Skeletør

A Writing Student, New to TW, New to RP, LF Friends/Guild/RP'ers

Hello to everyone and congratulations on the great community!

I recently transferred here from Dragonmaw, and I love this server.

To explain things simply, I am a writing and literature student, have been for far too long now, and I am hoping to find a group of RP'ers who appreciate Warcraft in a similar way to me.

I played on Dragonmaw for almost three years, I raided and pvp'ed, but those aspects of the game hold no significance to me if it's as simple as "Be at X at Y o'clock", and frankly the conflict that such a simple concept creates is utterly amazing. That issue in itself was part of the reason I left.

To me, the way I see the game, the way I enjoy it ... well, I enjoyed my first experience in Karazhan so much - I went and bought the Warcraft novel "The Last Guardian", and enjoyed it terribly (Despite its many, many literary flaws). However, as one raid a week turned into two, then two into three, it became monotonous, stressful and boring, completely losing any "creative fun". Don't get me wring though, I enjoy the power that comes with purple items as much as anyone else, and i am quite happy with the effort required to get them, but I play this game to relax, not meet the demands of obsessive raiders who "need" me to raid with them, rather than "wanting" me to raid with them.

So what I am asking is if anyone could help me out or point me in the direction of a 'fun' RP Guild, or a group of RP'ers, I would be terribly grateful. I have spoken to a few people in-game and they have mentioned that RP Guilds recruit through an in-character interview, or have other requirements that need to be met - I am fine with all of that, I don't mind working toward getting items or developing a character.

Thanks

Honestly, a good majority of the guilds represented here are RP guilds that also raid/PvP. Most of them are relatively casual about it as well...things happen when they happen, and you're not forced to participate in anything you don't want to. I'd look at the TN guild list on here, and find a guild that interests you.

So what I am asking is if anyone could help me out or point me in the direction of a 'fun' RP Guild, or a group of RP'ers, I would be terribly grateful.

Check the wiki, there's a guild list you could browse.

Thanks. I missed the Guild list here, only found the Guild list for Twisting Nether on the WoW forums. I tried to contact a few people in-game but the info there is a little dated i think.

For alliance stuff I would look up Fynne, Lisbet or Sifar. Those three should be able to set you on the right track Alliance side. :)

Glad to see you found the TNG alright, Skeletør.

I'd highly suggest the Alliance, if only because they need the numbers and some fresh meat... er... new RPers! It might actually be a better start for a new RPer too, you can get yourself invested in the RP slowly and not have it freak you out right away like it can with the Horde (Don't venture into Silvermoon too late in the evening). You'd probably have an easier time making a name for yourself as an RPer on the Alliance, too, since there's a lot less competition and a lot of the big names there frequent the forums here.

There's plenty of guilds on both sides so you've got plenty of variety to choose from.

1. I am in no way a "big name" rper ;p I'm a raider, so I rp in between getting mats for flasks and badges to gem my gear ;p I'm a "known name" because I post here :) Haldren is a good example of a "big namer", Sifar is another, and Fynne is exceptionaly well known for his handsome swashbuckling awesomeness, complete with flowing mane of golden locks. :) That being said, You are always welcome to come hunt me (Or Alishondra, or Maegannon) down and spark up a conversation! (If your horde, please don't kill me, I has enough of that with Grim and Scorn!)

2. You said you've transfered here, is that a "Transfered a 70" or "started anew" transfer? If you transfered a 70, what faction? As much as we'd love more open rpers on Alliance side, we don't need 9 more posts making you feel bad if you transfered a 70 horde here :P If you "rerolled", and haven't gotten that deep in yet, I would say try alliance.

3. Some Alliance guilds that I know of off the top of my head who have some exelent rpers are : Sword of the Morning, The Ebon Banner, Stormwind Cavalry,The Eternal Order(Is TEO still around? I am so out of the loop!), and Tirisfallen. There are more, alot more, but because I'm in a raiding guild, I've fallen out of the loop a little bit. Fynne knows a few more, and Sifar and Haldren know more :)

1. I am in no way a "big name" rper ;p I'm a raider, so I rp in between getting mats for flasks and badges to gem my gear ;p I'm a "known name" because I post here :) Haldren is a good example of a "big namer", Sifar is another, and Fynne is exceptionaly well known for his handsome swashbuckling awesomeness, complete with flowing mane of golden locks. :) That being said, You are always welcome to come hunt me (Or Alishondra, or Maegannon) down and spark up a conversation! (If your horde, please don't kill me, I has enough of that with Grim and Scorn!)

Don't be silly. You cross-faction RPed with us out in Hillsbrad right before we slaughtered you guys over a misunderstanding as to whether or not your hubby wanted to duel Leoren or stare at him longingly! That makes you a 'big name' RPer in my eyes. :P

2. You said you've transfered here, is that a "Transfered a 70" or "started anew" transfer? If you transfered a 70, what faction? As much as we'd love more open rpers on Alliance side, we don't need 9 more posts making you feel bad if you transfered a 70 horde here :P If you "rerolled", and haven't gotten that deep in yet, I would say try alliance.

Dammit, that's a good point. I didn't check his level or anything when he contacted me in-game. >_<

Cabriel is always willing to RP, and enjoys cliff-diving, alchemy, backhanded compliments, and melon juice. Also, this warlock stuff he's gotten into is fun. Look him up. :)

Also -- Sanctuary is filled with amazing RP'ers.

Don't be silly. You're the first one who got me started on Alliance side here (even though I rarely play the character. I should a bit more often <_<).

Dammit, that's a good point. I didn't check his level or anything when he contacted me in-game. >_<

Sorry about that I should have posted it first. I am sporting a level seventy Undead Warlock as my main, and I also have a level seventy Tauren Warrior.

As you have now declared that you play an undead character, I am obligated to extend the invitation of Infection. Join us in the glory of the Dark Lady, or be cast aside and forgotten among the weak lesser races.

....and the such.

I'm totally being nice, and looking out for Eternia, is all.

I'm not being "de"-structive, certainly not.

Perhaps you're being... deconstructive? Eh? Am I right?

A little inside literary joke. You wouldn't understand.

Two weeks since posting here and I am still without a guild. I have been accepted into The Grimm pending a name change, because they don't accept members with unique characters in their name. I have an application pending with the raven cross that i don't think will ever get reviewed, and I just got randomly invited to a guild named Fatal Aggression. I have been trying to contact Naheal regarding his invitation to infection, but I haven't seen him online.

I still enjoy this community, but I could still use some help. Despite my best efforts I remain guildless and raidless.

Thanks for everyones ongoing help

- Skeletor

Keep talking with the Grim. For Warlocks Pincus is the class lead, but I think if you contact Thrysta or Acherontia you'll get in faster. What is the character's name changed to or have you decided not to do so?

Keep talking with the Grim. For Warlocks Pincus is the class lead, but I think if you contact Thrysta or Acherontia you'll get in faster. What is the character's name changed to or have you decided not to do so?

I spoke to Acherontia ... I was against the name change, only because I didn't want to pay money to join a guild I had never associated with before. We discussed other alternatives, but no word as of yet. Feeling a little, unprioritized.

I spoke to Acherontia ... I was against the name change, only because I didn't want to pay money to join a guild I had never associated with before. We discussed other alternatives, but no word as of yet. Feeling a little, unprioritized.

Sorry about that. When I joined it took me a month of sucking up to Abric and Lascivious. And that was after I had healed their asses in MC for a little while. But don't let the silence dissuade you. It's a great guild.

I think Diomades is the person to speak to about Raven's Cross. And... Leoren. Add those guys to your friends list.

For Infection, Nadea Grainia and Keraph are good to hit up for recruitment. Bug Faelen if you never see them on and he'll get you in.

Everyone's kinda out of it now that it's summer. You'll get into one soon.