Syreena

Race Ages?

more confusion for draenei I thought I’d add to this thread:

for the DK quests, your draenei's quest text has him/her as being born on Argus over 25,000 years ago. We know of many other draenei who lived during the time of Argus so it isn’t a huge surprise to see yet again, but it is a hint that “you can do it too” when other in game quest text would have you believe a lifespan for draenei is about 2500 years.

also, Night of the Dragon hints that draenei age like humans do when Idiri notices a human officer who “despite his beard he was young for his rank, as young as possibly she.” Nobody seems to think Idiri is a child (as people often do when looking at the various types of, slower to age, elves) so according to this source it would seem they do age like humans (at least until human maturity that is). Of course this does conflict with the impressions you get out of Rise of the Horde where Durotan witnesses the death of a draenei child he swears to be the same one he saw in Telmor when he was a child himself, a draenei who should be a grown woman by then he figures. Durotan was known for his very good memory, but he could have been mistaken…

Still, the various book authors and even the guys who write quest text do not make it easy to know draenei biology.

I first noticed the discrepency when "The Dark Portal" expansion hit, and "The Aftermath of the Second War" as told by Ner'zhul was written. I know there'd been discrepencies before *e.g., Garona* but for the orcs to have been fighting the first and Second War for 20 years, and then to come back, where the Draenor orcs said they'd been gone for thirty, that was odd.

So I did the math, and the only plausible thing, barring PIME TARADOX, was that Draenor's orbital revolution was different than Azeroths, and seeing that these are two different plants in different star systems assumingly, it's not that hard of a thing to swallow.

I think the most reasonable thing to assume is that when it comes to matters of time, the Blizz quest and lore writers, independent novelists, are really out of tune. At best, they may try and come back to 'fix' mistakes that they have made in the time-line, but I think for the most part, it's just off. So, like the draenei who seem timeless, we too, should probably just not pay too much attention to it. The loose ends that make up Azeroth's history are fragile enough without people pulling on them. xD

I think Brevus has the best idea: just keep it vague, or feign ignorance. Because it seems that's pretty close to the truth.

"How old am I? I really couldn't say. Saying would be knowing, and since I do not know, I cannot say."

Also according to this page Draenei are immortal

It says that a citation is needed for that, so it's not 100% confirmed based on that page.