Naheal

Naheal Malastar

"He's got quite a mind to him, can make a good set of arrows, too." Selash says with a grin. "He's also quite the dedicated soldier and fighter. The times we've spent fighting alongside each other in both the Cartel and the Cross has made him a valuable ally on the battlefield."

I fought him in Lakeshire this past night. Cavanaugh and I were heavily outnumbered, but if I recall I made myself plentifully clear to him. Numbers or not, I put him to the ground.

Yes... I know this one... skeptical I was when he met with the Highlord... and his joining the Raven Cross is not the path I had thought he would take, and so my skepticism may be correct... be warned, now that you fly this banner, I will be quick to bring my hammer to bear on you.

I hope that you prove worthy of it....

((Before the Final Crusade.))

Draco stood in his Grey Knight gear, Shattered Sun Offensive tabard, Emblem of the Order of Eversong on each clasp of the cape. A frown on his face when he heard the name mentioned.

"Naheal Malastar... Such mixed thoughts about the former memeber of the Order, someone I tried to mentor..." He sighed,"This man has brought me pride and shame. Turned from the the studies of Fel, to become a Paladin... something I helped aid him in... then he leaves the revolution to aid some lunitics screaming about marks on their hand and an eclipse. He aided in the protection of Sir Leoren, a major event the Order participated in... but is part of those... Aldor, rather than the Scryer. His own kind that are fighting the corrupted Prince. He was part of the Cartel at the same time."

Screaming about a incoming Dawnblade on a Dragonhawk. Draco looks over and turns to leave.

"When the time comes, when we go to cleanse this land of the Burning Legion... I do hope he isn't fickle enough to refuse to show his face in the Order's, and the Shattered Sun as a whole, moment of glory. When we finally destroy the taint that plagues us. When we go to war, I do hope decides to 'grace' us with his presence.

For... it won't be long before it happens, I am sure."

I don't know as much as I would like ta about this elf. I know him and my mate spent a lot of time together during the eclipse crisis. With this strange plague thats come up.. I wonder if its linked with those strange times before and if there will be more odd things to happen around this young man. I have seen him in the ranks of the Red Moon *the druidess paused and looked thoughtful and concerned*

...whatever happens and should my mate follow him, Earth Mother guide them.

Shandrysse smiles, holding her head up proudly, "I am glad to know him, he has been so kind to me, and helped me so much. It is an honour to serve beside him in the Order of Eversong"

"My previous teacher, and my main tie to the Order of Eversong." She absently tosses a knife in the air, always catching it by the hilt. She frowns as she thinks, with her brow furrowed. "There is no escaping the fact that his undeath disturbs me to a degree, and that just laying a hand on his shoulder feels unnaturally cold. Of those in my past, however, he has changed the least. Still dutiful, still loyal to his ideals. I'm thankful for that." With a wink and a crinkling of her freckled nose she adds, "His fiance must be an impressive sort of woman. Now unless you have something to mix with my thistle tea, I suggest you shoo." A dismissive wave of her hand.

"I think that he sincerely wants to be a good guy. An honorable guy. Hopefully this week in our ranks will show me exactly who he is, and will show him exactly who were are too."

Aphraelle hurries into to the luxuriously appointed waiting room at the Court of the Sun, beginning to speak rapidly in elegant Thalassian until she focuses on the small figure of the goblin reporter. Her eyes narrow in annoyance as she switches to fluent but rather heavily accented Orcish.

"-al'a da-... Oh. One of you. What do you want? You're interrupting me. ... Naheal Malastar? Yes, I know him. Or knew him, perhaps. Hard to say with the Lich King's lostlings, really. ... No, not very well. Barely more than an acquaintance. There was the matter of that warlock, but other than that - ... A case of mistaken identity, that's all, just someone who looked like him but wasn't. ... He was a perfect gentleman, and one of our finest Blood Knights by all accounts. ... No, that's really all I can say. I'm afraid I don't really have time for this. ... I said, that's all I have time for. ... Are you going to leave of your own accord or should I set you on fire and call for the guards to throw out what's left? ... I rather thought that might be your answer."

She makes a shooing motion towards the door, and the reporter hastily makes his departure. Aphraelle sighs, then hurries out of the waiting room and back the way she came.

I was saddened to hear that one so promising in his earnest desire to follow Lady Liadrin's example and become a true Paladin of the Light has been cut off forever from its holy embrace. Yet in the end, it is the purpose to which we dedicate our actions that matters most. I trust that even in this new existence, he shall continue to apply the teachings of the Light to his every action. For though it may no longer empower his actions, it can still guide his steps.

In this regard, it is heartening that an elf of such honor as I believe Naheal to be has at last left the cause of a band as bloodthirsty as the Raven Cross. Though Naheal himself was one I knew to be working towards a just cause, it was still my duty to engage whatever clansman of his I encountered in honorable combat, as I did on that day before the gates of Wintergrasp when last we met. Unfortunately, the other Horde within the fortress did not have the same taste for single combat as I, and so I was driven off by several of them who were loathe to face me alone ere I could speak much with Naheal on that day.

Would that I could have given him more counsel ere he was forced upon the dark path of a Death Knight. Yet even so, he has proven his sound judgement in alligning himself with this new Order of Eversong, which whom the Fabled Order now has a peace treaty--just as we have with Sanctuary--for a united front against the Scourge. I look forward to battling alongside him and his newfound allies against the tides of darkness.

"Oh, Naheal?"

Xara's face breaks into a grin. She speaks with warmth and humor.

"I've known him a long time. Well – we didn't always keep in touch. He was with the Cartel, then the Raven Cross, basically a lotta folks I knew but wasn't running with myself. I didn't hear from him fer a long time after Northrend, but I just figured that was 'cause I wasn't around... guess it wasn't just me, though!

I'm glad he turned up again. He always had a good head on his shoulders, and more importantly, a good heart. Ya know it when ya see it."

"He is very dear. A good friend, and even better ally. He trusted me to help him in a certain matter, and I should hope that we can will continue to work with one another in the future."

When asked about Naheal, Juli looks carefully at the inquirer before responding.

"I trust Naheal. And I respect him. Even if we're not on the same paths, they align."

"Malastar. He is a crafty fel-sucker, I will grant him that." Morinth grins darkly, looking at the picture of the death-knight-turned-paladin. "A thorn in my side, but nothing more. I will butcher his so-called 'family' and then feed their souls to Jaster."

Sinlanna, clad in a high-collar shirt and trousers slightly damaged with chemical stains, looks to the interviewer with arched brow while a young elf who appears to be no more than seven peeks from behind Sin's leg. The girl is wide-eyed and curious, with raven hair spilling down her shoulders in a long thick curtain. Bangs nearly obscure her brow. "Why are they asking about dad?" the little girl asks, flickering her eyes up towards Sin. "Is he in trouble?" Sin rests a hand on the top of the girls' head, but doesn't break eye-contact with the interviewer. "He's a leader to this band of misfits, and commands a loyalty that would have us follow him to the Nether and back. I stand by him as a Blade." When it appears that the interviewer might ask about the child, Sin merely picks the girl up and walks away.

Cerryan sighs at the mention of an old friend. "Naheal...it constantly vexes me how someone I know to be full of good, of promise and potential and a desire for a better world, can make such terrible decisions. In days long past, I defended him to Lord Visca constantly, as my former leader rarely had good words to say about the paladin who left the Order. Now I wonder if I was wrong to do so, if Draco's judgement of his character was more accurate than I was willing to believe..."

The paladin's countenance saddens, but then firms. "I do not....I cannot condone his actions. He has many sins to carry, much to atone for if he even feels it right for himself to. But his salvation is not in my hands, nor is his judgement, and there are too many damned enemies these days for me to count him as another. Even so, I find it much harder to look at him of late..."

"I don't know what to think about Naheal. Some days he seems to understand me and be reasonable. Other days he beats me up and steals my swords."