vashni was created to run amuck with Yenene and is the oldest sister, that they know of. She's pretty easy to play, perky, bubbly, positive and optimistic. She's just out of her teen years and Yenene has this habit of dragging her back into those mannerisms despite her trying to seem older and wiser. She loves to dance and despite her mothers skanky lifestyle and seeming lack of parenting, Vashni wishes they (the siblings) could find her cause she does believe their mother loved them all in her own twisted way. Again, completely my imagination and what I got from interacting with Yenene and Xelxa and others. Shes devoted to protecting her sisters from whatever they get themselves stuck in, though she teases a lot, especially Yenene's school girl crushes over certain people.

Christ almighty... an RP thread. How did I miss this?

Abric's inspiration was to be a Neutral Evil character, with a hidden agenda of seeing the humans of the New Alliance being ground into dust and scattered to the winds. His 'goal' was pulled from Warcraft II lore, and his attitude and mannerism came from the Grim and their desires. He was made for the guild, afterall.

His original mannerism I kind of pulled from characters in George R.R. Martin's books. He is (was) royalty who was so far down the line that, unless *everyone* died, he wouldn't be anything but guy #12 hanging out in the nose-bleed section. A little of the "I desire everything I want, but I don't need to worry about the repercussions."

... huh. Hard to type out where you get shit from without giving away too much of a storyline people don't plug into it. I guess I should of said "Abric was going to be Sean Connery without all the coolness."

Yeah, I'll stick with that.

Neesha is....shes Neesha. She doesn't really have much to her. Shes an orc, I know her entire history but her personality evades me still. Much to my extreme annoyance. I think it's cause I haven't invested near as much into as Thal and she doesn't interact with lots of people.

I run into this often with alts. I start out with an idea but it's not concrete enough and as I play it they just stop having a personality. My hunter is like that. She just has a great name when it's said on vent. Other than that, no personality.

((

As long as the wedding is not in Silvermoon.

))

Knowing Yichimet, it's going to involve chanting and feathers.

And they call US hippies...

For Q? My now ex-cat (I had to leave him with ex-roomie ;.;) He's big and dumb and has a 'kitten-plan'-he always looks like he is up to something and has a plan for it...but can't remember what that plan is. >_>

Niethan was originally based on an old Changeling: The Dreaming character of mine. Namely, he was based off of Nick, a soft-hearted but depressed troll who suffered from extraordinary bad luck.

I just remembered. Frieya's voice tone and to a degree ehr speec hapatterns are similar to Siarnaq form Mega Man ZX Advent.

Flat metallic voice, few pronouns and the like

Let's see. I suppose I could do every character I've played... but that would take forever. :D Let's just do the three characters I currently play.

I tend to start my characters out as very "normal" and then let events mold and shape them as they may. Occasionally, I throw an interesting trait or twist in to get RP rolling, but I really prefer to let them write themselves as I go.

Liadain - Lia is and probably always will be my RP "main" at heart. She started out as just a human rogue with a personality very similar to the personality of my favorite Deadlands character (a Harrowed saloon gal named Shelley). She was tough, a smart ass, liked to drink and have a good time and had an almost unhealthy appreciation for well-crafted blades. All of those things are still true now, but she has discovered the true identity of her father, fought against her father's crazy cult (losing a finger in the process), become exalted with the Argent Dawn, been promoted to an admiral of the Bloodsails, become the wife of an angry half-elf, become a mother of three and, most recently, been transformed into an elf by her husband's deceased first wife to save him from madness...

Whew!

Imalar - At first I didn't have a real idea of where I wanted to go with Im. I had to work pretty hard at getting into a male character's head and initially I was kinda going with a stereotypical stoic Tauren druid. But then he started to get a mind of his own. I found myself playing him as a bit less Obi Wan and a bit more James Bond. Somehow he ended up being even more of a womanizer than Maithanet, really, but he's just more subtle about it. xD He's still meditative but it is as a means of controlling his passions and fiery temper and not because he is a quiet and thoughtful sort by nature. Recently he was given a gift by Ysera that has made him feel the weight of even more responsibility as a healer, both of the body and of the soul.

Rossignol - Quite simply, Rossignol is fun. She is gregarious, uncomplicated and uninhibited. She is the Kaylee (a la Firefly) of the blood elf warlock world. However, she also has this pesky driving ambition to subjugate ever more powerful demons that, I have no doubt, will get her into even more trouble than her curiosity already has.

-cough-

Easy

With my RP characters I tend to stress out lessons in which I believe to be true.

Swerto - First time I've really rp'ed an undead, but really what inspired me to create him was a sense of being "different" and pride in that. But I didn't want him to start off like that, I wanted him to start off much like me, questioning himself and every action he took. I wanted him to work his way to a great pride in what he is. He is my "take pride in yourself no matter who you are, especially if you are different and unliked" character

Securo - Kain from the Legacy of Kain series was a major inspiration in his character development as well as his path he is taking. Other than that I have Tyler Durden, myself, as well as a few other minor characters here and there. He's pretty much my "ends justify the means" character that I pulled off in Star Wars Galaxies as well (the previous Swerto, who was Swerto Dragonouve)

My other characters have too many influences, I have far too many I'll do it some other time.

Sowell Spiritrock:

I picked the name "Sowell" from Thomas Sowell the badass economist. Spiritrock was the name of a friend's character who was a dwarf and I always thought it felt very dwarf-like. Sowell's character was really derived from the role he'd have to play in the cartel. He was stubborn and determined to defend freedom. He disliked moralists and people who insisted that their actions were guided by what they thought was right and wrong. Economists find this a little quaint and prefer to think people generally follow their own self interest and moralize it afterwards.

Theodosius Dobzahnsky:

I stole the name from an old evolutionary biologist in the 30s and based him more or less off Richard Dawkins the biologist. I thought a gnome engineer that was skeptical of the "titans made us" view of speciation and life would be fun. His character was very much just a template of WoW gnomes though. Cheerful even in death, playful beyond reason, etc.

Izlude is not based off of Ragnarok Online. Stop asking. I had him WAY before that game.

You must had loved Izlude huh? You deviant! Come back to Prontera!

Alivanth I concieved as being a young, naive Merlin of sorts crossed with a snooty intellectual know-it-all. He likes to think he knows everything, especially with his family's library, even though he knows that's not very likely at all.

Selash's character I came up with while listening to Bon Jovi's Dead or Alive, and I initially designed his personality to fit perfectly with the brute you'd expect to have working for a band of mercenaries like the Cartel, but since then he's evolved quite a bit into something I actually like a lot. As far as actual character inspirations go, I'd say he's a mix of Solid Snake and Spike Spiegel.

Also of note, every character I create and RP has one of my own personal quirks/habits. Alivanth for example loves wine. I myself in life am also an avid wine fan.

Reithan- My first real main on the server. Psychotic sociopath hell bent on summoning an apocalypse bringing god from the depths of Molten Core using the blood of a bagillion alliance....was there anyone who wasn't trying to do that in the Crimson Watch? Anyway....inspirations were Yomi, Redburn and Morghoul.

Nomeni-Inspiration was the berserker guy from that one Record of Lodoss War thing. Character(Nomeni) sucked. Now relegated to OOC laughterbot in the form of a critchicken.

Kreyen-Inspiration part 1 came from WCII. My favorite unit in the game was the high elf ranger. When WoW came out initially, I was disappointed to find out that I couldn't actually play it. So, when BC came out and I had the opportunity to roll one(kindof). Kreyen wasn't around until level 45 though as his first name was Ailedemort, and his second was Talius. Once I renamed him the last time I started actually hammering out details. My inspirations would probably be....Spears from Band of Brothers, Jack Sparrow(only a little x_x), and Malcom Reynolds from Firefly... with a couple of my own less desirable traits tossed in.

Josylin is my first serious character. I am still forming her but i basically reversed what i am like. Sure there are parts of me that show up...her occasional sweet side. But i basically wanted to make her a bad ass and somewhat unpredictable.She is somewhere in between cold and motherly...if that makes any sense...probably not. *laughs*.

Also of note, every character I create and RP has one of my own personal quirks/habits. Alivanth for example loves wine. I myself in life am also an avid wine fan.

I actually do this pretty frequently myself. Feralmoon for instance snorts when she gets irritated. I find when I'm in a conversation I find particularly offensive, I wind up snorting dismissively. <.< Sounds pretty bad, but it's something I picked up from my father. Along with snarling. xD Don't ask. She also has this habit of cracking her fingers, neck, and knees. I can't really control my joints, they pop on their on accord, but I crack my fingers and my neck out of habit and I get a personal jolly when I see people shudder at the sequential popping noise. Feral takes pleasure in seeing people shudder when her bones snap too. Etc. etc. etc.

Alakre or Alakreielle Ryuua is one of my long-standing characters from when I first started playing D&D. She has a lot of quirks, some of which include steepling her fingers, like I do, her eye twitches when she gets severely irritated or angry that sort of thing.

The evolution of Jin'sa's character, as anyone who knows her could agree with, has been very diverse as her character progresses on. When she became her own guild mistress and began to run her own dynasty, I wanted to think of rulers of renown through history, but were still a bit behind the scenes. So whenever this phase came to Jin'sa, I decided to combine a few very simple asian influences for the dynasty as a whole, but for Jin'sa herself, she is mostly based off the aspect of Katherine of Aragon, who is by far my favorite Queen that England has ever had. Obviously I don't roleplay her as Katherine strictly and immediately, that's just the basis for her ruling aspect, otherwise I try to keep my characters strictly original and designed by my own quirks.