Belzebeus

A Letter Sealed in a Deep Red Wax

And stamped with the Crest of an Eye~

Delivered by courier to Mystagogue.

Dearest Mystagogue,

We met briefly in Tarren Mills recently and I wanted to assure you our encounter was not by chance. Say what you will of my old Orc mysticism but there is certainly an attraction of the Nether to yourself. As such, know that I have great interest in your career. Also know that there are others as well- others whom I hope you have not caught the attention of- but think not on these shadows. And please do not let an old Orc like myself in anyway disturb you. Think of me as a fond Uncle wishing to revel in the successes of his niece.

Should you need to reach me, know that I am currently residing at the Silvermoon City Inn. I am ready to aid you in your career as need be. Any contact you make with me should be discreet and know that I am registered under the name, Mr Bells. My anonymity is a neccessity at this time, and in good faith I know you will keep my secret- as I will yours.

Ever Watchful,

Ulfguard Belzebeus Darkheart

"Mr. Bells"

Atanasia scanned the letter thoroughly before the Mystagogue was allowed to touch it. After all, the Mystagogue had many potential enemies, and best to be safe. If there was poison in the parchment, or diseased dust, Atanasia would be the one to contact it...to find it. After all, it wasn't like she could be hurt for long.

Seeing that it was fine, she nodded to her Mystagogue and handed the letter to her, recording the information but keeping it locked away until it may be needed by her mistress once more.

Mr. Darkheart,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your most kind letter. I find myself in need of a tutor in the arts, and you came to mind. Would you care to meet to talk of this and other topics?

Your Humble Servant,

((illegible signature))

Belzebeus read the letter alone in his room at the Silvermoon City Inn. He set it down on the nightstand next to the small bed and moved, stepping out onto the balcony overlooking the city streets. Below, Blood Elf women hocked themselves among the shadows in the wee hours of the morning. Strange perfumes and city scents wafted on the warm breeze.

From his sleeve, Belzebeus produced a half smoked cigar and clenched it in his teeth. With a flame he conjured in his palm he lit the odourous stogy and puffed away into the thick air.

"It begins," he thought and then coughed.

"Am I getting too old for this?" he laughed to himself. "Now in the twilight of my time... things begin... So much to be done... "

The air about him turned a shade cooler and he shuddered. He pondered, briefly, and returned inside. Sitting down at the small writing desk he picked up a quill and began to write his reply.

Dearest Mystagogue,

It is with great pleasure that I inform you that I will indeed be able to take you into my tutelage. There are, of course, many that seek my council, but as I have said I am fond of you and was able to make certain sacrifices to be able to take you under my wing. Feel no obligation, at this time, as I am certain we will come to mutual satisfaction at our arrangement.

There are three books I would like you to begin reading: The Book of Sixes, Ansu Nadi Nameology, and the Diablonomicon. I have included the texts with this letter. Do be careful and remember to read the Diablonomicon from 1st page to last or you risk permamanent madness.

I will come to you soon to begin a more formal training.

There is a caucus of Warlocks which will need to form shortly for annual discussion and such- I do hope you would be so kind as to attend with me. I can introduce to you a few Warlocks and such and explain to you the politics of becoming a Master Artisan of the Dark Arts. Do be careful, information is power! The trick, as they say, is to always give less than you get. But there will be more time for such lessons in the future!

- Master Ulfguard Belzebeus Darkheart

"Mr. Bells"