Qabian

Qabian Grimfire

For all the blood elves I know, this one is probably the least flaming. Which is interesting, considering his proccupation with fire.

Still, flaming or not, he plays at words and games, and worse - word games. But for all his twisted logic, he doesn't seem to possess that ubiquitous mastery of grand strategy in battles or schemes, which makes me wonder -- if he's plainly not a villain, whose lackey is he?

...and somehow, I already know the answer.

. . .

Qabian?

I think I met him once. When I was with my cousin. He was a nice enough sort I suppose.

Didn't talk a whole lot, but he did help us out.

Not much else to say.

I've considered joining my cousin's guild someday, so perhaps I'll learn more about him then . . .

Assuming they'd have me . . .

Assuming I don't pledge my loyalty elsewhere first . . .

Rohan looks over the picture. "Oh yes... I remember him..." He grins, "Another honorless elf. Yes, I've met him... In fact, I tried to offer him a truce. He and his bloodthirsty kin attacked me without a second thought." Rohan clicks his tongue. "Such a barbarian..."

"He can get his portals right while intoxicated, at least."

"Other than that, he seems a bastion of good advice."

"... Or at the very least, -necessary- advice."

Lady Tiraline Athamans frowned. "We heard his name shouted over the din last night, when the Grim made another failed attempt on King Magni's life.

"I won't say that he didn't do a sterling job of getting his people out when the time came to retreat. In fact, that's all I can really say; I didn't happen to cross swords--daggers--whatever the Nether with him.

"And perhaps that's a good thing."

"Damned mage.

We had a feud going once. Something over an alliance rogue girl he decided to torturously kill, and I decided to bring back to life to haunt him. It almost started a war between Sanctuary and The Grim, much to my chagrin. Things didn't turn out as expected though. I think I actually made things worse for the girl. Teach me to try to help strangers...

Though those days feel like ancient history now. It was fun back then. I had a lot more free time I remember to frollick and write terrible poetry. Ah the good old days.

I wonder what that mage is up to now? Probably nothing good."

*considering the question of the Goblin reporter, the Paladin maintains his composure but his eyes narrow a bit*

"You know, for years I had fought against the Grim, even this particular elf...", he took a deep breath, shaking his head a bit, "and I had always considered them misguided, short sighted, perhaps foolish... many things, and knew their goals were the eradication of the Alliance. I understood that... and have bled many times to help prevent them from achieving this goal, their mandate."

Looking down at the ground for a moment, gritting his teeth, "I always had a modicum of respect for them however as a worthy fighting force... even perhaps with members who had some honor fighting alongside the deranged, because in their eyes perhaps the ends justified the means, no longer. The actions that took place at the Stormwind Orphanage by this blight on the landscape has drained all possible respect that any could possess for this organization and its members. Killing an innocent matron who looked after children, and had it not been for the grace of the Light, the children themselves... there is nothing more that needs to be said. Light have mercy on him."

Dismisses the Goblin with a wave of his hand and heads toward the entrance to Stormwind Keep.

• Like 1

Siané look pensive as she is asked about the Grim High Inquisitor. She presses two fingers together as she tries to find the words to explain.

"He's a Grim, so, you know, everyone knows what that means... He's capable of deep cruelty..."

She pauses.

"And he acts pompous, like a noble sin'dorei, and I can tell he looks down at me for being mixed race..."

She looks down for a moment, then back up at the inquirer as she lowers her hands.

"But I don't think it's that simple. I don't think he's that simple. He seems like somebody who tells themselves a story about who they are and what they're doing. People like that, when the story doesn't match up with the world around them, can end up doing surprising things that even they don't expect."

"Yeah, I know who he is. Haven't, like, talked to him myself. He mostly just stands in the corner watching everyone and quips here and there, which in itself isn't bad and is generally clever and respectable, but... he's a mage." She raises an eyebrow, a look on her face says that should explain it, but she doesn't elaborate.

"Qabian is weird.  I still can't figure him out.  But he is Grim.  When he came back to us during an Inquisition meeting, I gave him a hard time, naturally.  He gave some vague reason for leaving, and another for coming back.  I asked Kiannis, the High Inquisitor at the time, if I could cut off one of Qabian's ears as punishment, or as proof of his renewed commitment, or whatever.  I wasn't being serious, because there was no way Kiannis would allow it.  Before he could respond, though, Qabian consented and knelt down so I could reach him better. 

"I made that snack last for days, thinking about it.  What other elf would willingly let me take their ear?  Tesonii did once, in payment for me delivering her letter of intent to the Inquisitors, but it was only a little bit of flesh, and besides, I paid her back like a million times over when I saved her from the Alliance.  But Qabian wasn't Tes.  He seemed more uppity, like most elves.  For him to get down on his knee and let me disfigure him, in front of all those other Grims....  I mean, elves are so pretty and so vain!  Well, he must have really wanted to come back, and I guess he understood he wouldn't be taken seriously if he didn't pay a price of some kind.  He was willing to pay it.

"He earned back my respect that day.  Nobody can question his dedication to The Grim after that."