chasevrocket

/PVP Flag VS Role-Play

If you are purposely flagged for PVP within your own Faction's territory, and you are role-playing, do you expect to not be attacked by other players?

Would you be angry that you were attacked?

Would you deflag after the assault?

And ultimately, it is wrong for a Role-player to attack a flagged role-player during that player's role-play? Does their choice to be flagged make it okay within their own territory to be openly assaulted?

If you are purposely flagged for PVP within your own Faction's territory, and you are role-playing, do you expect to not be attacked by other players?

Yes

Would you be angry that you were attacked?

Aside from the initial OMGWTF, no.

Would you deflag after the assault?

Always flagged, babeh.

And ultimately, it is wrong for a Role-player to attack a flagged role-player during that player's role-play?

Nope.

Does their choice to be flagged make it okay within their own territory to be openly assaulted?

Yes. Think of it this way...it puts you more into a sense of an actual...you know...war.

However, I am unflagged in real life. NO ONE CAN TOUCH ME.

PVP HAPPENED QQ

oh wait wrong forum

If you're purposely flagged in your own territory (which I think is great, I do that on all of my 70s), you're asking for it. There's really no reason to be angry. If you're not flagged on purpose (just hearthed or left a bg) then there's a reason to get mad, but not at the opposing player, just at your dumb luck.

I think it's fine and great for a roleplayer to attack another one during RP... mix things up a bit. It's like idiot RP-gungho alts say on the realm forums occasionally, RP-PvP does not mean either-or. With PvP you need to respect RP rules. And with RP rules you need to realize that PvP happens. If you don't want it to, roll on a PvE server.

There is absolutely nothing worse in the entire world then getting blue-walled until you are massively outnumbered when hitting enemy towns or major cities.

Nothing.

Everyone should be permaflagged once you hit level 70.

There is absolutely nothing worse in the entire world then getting blue-walled until you are massively outnumbered when hitting enemy towns or major cities.

Nothing.

this~

There is nothing like sitting there, having a conversation then you head people fighting outside, run out, bash a few skulls in, then walk back in and sit down and grumble about stupid Alliance/Horde. xD

PvP makes for some fun spontaneous RP.

All my characters are flagged, 100% of the time. From an RP standpoint, being unattackable on a PvP server is just ridiculous. Sure, it's a pain in the ass when my little level 6 gets one-shotted but hey, that's the way it goes.

Yeah, Ive been flagged since level 1 (Minus a brief period of time in the thirties for personal reasons). It doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

It doesn't bother me when it happens when I'm RP-ing. The only thing I get annoyed at is half the time I'm in RP clothes and die in 2 seconds. >.< But that's not your problem, it's mine.

Bring it on!

some of my characters are perma flagged, most are not.

The ones that are perma-flagged I take extra precautions on (ie, I don't /afk with them, I actually log their lazy butts out) because I *do* expect people to kill me when it isn't convenient.

The ones that aren't are that way because I like to be able to step away from the computer and leave my character standing around in town without having to worry about someone stabbing them while I'm gone.

Nothing.

This this.

Everyone should be permaflagged once you hit level 1.

First thing I do when I make a new character /pvp

Seriously any area where you won't be flagged you are highly unlikely to be killed, and even if you are it's probably someone moving on to a nearby instance in that zone and you are even less likely to be camped.

I expect to be attacked anytime I am anywhere in the world, except for Shatt. So if you don't want to be attacked go to the big blueberry city. I still say on the last day of BC the no pvp rule should be lifted there and all the guards should be drunk like the goblins.

I still say on the last day of BC the no pvp rule should be lifted there and all the guards should be drunk like the goblins.

That would be EPIC.

I typically permaflag. Though I don't do it on my warrior, as I'm bad at PVP with a prot warrior. Blame it on me, or blame it on the prot spec.

My lowbie 'lock, now 16, will probably permaflag at 20.

A few ally 70s came into Silvermoon last night, and by god did I start throwing my curse of agony around. I think it actually worked on one of them. Someone (unflagged) nearby sent me a whisper asking if I thought it was wise to be PVP flagged there. I was like "for now ;)"

This is why I played on a RPPVP server and not a regular RP server. Because it is more realistic to be running along and get ambushed by an Alliance here or there. Anyone who RP's with their PvP flag on a PVP server should expect to get attacked at any time. Abraham Lincoln's assassin didn't go, "Oh hey, he is watching a play. I'll wait till its over." Why should the Alliance do otherwise?

Nothing.

Q F T

What is the periodicity of this topic? Every 4 months?

Cycle that needs to happen more often. Mocking PvP whiners amuses me to no end.

Oh, and PvE server --->.

Cycle that needs to happen more often. Mocking PvP whiners amuses me to no end.

Oh, and PvE server --->.

No one's mocking anyone, Chase just wanted to know what the community thought about the subject.

No one's mocking anyone, Chase just wanted to know what the community thought about the subject.

Obviously we should be. Like all those assholes who haven't/aren't going to/aren't easily provoked anymore responded yet.

I was kinda pissed when I was ganked after an IC duel once, but hey I was flagged. And you know it was only because the gankers were RPers too. If it were a non RPer, meh, my bad.

if I'm flagged it's because I want to fight or I am willing to accept the consequences. Swerto is always flagged no matter where he is, it's in his character to defend Undercity territory which is really the only friendly territory you'll see him in... ever.