Noxtrael

Lord Noxtrael Shadowstar of the Fabled Paladin Order

Illisade places his swords to his side and gazes up into the glaring sunlight. "Whenever I combat along side with the Lord he gives me a sense of hope....and direction. He may very have a big part in whats to come."

((I have now included the rest of the main story arc regarding Noxtriel and his brother, Kaonus. This also explains the transition from the Fabled Order from being an order of Paladins to one of Paladins and those Death Knights who were Paladins in life and fought for it to the last breath.))

*Smirking he slams the tip of his blade in to the ground* Ah, This one... Of course how could I forget my good "Friends" in the Order. Very noble Knights some of the best I have possibly fought. To be honost If I was not attacking these men then there would be no powerful foes left in my way.

Indeed I do recall a battle beetween him while travling with a hunter, I recall telling him to step back knowing his condition I did not wan't to draw my blade but he was so willing to fight. I Could not deny a true knight a challange of course. The battle was long and hard blades clashing blinding light flashing beetween us, Just as the steel of our blades became red with the heat of clashing forces meeting each other I saw a opening in his attack delivering a blow to him. I could of killed him there but I Knew the odds where against him and it would not be so noble to just slay such a worthy oponent like that. I Only hope I can see this man once more, When we are at even odds and both of us are equaly met I will truely unleash my force against him.

*Shruging* If I killed him who the hell would keep me entertained?

*Picking up his blade from the frozen ground he places it on his shoulder walking off.*

**chuckles when he is told of Kained's remarks in regards to the Highlord*

I would expect nothing less... I would rather enjoy a battle between the two of them, as there are none I respect more in combat than the Highlord and that elf, Kained. Surely the battle would be epic.

*smiles*

Ah, if only all who wielded the light were as efficent as these two, the best of the best.

Even though I only met him from the wrong end of his blade, I can't help but think this one seems like a genuinely honorable sort. He wasn't fond of Demitri, Arkaydos and I intruding on the Skybreaker, and he dutifully drove us off, even when the odds were fully against him and we broke upon him like a wave up until he had more comrades at his back than we.

I couldn't shake the feeling he was having fun the whole time, somehow. And I bet that wink of his has tamed many women to his will.

I made a rather crude statement at the beginning of our fighting with a banner of the Undercity, and wound up feeling almost as if I wanted to apologize, until he simply fought fire with fire, now I think he and I both consider it even.

Excellent fighter. Actually seems noble in the truest sense of the word. Wouldn't mind buying him a drink.

"I've spoken directly with Lord Noxtrael, though, I doubt he realized it was me. I would love to forge a friendship with the Paladin and his men, Ignas was vary pleased when I told him of my intentions. His sense of Honor and Justice has inspired a lot people, on both sides of the border. If only I could sit down with him one on one...."

**she sips some tea, jotting down something in her note book**

Lady Tiraline raised one eyebrow in a cold expression. "Oh yes. HIM.

"His people approached Dunamis some months ago about an alliance between our orders. You keep that in mind through the rest of this account: THEY came to US. They invited us to come meet them and discuss the mechanics and terms.

"When Sir Issachar, Sister Falkara, Farseer Ariaan, and I showed up to this meeting, it turned out that it was a meeting of their order as a whole. We stood there and waited, and WAITED, and WAITED for forty-five minutes while they carried on their own internal business. They didn't even acknowledge us until they were good and ready--no, not even a 'hi there' or 'won't you sit down'.

"And then, when they deigned to recognize our existence, Noxtrael treated us like WE were approaching THEM about this! THEY CAME TO US! He treated us like supplicants, and acted like he was some benevolent saint bestowing blessings upon the poor benighted lowlifes, or a king granting a boon to unworthy peasants. And when Issachar asked to meet with him privately to go over details of this new alliance, Noxtrael put him off.

"Then we never heard from them again, except during the time when we chanced across Noxtrael--when he acted like his merely talking to us was doing us a tremendous favor, and he spent a lot of that time extolling his own 'virtues' and valor. He also made sure to let us know he thought our pursuits in Winterspring were petty, and we should be working elsewhere. Never mind the presence of demons there; we should be in Northrend, JUST LIKE HIM. Issachar was too polite to tell him we had better things to do than listen to Noxtrael boast and belittle us. Next time, though, I won't be that polite."

Tiraline nodded firmly, her expression still frigid. "After seeing the way he treated our order, my husband--who is a war hero, a peer of the realm, and a good man in his own right, thank YOU--and even some of his own people, I cannot see the 'honor' and 'goodness' so many people attribute to Noxtrael."

I am truly at a loss as to how you came to those impressions regarding my mood towards your clan. I did seek you out, for there are few noble clans ((i.e. RP)) that survive for long, and so it is always our intention to learn more of them and to suggest further cooperation on a united front. It seemed a good thing indeed when Issachar and his allies arrived to speak with us during our council meeting, for it was an ideal setting for you to learn more of our Order and our proceedings as well as it was for us to learn of yours. It was a necessary step towards formalizing an alliance.

If I recall aright, you arrived during our Knighting Ceremonies. Many others have come to observe our Council and the Knightings, and so I had no notion that you found it so discomfitting to await their conclusion. Even so, such things do not often take long, and I do not think it was very long ere our own matters were concluded and we could proceed to the most important matter--that of discussing an alliance with Dunamis. It is to my understanding that it is the main event that is saved for last--the event of central importance to which the rest is a mere precursor. I had intended to offer that place in our council as a matter of honor for you and your clansmen--I am sorry that it was taken as a slight instead.

At that point, I believe I said a few words regarding the Order and then invited you to speak of Dunamis, its charter, its purpose, and its members. Regardless of who approaches whom, each side in an alliance must seek to bridge the gap by trying to help the other understand them. I was genuinely curious about Dunamis's nature, and knew my knights would also wish to learn of it. Again, it is unfortunate that you took this invitation for discussion for a demand made upon supplicants to convince me of their worthiness.

Regarding the matter of Winterspring, I was again merely curious what events might have drawn you to those lands when you were clearly strong enough to sail north and join in the siege upon the Scourge's base of power. Since many soldiers and adventurers were so eager to rush to Northrend, it intrigued me that you were deployed elsewhere and so I thought to learn what drew you there. I did not mean to presume to chastise you for not sailing north, only to remark that it was unusual that you did not and learn why.

As I certainly did not anticipate any such irritation or misgivings on your part regarding our conduct, it would have served better had you made your concerns aware to me at that time. I could have then apologized for any unintended interpretation of my manner and clarified my intent. That would have certainly been preferable to your giving all appearance that everything went well and then later denouncing me as you have. You also seem to scorn us for not continuing to keep our connection strong, but you must realize an alliance is a meeting of two parties. If the connection weakens and fades, it is both sides which have failed to actively seek to coordinate. For our part, we invited you to join in our shared communications available to allies of the Order and its members, but I have not seen any such sign of your clansmen making use of it. I have also kept Dunamis in mind whensoever we are embarking to fight the Horde or the evils in the dungeons of the world, but each time there were none present who were of a season to accompany us. Admittedly this may not have been enough of an effort to maintain relations, but if you would scorn us for not reaching out more forcefully, keep in mind that you are equally guilty of not taking the initiative to reach out to us.

This being said, it is unfortunate if two such groups such as we cannot work together against a common foe--of which there are many--due to a mere misunderstanding. If it must be so, then I will at least be glad to fight alongside your clansmen when chance throws our forces together in a city defense, if not in battles we have planned together.

Did ye know that tha Order commanded by Mr. 'igh-an'-mighty His Noxtraelness, Sir, dragged an entire Fordragon Imports death squad inte Quel'thalas -- this do be WITHIN SIGHT O' SILVERMOON, mind ye -- then refused te attack tha seditionist blood elves? What a chump.

*Ranaynne rakes a hand back through her hair, her eyes weary as they glance to the reporter.

"Noxtrael? Oh!"

*She bites her lip, seeming thoughtful, choosing her words carefully,

"Noxtrael; Lord to the Fabled Order; is both a fine organizer for the Light and a somewhat lofty speaker. Their ceremonies are formal, rather lengthy, and the overall feeling I got when I was invited to discuss a possible Guild treaty so long ago was one of disdain and dismissal.

The Order is filled with fine folks, and fine folks can at times be perceived as many things that they are not. I served for a time in Thomas' Cavalry; twice, in fact, and an Officer both times.. and I must say this if anything does give me a bit more respect for Noxtrael's efforts.

The attitude of the Alliance risks falling further and further toward apathy.. Although of late; perhaps others have noticed.. the Summer Festival seems to be igniting the true spirit of the Alliance once more.. "

"Our paths have crossed on several occasions. Many times I would be defending Darkshire, Lakeshire or Sentinel Hill alone and find some amount of relief at seeing him and several others of his order ride in on their chargers, weapons at the ready."

"...When I was younger, and readily threw my entire being to the service of the light, I may have entertained the thought of seeking a position in his order. Now, though... everything does not seem so black and white..."

I know of a young lady named Corrisa who joined the Fabled Order a few weeks ago. She had burnt orange hair and a firey temper to match. She was young, I would say only 21 years of age or so. I had not seen her before. All I know of her is that even though she is young, her eyes were full of sadness. When you looked into her eyes, you could see nothing, but sadness and remorse. Her eyes showed no other signs of emotion, but sadness and remorse. I wondered why her eyes looked the way they did. How could she have suffered so much at such a young age? I never did ask her. There was a aura about her. An aura that made you feel like you were surronded by darkness, that there was no light in the world. As the guild meeting started she listened intently to High Lord Noxtreal and the other members who spoke that night. After the guild meeting was over High Lord Noxtreal told her to come up and kneel before him. She did as she was told. She took the oath of the Fabled Order and became a member of the guild. Ever sense she joined the guild she has carried out High Lord Noxtreal's wishes without question. Till this day she continues carrying out his wishes without question. No matter what they may be, she follows them. It has been three weeks now, sense she joined the Fabled Order. I wonder if she will continue carrying out High Lord Noxtreal's wishes without question. I wonder what will become of her. Perhaps, I will find out one day. There is also a chance that I may not find out. Whatever the outcome I hope that one day she will become of great assisatnce to the Fabled Order.

I recall a time when I was still but a fresh-faced, wet-behind-the-ears pup. The shortage of Light-wielding heroes--Paladins-- finally forced my hand and I picked up a worn hammer, hoping to inflict the Light's justice to the overpopulated kobolds.

*chuckles*

What a fool I was then. Noxtrael, the High Lord, came to me, revealed to me the pragmatic and tactile approach to wielding the Light--something I had never imagined in all reality. What he taught me was not from the texts, yet, it was filled with wisdom and experience that one could miss reading nothing but dry words. It was only after I listened to his words, and followed his instructions to the letter did I realize culling the overpopulated nuisance was but the tip of the iceberg.

After I had listened and continued for but a few more moments did he reveal himself to me. It was then that I had realized that a man of this stature had not only opened my eyes to a whole new world, but had done so without a shred of pride, only extending an offer to join the Order.

Gladly I took it, and only after my induction did I realize who had held my hand and guided me through those doors.

The Tauren crosses his arms and smirks faintly. "With Fordragon Imports no longer in the picture because of apparent turmoil in the Alliance, I cannot help but believe this man and his order may be all that stands between the Raven Cross and ending this war with the Alliance. They seem to be the only ones capable or willing any longer to stand and fight."

He raises a hand and clenches his fist as he grins at the goblin interviewer. "And we will fight."