*This page has been torn out

Edited by Cavanaugh

Edited by Cavanaugh
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Edited by Cavanaugh

I was mistaken... and while I truly do wish redemption for my former brothers in arms, the reaction and wave that it received was not only unintentional, but unwelcome and really did not get at the heart of what I was trying to accomplish.

It was necessary to disband the Crimson Legion... I wanted to create an organization that truly followed the tenants of the Light, and that sent a message to its enemies and struck fear within those who supported the chaos that its enemies bring.

In doing so, it spun out of control... and I regret some of the direction that we took. My goal was to lead a symbol that the Legion corrupted down its throat, while following the TRUE tenants of the Light and dealing with the treacherous Banshee Queen... In doing so I may have gotten so caught up with our cause, that I forgot some of the teachings that are instrumental in following the Light.

Although I do not regret the execution of Lady Trysteza, her part in the assault on Light's Hope, and the end goal of the Ebon Blade needed a reprisal... however, it was shortsighted of me to lump all of the former servants of the Lich King into the same mold expel them all from the Legion. It is necessary to allow for redemption of those that truly seek it... no matter their current state. It would seem that this for a time, was lost on me.

Justice is important, but we must also strive to make sure the justice we seek is not based on retribution or emotion, that it is based on righteousness and balance.

When I look back and consider my actions, I understand them, but I am ashamed of the fact that I lost hope... that I thought only a radical adherence to the Light would save us. The King had fallen, the Highlord... how many times must I see such things? I have now seen the fall of two great Kings... more great Paladins then I can count... and to think that by creating a divide I could stop it, the naiveté is stunning.

Hope, however, can be rekindled, and I believe the boy that would be King has now the heart to lead us. His recent show of faith and leadership is the most encouraging thing that I have seen since the most invasion of the Burning Legion, and I will follow his banner and leadership with the same fervor that I did his father. I will do ALL that I can to ensure no other king of the Alliance falls, this I promise and I will dedicate myself to it with the entirety of my being.

I once ran an organization, for a time... that was dedicated to protecting the Alliance. It was ages ago, or so it seems... I must reinstate that commission... that order is needed now more than ever. The High King will have the protection of a Praetorian once again, and Light willing, we will ensure that no harm comes to another leader of the Alliance. There must be NO MORE Terenes Menethil II's or Varian Wrynn's, no more deaths of our great leaders.

There is something however that I must first deal with... there was apparently a rumor that while I was in Stormwind, I had fallen by the hand of a Blood Knight. These rumors are obviously exaggerated, and apparently the belongings that I left in Light's Hope when I renounced that Order were pillaged and shown as proof of my demise and some tall tales in regards to my defeat were told amongst the most deplorable within the Horde, I shall deal with this personal matter only briefly, I must not let it cloud my duty, but it also must be dealt with.

Tiandron Bloodstrider... justice shall be met.

Before I undertake such a task I must also repent and make amends with the Highlord of the Silver Hand. While I will be dedicated to the protection of the King, I need to make that right... I do not need to be reinstated within that Order, but I would certainly seek a common ground so that we can work together.

Finally, the Horde... this is my most intriguing dilemma. Certainly we will do what we can to protect the King, but though my travels and battles I have found many of the Horde to be quite honorable... not all are as vile as the Forsaken and their kin... and while it baffles me that the Banshee Queen can lead, desperate times... I doubt she will sit long on the throne... as long as she does however, we will continue to approach with caution and resolve. Their are certainly some old foes that are beyond redemption, but a frivolous or reckless stance against the entire Horde for the actions of small radical organizations is foolish, and while it drove me to the edge of madness before, I must never allow myself such a rush to judgment.

May I always remember that any experience, good or bad, is always worth it, so long as you learn something from it.

I have to atone for some of my actions, but I will not let that deter me from my duty to the Light and to the Alliance.  

1 person likes this

Light give me strength.

A great servant of the Alliance was laid to rest today. Light lead her home. One of the Matrons of the Stormwind Orphanage was slain by a foe that I know all to well, and I presided over a service for her.

Such a senseless killing... but The Grim are notable for that, their total disregard for the lives of innocents. They are at the very least, consistent.

I cannot personally fathom the reason for taking the life of someone who has dedicated their live to helping the less fortunate. A kind soul who cares for the children who have already lost so much. 

There must be retribution for this atrocity... this mage cannot escape justice this time, not for this.

2 people like this

Assisting in the purification of Sigryn was a great honor and I do believe the Light will triumph over all this evil. It was also necessary for me to show that my personal mission against the Mage would not take precedent over my duty to the Alliance and to Azeroth.

It was a challenge, and quite taxing, but worthwhile to purify a being who has been possessed by the fel, and turn her back to the Light, however, it shows that there is hope... perhaps this lesson was one that I needed now more than ever.

I must look at myself, some introspection here is certainly required... perhaps I was too harsh with Trysteza... perhaps there was hope for her, for any who have fallen from grace, to be returned to it.

Perhaps even the Blood Elf can be purified of corruption... the Light wills it, we shall see.

For now I must take some time to recover my strength, and return to Stormwind to assist in the formation of the group we have begun... some paperwork and personnel decisions will be a welcome reprieve... for a moment.

The charter was finally received from his Majesty's council, the Praetorian will begin looking for new members with haste. This king needs a worthy guard, after what had happened to his father, and the dangerous now facing the Alliance, we must do all that we can to assure our people that the King is safe.

I must say my faith in the Alliance, after the death of his father, King Varian Wrynn, Highlord Fordragon, and the subsequent weaknesses exhibited by the Silver Hand after the assault on Light's Hope by the Ebon Blade, in concurrence with the Legion invasion, had shaken my faith to its core. I used to express only absolute faith in the Light to cope with what was happening around me... and exude confidence to those who followed my lead, and in the end it took me to a place I never wanted to go.

That doesn't mean that I do not believe in the Light, or have any less drive to achieve its goals, but I think I had so much self doubt after all that had happened that I forced myself outwardly to act a certain way... so that nobody else could see the doubts that I was in fact facing.

I am not sure I even make sense now... but I just know I need to return to the teachings of the Light. It's true teachings, that which I was fortunate enough to learn from some of the greatest Knight's of the Silver Hand.

When I was younger, I lost my family as many who are from Lordearon did, and was beset by conflict. A mere squire in the Silver Hand, necessity forced my martial training to accelerate, and I was fortunate enough to end up under the command of the Grand Crusader, before the events of Stratholme that saw his unfortunate demise... the fervor the original Scarlet Crusade fought for is what I remember, and I remember it through a prism that I am certain is lost upon many and that many do not understand. They know only what it became, the bastardized version of it that the Legion created. But before that, it was my only symbol of hope... my only true crutch, it kept me upright in so many ways. Oh certainly the Light was there, but I was young and the teachings of wiser men then me, now dead, seemed of little consequence... the Light was always there, but the Crusade was -MY- hope at the time.

That is what I truly was unable to convey when I sought to revive the banner. A long forgotten hope, that during desperate times, gave me the personal strength to carry on.

When I combined that with the faith that came later in life... after seeing the Naaru in Shattrath, the perseverance of Highlord Fordring against the Lich King... I tried to meld them into what I thought the Crusade could become, and I thought that I could overcome its perception, that righteousness could win the day. However, as I got more and more desperate, as the times grew more and more perilous, the evil that I sought to combat, and the image I sought to repair... overcame me. This was my weakness and my failure.

The Light and its true teachings are what I need to lean on, and not some glorious image of what was, or what could be. I need to follow MY path and Light willing, I shall work to correct the errors I have made.

1 person likes this