Ergh...I just now realized I misgemmed my Merciless Gladiator's Felshroud pretty badly. Veiled Noble Topaz instead of a +resil gem.

What should I be putting in my Felshroud set instead, gem wise? >_<

I feel like such an idiot. :(

Gem for survivability. Consider SL/SL to be a tanking spec and treat it as such. The talents that you pick up don't scale damage as well as it scales stamina.

[e] If you're affliction, you can scrape by with a few offensive gems, but it's pretty much the same story there too.

Gem for survivability. Consider SL/SL to be a tanking spec and treat it as such. The talents that you pick up don't scale damage as well as it scales stamina.

[e] If you're affliction, you can scrape by with a few offensive gems, but it's pretty much the same story there too.

Survivability = Stam and resil? O_O;

Gawd, I'm such a PvP newb.

Survivability = Stam and resil? O_O;

Gawd, I'm such a PvP newb.

Hey, gotta start from somewhere. :) Yes, survivability would be stamina and resilience gems. Also of note, most warlocks tend to pick up 3 pieces of one set and 2 pieces of another to obtain two two-piece bonuses, giving them 70 extra free resilience.

Also of note, most warlocks tend to pick up 3 pieces of one set and 2 pieces of another to obtain two two-piece bonuses, giving them 70 extra free resilience.

It's the law.

Hey, gotta start from somewhere. :) Yes, survivability would be stamina and resilience gems. Also of note, most warlocks tend to pick up 3 pieces of one set and 2 pieces of another to obtain two two-piece bonuses, giving them 70 extra free resilience.

As in 3 vengeful pieces and 2 brutal pieces would do this (or take any other combination)?

Work the same for us shifty-types? (speaking of druids)

I am at 200 resil now (about to buy my first S2 piece) and need to find a way to maximize resilience beyond "stack Halaa gems"

As in 3 vengeful pieces and 2 brutal pieces would do this (or take any other combination)?

Work the same for us shifty-types? (speaking of druids)

I am at 200 resil now (about to buy my first S2 piece) and need to find a way to maximize resilience beyond "stack Halaa gems"

No no, not cross season set, but rather cross 'spec' sets. For druids, this would be 3 pieces of kodohide and 2 pieces of wyrmhide, which is much less optimal. Warlocks are pretty much the only class that has access to two DPS sets allowing them to pull off the double resilience bonus at little to no drawback.

So..Three Mec. Glad Felshroud and ....Uh...What would the other two be? Help! :( Please? LOL.

I'd personally suggest 3 Merc. Glad. Dreadweave pieces, then two pieces of Merc. Glad. Felshroud. Warlocks aren't very crit reliant these days, so the added damage on the Dreadweave set would be more beneficial.

No no, not cross season set, but rather cross 'spec' sets. For druids, this would be 3 pieces of kodohide and 2 pieces of wyrmhide, which is much less optimal.

Gotcha. I guess it *might* work if I was doing a dreamstate build, but I'm not.

I'd personally suggest 3 Merc. Glad. Dreadweave pieces, then two pieces of Merc. Glad. Felshroud. Warlocks aren't very crit reliant these days, so the added damage on the Dreadweave set would be more beneficial.

Someone told me last night I couldn't do that. [Merc Glad DW and Merc Glad Felshroud, they said the resil didn't stack.] Shit.

Looks like I will get the Dreadweave gloves then. X_X I was all set to get Felshroud gloves today. Oh wait, they're the same.

I'm so confused. /wails

Eh, I have all dreadweave because I didn't pay attention to this until I had already upgraded all but one piece. Feh.

As for gems, I like the +sta/+resil greens. I can cut +8 resil gems on my pally, but that's about it.

Someone told me last night I couldn't do that. [Merc Glad DW and Merc Glad Felshroud, they said the resil didn't stack.] Shit.

Looks like I will get the Dreadweave gloves then. X_X I was all set to get Felshroud gloves today. Oh wait, they're the same.

I'm so confused. /wails

I can say with 100% certainty that whoever told you they didn't stack is wrong. The resilience bonuses do indeed stack.

so the s2 gear if I get 2 Felshroud and 3 Dreadweave, the resil will stack?

This is correct.

This makes my day.

I love you guys.

Happy to help! :D

If you're looking to do a fair bit of PvP at 70, Keth, look me up when you hit it. I'd happy to help out a new PvP 70 in-game. And we're in the same guild. I think.

As a warlock, priority should go for resilience (You're in cloth... warriors, hunters, and rogues will destroy you without it), secondly you should stack stamina. Once you get around 325 or 350 resilience (possibly more), you can start looking at either spell damage, spell crit, or spell penetration depending on your spec.

I don't play a warlock, so someone that does can say if I'm wrong or not, but SL/SL you'd probably want spell damage to up how much your DoTs do.

If you're looking to do a fair bit of PvP at 70, Keth, look me up when you hit it. I'd happy to help out a new PvP 70 in-game. And we're in the same guild. I think.

I think we are too. LOL. I think you got titchy at Keth ICly. xD

And yes, I am looking to mainly PvP and will hit you up like you wouldn't believe. :D

As a warlock, priority should go for resilience (You're in cloth... warriors, hunters, and rogues will destroy you without it), secondly you should stack stamina. Once you get around 325 or 250 resilience (possibly more), you can start looking at either spell damage, spell crit, or spell penetration depending on your spec.

I don't play a warlock, so someone that does can say if I'm wrong or not, but SL/SL you'd probably want spell damage to up how much your DoTs do.

There's a good reason I posted what I said above. SL/SL gains barely any scaling talents for spell damage, therefor spell damage is not the stat to stack. SL/SL is about outliving your opponent(s) while dealing damage over time and keeping yourself up through drains. If you don't have the stamina to survive the "over time" portion of that equation, spell damage is worthless.

The general rule of thumb for SL/SL is to hit roughly 12,000-13,000 HP unbuffed before you start stacking any offensive stats. Also, since 'locks can stack the 2x 35 resilience bonuses, stacking resilience gems tends to not be the way to go either. With the full pvp sets, the pvp trinket, and the offset BG items warlocks push close to the resilience cap without gemming for resilience at all. A -little- extra gemming for resilience doesn't hurt, especially as you're gearing up, but any point over the resilience cap is entirely wasted.

If you can, get Dreadweave chest, legs, and shoulders and Felweave head and hands. I missed the memo on that, but unless you're Destruction the head and hands are the slots that give up the least amount of +spell damage/+stam in favor of +spell crit, which you don't need unless you're Destruction.

Other than that? What Kaliera said.

If you can, get Dreadweave chest, legs, and shoulders and Felweave head and hands. I missed the memo on that, but unless you're Destruction the head and hands are the slots that give up the least amount of +spell damage/+stam in favor of +spell crit, which you don't need unless you're Destruction.

I'm mad at myself for leaving this out. Yes, what Izrail is saying here is very true. If you've already purchased items that make this combo 'impossible' I wouldn't sweat over it, but if you have yet to make your purchases, follow the guideline Izrail posted.

If you are afflicto or SL/SL, you do want some hit, just enough ((Dunno numbers)) so that your attacks will stick often enough.

Dunno if the armor will give you enough, I just go tmy s2 shoulders

There's a good reason I posted what I said above. SL/SL gains barely any scaling talents for spell damage, therefor spell damage is not the stat to stack. SL/SL is about outliving your opponent(s) while dealing damage over time and keeping yourself up through drains. If you don't have the stamina to survive the "over time" portion of that equation, spell damage is worthless.

The general rule of thumb for SL/SL is to hit roughly 12,000-13,000 HP unbuffed before you start stacking any offensive stats. Also, since 'locks can stack the 2x 35 resilience bonuses, stacking resilience gems tends to not be the way to go either. With the full pvp sets, the pvp trinket, and the offset BG items warlocks push close to the resilience cap without gemming for resilience at all. A -little- extra gemming for resilience doesn't hurt, especially as you're gearing up, but any point over the resilience cap is entirely wasted.

So it'd be more spell penetration then.

And stacking resilience gems does work in the time that it takes to reach the cap with just the gear. The season sets gained for honor aren't going to give you enough to hit the cap on their own until you get the veterans stuff to go with it, including weapons and trinkets.

Also, isn't the resilience cap around 400? Stacking gems certainly helps to get you there.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading Blizzard patched in a fix making it that you couldn't do the 2 piece resilience bonus anymore. I coulda sworn I saw it...