Syreena

Race Ages?

A while back, there was a post somewhere comparing the ages of the different races. For example, humans are considered adults at age X, and trolls are considered adults at age Y.

Can anyone repost or link that information? Thanks!

I dunno about other races.. but I'm sure its safe to say that humans are of age between 12 and 15..

Comming of age is younger for females then males, seeing as women are usualy physicaly able to bear children around the age of 12.

This holds true for our own past history, so its the only constant for any "Not the present/not the future" setting.

I assume that Orcs are in the same -general- time frame.. yes?

Originally posted by Shote, on the RP forum:

In my time on the forrums, I see alot of threads asking for relative life ages of races. Well the Warcraft Role Playing book has all your answeres. The following information is taken directly from pages 173 and 174 of World of Warcraft the Roleplaying game, published by White Wolf.

Ok, here are the tables. Keep in mind these numbers are aproximate, everyone has they're own internal clock.

Key:

Adulthood is physical (sexual) maturity.

Middle Age is self explanatory.

Old is elderly, presumably complete with beard, wrinkles and fading hair.

Venerable this means dying. At most you have a decade or two to live, likely much less.

Goblin

Adulthood: 20

Middle Age: 40

Old: 58

Venerable: 73

Gnome

Adulthood: 40

Middle Age: 100

Old: 150

Venerable: 200

High Elf

Adulthood: 60

Middle Age: 175

Old: 263

Venerable: 350

Human

Adulthood: 15

Middle Age: 35

Old: 53

Venerable: 70

Dwarf, Iron Forge

Adulthood: 40

Middle Age: 125

Old: 188

Venerable: 250

Troll, Darkspear (Jungle)

Adulthood: 17

Middle Age: 30

Old: 47

Venerable: 69

Night Elf*

Adulthood: 300

Middle Age: 500

Old: 650

Venerable: 700

Orc

Adulthood: 20

Middle Age: 40

Old: 65

Venerable: 80

Tauren

Adulthood: 50

Middle Age: 75

Old: 95

Venerable: 110

Undead, Forsaken**

Adulthood: ---

Middle Age: ---

Old: ---

Venerable: ---

'Til Death: ---

* All Night Elves older then 300 are still counted as being at Adulthood age. Thus, they still have 400 years to live.

**Undead do not age (and presumably will not die of "natural" causes) as they have already previously died and are now Undead.

It's interesting that there are numbers like that for the Night Elves, considering they only recently became mortal with the destruction of Nordrassil. I wonder how they would classify Night Elves like Malfurion Stormrage, Tyrande Whisperwind, Fandral Staghelm, and Illidan (pre-demon transformation, obviously) who have been alive since before the Sundering?

I think the *'d point is, all night elves over the age of 300 years old, on the day after the distruction of the world tree.. are now of "Adult Age" and have only 400 years of life left ;p

The House of Kai**

Adulthood: 14-18 *

Middle Age: 90-190*

Old: 230-260*

Vulnerable: 300*

((Blegh... elf blood?? Eww. ))

I pretty much disregard them as being what he says. Hell, My character came from another world. Perfect explaination why he's different than cast iron Orcs. Draenor was dimensionally unstable. It was easy for someone to just cross over.

I believe in genetics, my friend. You ever hear that Ratt song?

o/` dun da dun da

Pig and elephant DNA just don't splice! o/`

I dislike the idea of having to live for 50 years before I'm an adult. I kinda play stupid on that little bit of info there.

But... I just told everyone I... DAMMIT!

*flees*

Garbhan is like... 400..

The bugger just won't die.

I believe he said that when he's tired of playing, one day after a battle he'll just go. "Right, that's that then." and just keel over.

400? I don't... think that's. possible...

not and still be walking.. He'd have hemophilia.. a papercut would cause him to crash and bleed out. His immunity system would be the equivalent of a redneck with a peashooter on a rocking chair trying to fight a barrage of tomahawk missles.

You try telling that to Garbhan. -chuckles-

He normally actually doesn't reveal his age, only that he should be dead already according to most.

I dislike the idea of having to live for 50 years before I'm an adult. I kinda play stupid on that little bit of info there.

But... I just told everyone I... DAMMIT!

*flees*

well if you put it to a perspective of humans to dogs, or the other way around, Then its different and the same. The Duration to "age" for one race will be differnt for the next over a coarse or like 5 to 10yrs. One may change in physique as the other wont, until later time (years). Etc etc etc...

..and if you have read the bible. You will see in the old testament that Certain individuals ages were recorded to be past that of 500yrs, even 900yrs. Im wondering if in those ancent times, years were recorded differently or if their years were as long as ours (i believe the bibles timeline is based off Egypts calender, aka what we use now) what was their aging like. Did they grow into an old man like today by age 70 than walked and lived as an old grandpa for 600+ yrs? OR was it like what i just explained above in that their aging process was expanded in a 600yrs+ duration instead of todays at a 70yrs+???? o.O

*sighs* yet another question ill never know the answer too

anyone have the lifespan for draenei?

From the model viewer it would appear that Velen is still kicking around, so that would lead me to believe they are immortal.

Any thoughts?

From the model viewer it would appear that Velen is still kicking around, so that would lead me to believe they are immortal.

Any thoughts?

Since they're all FUCKING DEMONS

I'd say yeah.

Since they're all FUCKING DEMONS

I'd say yeah.

Uh..I don't think so..

from http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/draenei.html

Although the offer sounded very tempting, Velen had a vision of the future that filled him with sick dread. Sargeras had spoken the truth: the eredar who joined the Dark Titan would indeed gain enormous power and knowledge. However, the eredar would themselves be transformed into demons.

The draenei did not follow Sargeras, therefore they didn't turn into demons.

Yeah, so to answer my own question: Velen is over 25,000 years old. However that is not a typical lifespan. Apparently the naaru are artificially extending his age to help lead his people. Or at least, that's what the chatter seems to think.

Any thoughts?

There is a reference from a draenei quest in game that leads me to believe that they are immortal.

A draenei talked about Argus, and how he has been away for so long that he forgot how long they have been running or something like that.

The Eredar became immortal from their demonic transformation, this we know. That leads me to believe that the Draenei weren't originally immortal, and possibly reached immortality (or a long range of life) from the gifts they recieve from the Naaru.

These are just my theories, though.

by the way, if they are not immortal, no I do not know the life span of draenei.

While I believe it is the same as the night elves or longer, many players still hold on to the fact that Night Elves are the oldest races of all others, with the longest time to live.

and to the little boy who say the draenei are demons: Read your Burning Crusade booklet, or view some information on the draenei race online.