Thread: I can't find my screenshots folder!

Blog Entries

Default I can't find my screenshots folder!

It's not in the World of Warcraft directory where it usually is...

I have Vista.

Someone...help?

"You just got gay on their sandwiches and now they're pissed because their Wonder bread is pink" - Opal

Blog Entries

Default Re: I can't find my screenshots folder!

I have no idea about the file structure, but all WoW screenshot names are in the format of "WoWScrnShot_082008_144144.jpg" with the numbers being random. Do a full system search for "WoWScrnShot" and you should be able to find them.
    "Trouble be bein' 'verywhere. Ya can't be stoppin' it, o' controllin' it. Da best ya can be doin' be wavin' as it comes by, be givin' it ah good laugh, 'nd keepin' it entertained til it goes on its way." ~the Cackling Cleric

To emulate Rick Mohr is to emulate a great man. One could do far worse. In this way, I shall keep his memory alive. RIP Rick (12/25/2008)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabriel View Post
    It's not in the World of Warcraft directory where it usually is...

I have Vista.

Someone...help?
    Humm. I run Windows Vista Ultimate. In mine its C:\WoW\Screenshots

(although I use Fraps)

So, umm, I hope it didn't get accidently deleted?

I have vista too.. I go to Computer--> C: --> World of Warcraft --> Screenshots

Did you partition your hardrive? I had that problem when I ran XP and do my wow stuff was always jumbled up.

Blog Entries

I assumed that he was able to find his world of warcraft directory, or else he wouldn't be able to verify that the screenshots aren't there...
    "Trouble be bein' 'verywhere. Ya can't be stoppin' it, o' controllin' it. Da best ya can be doin' be wavin' as it comes by, be givin' it ah good laugh, 'nd keepin' it entertained til it goes on its way." ~the Cackling Cleric

To emulate Rick Mohr is to emulate a great man. One could do far worse. In this way, I shall keep his memory alive. RIP Rick (12/25/2008)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taknar View Post
    I assumed that he was able to find his world of warcraft directory, or else he wouldn't be able to verify that the screenshots aren't there...
    I think we're telling him that, in fact, the Screenshot folder in vista should be in his main WoW Directory.

Vista is wierd, because it puts patch files in a completely different folder then the main directory.

Blog Entries

IIRC, Vista stashes WoW in two different folders, both of which are labeled 'World of Warcraft.' Winderz iz dum ; b
    Cavanaugh: OMG I can't handle all these vaginas!
    In Soviet Firelands, enhancement shaman solos trash!

Blog Entries

Yeah, I moved my WoW files to the Program Files directory (rather than the Program Files x86 one that Vita writes new programs to automatically). I haven't messed with it since, but I know the screenshots are somewhere, because I accidentally passed by them when opening another photo in photoshop. I just didn't know where to return. I think Taknar's suggestion will work.

"You just got gay on their sandwiches and now they're pissed because their Wonder bread is pink" - Opal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Athin View Post
    Vista is wierd, because it puts patch files in a completely different folder then the main directory.
    If I recall correctly, that folder is labeled "Blizzard Entertainment" and not "World of Warcraft" anyways.

Regardless, I assume his lack of answer means he has found them or doesn't care anymore.

[e] You just had to reply before me, didn't you Cab? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by opalexian View Post
    IIRC, Vista stashes WoW in two different folders, both of which are labeled 'World of Warcraft.' Winderz iz dum ; b

yeah my XPS laptop put wow into 2 places.
    1) my documents had all my WTF and patch folders/files.
    2) my computer>C\rograms\worldofwarcraft has all the folders and files but also another "world of warcraft" folder in it. In that second folder it repeats all the files/folders in the previous folder but also has the correct screenshot folder
    3) so "my computer>C\rograms\worldofwarcraft\worldofwarcraft\screenshot s" should be the correct location unless you installed WotlK into a new folder as it asked u too (i told it to download into the wow folder instead of making 2 wow folders)

*F'ing smily faces...
    Defender of the Light, Freedom, and the Sin'dorei

It should be under something like Users- Owner- Games- World of Warcraft.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
    -H.L. Mencken

Admiral Fafnir Vayde
    Consortium Trader
    Northsea Smuggler
    Boss of Vile Reef Exports