l3rokken4ngel

Height/Weight for Races.

Okay. This is really starting to bug me a bit. I've had to adjust hights of my characters several times now because I don't know the 'standard' for the race.

Is there anywhere that has something like this post?

I kind of assumed Blood Elves were around that of Humans... and Night elves were a little shorter than Taruen. Trolls were around Taruen but a little taller if not slouched.

Can someone toss me some numbers?

Also for weight I'm just going by what a real life human's body mass index should be for the height. (for women, it's 100 lbs at 5 foot then 5 pounds for every inch.)

Help? Discuss?

If you take it just from character models...

This is not counting height differences between genders, since there isn't a huge difference except for maybe trolls, because the males are slouched so much.

Gnomes: 2.5-3 feet tall

Dwarves: 3-4.5 feet tall

Undead: 5-6 feet tall

Humans: 5.5-6.5 feet tall

Orcs: 6-7 feet tall

Blood Elves: 6-7 feet tall

Night Elves: 6.5-7.5 feet tall

Trolls (Female): 7-8 feet tall

Draenei: 7.5-8.5 feet tall

Trolls (Male): 8-9 feet tall

Tauren: 8-9.5 feet tall

And that's just how the models look to me. Actual stats... you'd probably want to find the Warcraft RPG books. Also, models are static and don't really mean much when it comes to roleplay... Just because the game models are perfect doesn't mean that the races themselves wouldn't be subject to having imperfections and genetic differences, since as I said before in another thread, other than the Forsaken, they all depend on DNA swapping to reproduce. If real world procreation methods apply, than so does biology.

S'just my 2 cents though.

Alenor from Sisters of Elune posted this on the WoW RP fourms... I found it when googling for the wowwiki ones. I thought it was worth a post while I kept looking for the actual wowwiki ones. :

3. HEIGHT AND WEIGHT

Now it's time to plan our Tauren Shaman's height and weight. With that, we'll use this handy chart, taken from book.

Race ------------------ Base Height -- Height Modifier ---- Base Weight --- Weight Modifier

Forsaken, female ----- 4'4" -------------- +2d10 ---------------- 80 lb. ------------- x (2d4) lb.

Forsaken, male ------- 4'9" --------------- +2d10 --------------- 110 lb. ------------- x (2d4) lb.

Gnome, female ------- 2'10" ------------- +2d4 ----------------- 35 lb. --------------- x 1 lb.

Gnome, male ---------- 3' ---------------- +2d4 ----------------- 40 lb. --------------- x 1 lb.

Blood Elf, female ----- 4'9" --------------- +2d6 ----------------- 90 lb. -------------- x (1d6) lb.

Blood Elf, male -------- 5'1" -------------- +2d6 ----------------- 100 lb. ------------- x (1d6) lb.

Human, female ------- 4'5" -------------- +2d10 --------------- 85 lb. -------------- x (2d4) lb.

Human, male --------- 4'10" ------------- +2d10 --------------- 120 lb. ------------- x (2d4) lb.

Dwarf, female --------- 3'7" --------------- +2d4 ---------------- 100 lb. ------------- x (2d6) lb.

Dwarf, male ------------ 3'9" --------------- +2d4 ---------------- 130 lb. ------------- x (2d6) lb.

Troll, female ------------ 5'9" -------------- +2d6 ---------------- 165 lb. ------------- x (2d6) lb.

Troll, male -------------- 6'1" -------------- +2d6 ----------------- 180 lb. ------------- x (2d6) lb.

Night Elf, female ------ 6'2" -------------- +2d6 ----------------- 170 lb. ------------- x (2d6) lb.

Night Elf, male --------- 6'6" -------------- +2d6 ---------------- 180 lb. ------------- x (2d6) lb.

Orc, female ------------- 6'0" -------------- +2d12 -------------- 180 lb. -------------- x (3d6) lb.

Orc, male ---------------- 6'6" ------------- +2d12 -------------- 220 lb. -------------- x (3d6) lb.

Tauren, female -------- 6'8" -------------- +2d12 ------------- 250 lb. -------------- x (2d8) lb.

Tauren, male ---------- 7'0" -------------- +2d12 -------------- 280 lb. ------------- x (2d8) lb.

This table is a little more tricky to read, but I'll walk you through it with our Tauren Shaman. Let's say our Tauren is male.

First, we must begin with his height. The base height is 7'0"(Probably if they straightened themselves up). So we take that and roll 2d12 and for each number, we add 1". Please note: You need to remember what you rolled as it will be used later. 7'0" + 2d12(10+4) = 8'2". Our Tauren is 8'2" tall! That's one big heffer.

Now it's time to roll for our Tauren's weight. Remember our roll? 14. That's our starting roll. Now we roll the weight modifier and multiply that by the height modifier, then add THAT final figure to our base weight. 14 x 2d8(7+2) = 126 +280 = 406 lb. Our Tauren is now determined to be 406 pounds! It's gonna be hard to stop a guy that size, no matter how many gnomes you punt at him!

Now if you're rolling with a Rogue, or Hunter, you may want to play with your rolls a bit to get your character lithe and lightweight, and for warriors and heavy fighters, you might want to make them a bit bulkier. Use judgement! If your warrior has minimum height and weight, he's gonna be a pushover, and all the other warriors are going to laugh at you for being a pansy.

I hope this proves useful for the many RPers out there on this, and other servers. Good luck, and have fun RPing out there!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Height

Hrmm. I imagened Blood Elves/High Elves to be a bit taller... Though I'm sure there is the exception. I also find it funny that it says the average hight for a high elf was 6 foot/over 6 foot yet that's at the top of the scale. Hrm. So I would say a good hight range woud be 5'-6' for girls and maybe 5'5"-6'5" for men? Meabeh?

Please feel free to keep posting and discussing. I want inputs. Yes.. inputs!!!

Remember with weight, if you are going to get crazy with it... everybody except for those sissy ass priests, warlocks, and mages should all be pretty beefy with the muscles. As a paladin, Rosalynd wouldn't be a frail little thing - she'd have some shoulders on her. Why? You carry around 75-250 pounds of metal and see how you look!

Not to mention the whole shield and sword thing. Go outside and find yourself a stick - or better yet, get a pipe or piece of tube that weighs 5-10 pounds. Then just swing it for an hour every day.

Like lore, picking a definitive anything for racial height/weight is just a pain in the ass. In game, blood elven women appear barely taller than human women. Assuming human women are based off of real human women, then the average height is...? Oh crap if I know. All I know is I'm usually the tallest girl in my shoe aisle and I'm just 5'6". So if, in game, blood elven women are just barely taller than the human female models, it seems reasonable that they'd have similar average heights to go off of, and you have that nifty table you posted to go by, and then...

In the back of the BC book (pgs 16 and 17), it shows the races lined up by height, however, and it looks like (assuming each line is 1 foot, and assuming the models are the average), average blood elf chicks are 6", average human women are 5'6"ish. This is initially what I went by and made Nym 6'3".

Giving up on exact numbers (as I was coming across a surprising amount of short men and diminutive women), my character description changed to as follows: Slightly taller than the average female, slightly shorter than the average male. Nymmie should be somewhat tall, but not domineeringly so (unless you happen to be a shorter race). Weight? "something appropriate for being so lissome" cause... yeah... what Abric said. What you do should determine your bulk.

Which leaves me cranky at Blizzard for making me, currently, lug around that overbearing monstrosity of a 2h axe. I'm a hunter and a blood elf, how the crap am I supposed to heave that thing around? It hits like a truck and often leaves me feeling "lolhunter melee!" when I hack some mage in two, but... seriously... it's like Chewbacca living on Endor.

Not at all a plug for more H-MrT runs so I can get my other breeching comet... nope...

Back on point. I say: Ambiguity for the win! No matter what you settle on, someone else will likely have picked a different source to go by, leaving poor little you switching your character's height and weight again to accomodate.

Remember with weight, if you are going to get crazy with it... everybody except for those sissy ass priests, warlocks, and mages should all be pretty beefy with the muscles. As a paladin, Rosalynd wouldn't be a frail little thing - she'd have some shoulders on her. Why? You carry around 75-250 pounds of metal and see how you look!

Not to mention the whole shield and sword thing. Go outside and find yourself a stick - or better yet, get a pipe or piece of tube that weighs 5-10 pounds. Then just swing it for an hour every day.

Oh I know. I do LARP. ^^

Rosa isn't exactly tiny... granted she's not huge either.... She's got some muscle definition she's just not bulky.

I can imagine the undead being pretty light in weight, and also slightly shorter than their original height when they were alive. Muscle wastage, decomposition and all, you can expect that they have shed a significant body mass, depending on how long it took for them to reanimate.

As for my opinion about dwarves, I think they have alot of body mass! I mean, those guys were crafted out of stone originally! They are big boned! They had alot of muscle! And I can imagine large lipid reservoirs seeing on how they are living in the high mountains!

Also, you have to take general muscle structure into account. While "beefy," a good amount of that is probably going to be lean muscle.

I would think that muscle does have as much to do with it as bone size.

Redthorn siblings (Kal'dorei)

Laron 6'3" 185lbs (Thief)

Azrid 7'6" 246lbs (Hunder)

Amadare 6'2" 115/156/420lbs (Druid)

Andellyn 6'4" 180lbs (half Elf) (Paladin)

To be quite frank, I've seen a few Tauren running around being like "seven feet two inches" in their descriptions and only being 250lbs or even lighter than that. o_o I frankly would be very worried for a Tauren that small. I put Feralmoon, who is 7'6" and built like a tank, at 450lbs. She's a hefty girl. <,< If she were around 250 she'd probably be dead.

There have been so many threads about this... It is almost disheartening when I see 8 ft. tall Night Elves. Sorry, 8 ft is Tauren.

Undead, despite the horrible predicament of being dead, weigh about as much as a fatless asian man(No intent on racism, it is just an observation). Pyrisath is about 110 lbs. of bone and skin, a bit of left over flesh here and there, the occasional muscle, his clothes, and his reagents and weapons.

Another paragraph, all on undead height! Depending on what race you were before dieing could affect height. For instance, an undead elf will be taller, even when stooped, than an undead human. I always twitched whenever I saw a supposed "Undead High Elf" that was 4' 8" when my dead human priest is 5' 4"! If you are undead-human, of course, you can try what I did for Pyri's height and stoop a little yourself, and see the increment for it. IRL, I'm about 6', stooping the way I imagined Pyri as, I was 5' 4". So that is what I entered.

It is almost disheartening when I see 8 ft. tall Night Elves. Sorry, 8 ft is Tauren.

You'll almost always see a slanting toward larger characters in male roleplayers. Considering the maximum average height according to the books is 7'6" for male night elves, I wouldn't let it bother you too much. :)

And Laron's a midget. True story.

You'll almost always see a slanting toward larger characters in male roleplayers. Considering the maximum average height according to the books is 7'6" for male night elves, I wouldn't let it bother you too much. :)

And Laron's a midget. True story.

Ah yes, I'd be perfectly fine with that. But it isn't males, sadly... It's all of the female Elves. Hence why I left Argent Dawn. Large Alliance population, but not too large on the quality side.

But it isn't males, sadly... It's all of the female Elves.

Am I the only one that laughed when I read this, even though I know what's trying to be stated?

Bumped, just cause it's not on the front page anymore. How's about a sticky?

That'd probably be pretty good.

On the topic of height, Kaeryian is around 5'11 - 6'1, I think that's pretty good height for a blood elf.