Sign in to follow this  
Mortica

August 9 2017 Upgrade

Mortica    5

Update:

I can't get Illiden to show up, and default text is back to an off blue from the original theme, but otherwise everything should be roughly back to normal.

The new theme options seem a bit more intuitive and exposed (as in, I don't have to search through 5,000 lines of CSS code in 15 different files to figure out why this or that is blue), so I will be looking into that this weekend and get things back to the same  or better than they were.  Currently what you see is a mixed-up mutt of the old theme and the new forum software theme-ing setup.

Also, it looks like IPS now has a built in Group option called "clubs" that might be similar to the "collaboration" thing that never really took off the way I hoped.  I'll play around with it and see if it will make things easier for people to do collaborations without being buried in several layers of clicks and non-intuitive setup process.

Finally, if you liked the clean white default theme, you can now choose it as your personal theme (bottom center of the page, "theme" dropdown, "4.2").

Mortica    5

Update:

I've enabled the clubs feature.  You can see the features and some example screenshots here.  These can be created by anyone right now.  Some potential things people might use them for is maybe a class specific group where you can post useful information (spec guides, PVE or PVP builds, etc).  Lore guides/discussions?  Spoiler discussions?  Guild chat areas?  RP story line discussions?  Up to you.

I will be removing the collaboration area as soon as I can make sure that the posts and stories that were posted there aren't deleted.

Discord widget is prettier, and the join link is easier to see (I haven't tested it to see if it works though, let me know if it's spitting out an expired link).

Removed the old World of Warcraft RSS feed, which hasn't worked for almost a year now.  Replaced it with Warcraft Twitter feed.  I might implement the WoWhead news feed also, but I need to make sure it doesn't bog THIS site down if WoWHead is having problems (this used to be a problem back when we let people easily direct link to items on WoWhead).