teutelquessir

Looking For Guilds

I read the sticky and I know I've seen more guilds than what's listed there. I'm looking for guilds for two of my characters; Talaen (BE Paladin) and Rhagara (Orc Hunter).

I'm a heavy role player. I'm looking for a guild of like-minded people where /guild, /say and /yell are in character. I enjoy all aspects of the game (RP, PvP and PvE) and I have some end game experience (Kara, ZA, Gruul, Mag and SSC). I like raiding but I don't want it to be a job. I do have a real life and there are times when I either can't raid or I would rather relax and role play or do my own thing instead.

I'm a noobtard Hunter. I'd love to find someone who can be both and IC and OOC mentor to Rhagara. Talaen is very non-communicative and somewhat of a racist. I'm rolling him tankadin style and I'm fairly familiar with the class but some IC/OOC mentoring is always appreciated.

What sort of role-playing setting are you looking for, Teutelagaelkavbkaerioeareabalkdhfearelkajefea.... sir?

You got a lot of unique flavors, and I'm sure you will get spammed a bit with humor and silliness on this thread... but a good thing to point out is the unique variety you want your character to be immersed in. Full immersion? Yeah, lots of people can do that. But what is the taste you seek?

Are you looking for an evil guild? A good guild? A rogue-like guild that breaks away from the norm (i.e. actings normal, since everybody tries to break away from the norm.) Do you seek a collection of warriors who seek Justice? Or maybe a secretive cult that dwells in the shadows, pulling at the strings of the adventurers who have come to the aid of the Warchief?

I can't go away without also voicing out for the Alliance. In case you aren't fully immersed into your Horde side, I know the Alliance is waiting for a real good kick in the nuts to jump start some of their wayward and disfranchised role-players ... most who are not represented here on the Gazette or on the Twisting Nether Forum.

Good luck! And don't feed the emo's.

Just call me TQ for everyone's sanity. ;)

I'm looking for a group of mature people who enjoy having a good time be it RP, PvP or PvE. I don't ever want to feel like this game is a job. It's supposed to be FUN. I would prefer to be approached IC but I definitely want to be sure I get along OOC with folks, too.

Full immersion? YES! However, I like having a separate OOC channel for chatting and general silliness that isn't strictly IC.

Good? Bad? Ugly? It's hard to say exactly what "theme" I'm looking for with my characters. They're both still developing personalities although, as I previously mentioned, Talaen borders on being a misanthrope while Rhagara is just your run o'the mill Orc Huntress.

Oh, I plan on playing Alliance side, too. I'm going to ninja hubby's account and roll Alliance here since he's not playing this server. :D

I'm sure you saw my post in the thread for the crew, but I thought I'd put it out there again anyway. :D I can't say we're really heavy roleplayers, and guildchat is OOC, but we have plenty of fun. In any case I'd be glad to share what huntering tips I have. :)

I'm sure you saw my post in the thread for the crew, but I thought I'd put it out there again anyway. :D I can't say we're really heavy roleplayers, and guildchat is OOC, but we have plenty of fun. In any case I'd be glad to share what huntering tips I have. :)

I've learned through trial and error that I can't stand an OOC /guild channel.

I don't mean offense by this, but I have heard from others that The Grim is basically "raid or gtfo" though it is all IC (props for that, at least). Is this accurate, or is there a good amount of non-raid stuff that goes on in the guild?

I ask because I rarely see a member of The Grim anywhere, and it's supposedly a pretty big guild.

Depends on who you speak to, Agnarr - as well as your perspective of things. A large majority of the active Grim do indeed raid, and that is what a lot of focus has gone into. Where we were casual, we have now took a committed stance to it - after all ... nobody wants to spend 3 hours of their night not really getting anything done. If people wanted that, they would go play a single-player game.

I also believe the things/events/stories that Cristok has been doing is a good example that the Grim does other things. Cristok is our PvP head (I'm the PvE guy) and does his best to mix both in-guild events, out of guild events, and spontaneous events ... without it becoming too overwhelming or boring. He's trying many new ideas; some that have done well and some that need tweaking.

As some may notice, I'm a fairly vocal (type?) guy ... and that moves into the realm of me handling the guild raiding business. I'm also a little intimidating; so some may feel that raiding is all that we do. Do we do a lot of it? Sure - but that's what guilds do ... get together to do stuff. I'm sure people wouldn't appreciate us hitting Stormwind everyday; or sending out Grim wolf packs to make the Alliance truly, truly despise us. So... we only do that occasionally - so it doesn't become repeative or cross the delicate balance between "playing evil" and "being a douche."

Is the Grim right for Teu? I don't know - but as much as people like to say it ... I don't recruit people. They come to us; or they go somewhere else.

There are a lot of guilds out there, that give a lot to their members. With The Grim, you have to be committed; or you won't last long. The Grim isn't a guild that you "just join to play the game." You want to be part of it ... you want to invest your time in it - because we invest our time in you.

Though, do not think "investing time" computes to "be on 24 hours a day." Grolish is an officer, and he can only play 5-6 hours a week... which he does - but in that time-frame where he can't play, he's still active. Boards, messages, and RP.

... not that I have a problem with people being on 24/7. I don't think Cristok does either. Mwhahahaha!

EDIT: Also, I'm sure you can read the journals and RP stories to see the Grim are also active in the RP community. While I certainly am not into that big cluster ... Grim are! DOOM!

I ask because I rarely see a member of The Grim anywhere, and it's supposedly a pretty big guild.

We actually aren't very big, it just might seem that way to the people here. Hover around 100 decently active accounts. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a bit less. Hellscream Marauders is four times our size. 430 members last I looked.

100 may sound like a lot, but it really isn't. What it translates into(very roughly) is anywhere from 5-30 people or so in-game at any given time. Usually somewhere in the middle of course.

Personally I wish we were about twice the size we are.

No guilds are perfect, stay as long as someone pushes the wrong button then go to another one.

Most RPers do this until they end up in The Grim.

Heh, we lose some to attrition that way too. We're not for everyone, that's for sure. But if you have any questions about the Grim, PM me. I'm the nice one. ;)

No guilds are perfect, stay as long as someone pushes the wrong button then go to another one.

Most RPers do this until they end up in The Grim.

It's depressing, too, that RPers (for a large part) seem to have such little care outside of themselves to try and make guilds work, instead of always looking for the next shiny one.

It's depressing, too, that RPers (for a large part) seem to have such little care outside of themselves to try and make guilds work, instead of always looking for the next shiny one.

I guess I'm the black sheep when it comes to that. I believe in loyalty to my friends and I look for a guild of people I can call friends. My alliance main has only ever been in two guilds over the course of three years of playing WoW. Both are role play guilds. I don't like guild hopping and I tend to take a dim view of people who are always looking for the better deal.

Not everyone does that. I have been with Infection since day one, and never plan on leaving Infection. I've stuck by my guild through thick and thin.

Its really a shame how so many guilds break apart so easily, I'd really like to see more RP guilds around.

Its not the size that counts, its all about the quality of RP, kids.

Roll allaince.

It's better then horde.

It worries me that you can't spell "Alliance" nor tell the grammatical difference between "then" and "than" but still want me to come play with you. :confused:

I've played Alliance for most of my time on WoW. I'm exploring the Horde side. Also, if you've bothered to read my previous posts, you'd know that I plan to play Alliance on Twisting Nether eventually.

Truth.

Also, Tillna plays Horde more, so his statement may be more of an endorsement of Alliance than you realize, TQ. :D

It worries me that you can't spell "Alliance" nor tell the grammatical difference between "then" and "than" but still want me to come play with you. :confused:

I've played Alliance for most of my time on WoW. I'm exploring the Horde side. Also, if you've bothered to read my previous posts, you'd know that I plan to play Alliance on Twisting Nether eventually.

Well, I am known for epic mispells, mostly because I type really fast, misplace letters, ETC.

And no, I did not know that..I hardly know you, but, It's common place when the Looking for Guild pops up to stick your head in and yell out Join this or Re roll that.