Sign in to follow this  
Khorvis

RP Storyline Groups

Khorvis    80

I've been trying to use the RP Storyline Groups collaboration section to manage the Penumbra story and I'm not sure if I did the right thing. It's mostly a publicity and ease of use thing. Do the posts there show up at all on the newsfeed? I'm worried that any content I post there is just going under the radar (not ignored).

Inverse of the question: is it a better idea to get a committed group of writers together before attempting a Storyline Group collaboration? And if so, how do I salvage?

Honest question, not attention-seeking. I want to use the tools that Mortica gave us.

Xaraphyne    69

They show up in the activity feed if you have permission to see them. Not everyone uses the feed, though. 

I haven't been making as much use of the groups as I thought I would since Discord asploded. It's often easier to go where people already are than to make them go someplace. But a group can at the very least be a good place to collect material and direct people to it as a reference.

Maikull    26

Yea, if your talking about the "Topics" bar on the side of the webpage that shows the most recent topics made/replied too, then no, your stories are not showing up there, least I haven't seen them. I didn't realize you updated Dark Star Rising on here until I physically when in and looked at them, and I check multiple times a day.

Edit: Just figured out what the "Activity" button does...and yes I do see it there, but I've never looked there before, always just used the Recent Topics section to see the most up to date changes/additions to the site. but yea, making a note on Discord after each update might work to get views.

Edited by Maikull
Addition

Kerala    59

This has been more or less reported in the Marked/Unmarked thread.

The icon for Storylines seem to be different, so they do not light up when a new thread is posted- you only see the green-highighted unread icons when you click through TO that subforum. Otherwise the only way to tell is that the date next to the section "RP Storyline Groups" of the forum index will say "Penumbra, 9 hours ago" and have your little avatar dot, instead of whatever was there before.

I can no longer see the threads you posted in Topics the sidebar so I can't determine if they WERE there... but your updates do indeed show up in the Activity feed when I clicked to check, so I assume they were briefly there until 5 other things bumped them off.

Unless you have made the settings public, your updates will show like that only to those you have granted access to.

Edited by Kerala

Khorvis    80

Ah well, thanks for all the info. I'm going to continue using the RP Collaboration tools for the Penumbra story, since there's already so much there. It might not gain that much publicity, but I'm fine with that.

For future roleplay, I may avoid using it unless it is some huge thing that would clog Nether Legends.

Kerala    59

My suggestion for now would be a single thread in the upper forums that you could use to keep folks updated and direct them to your storyline section. That way the icon lights up and the topic would appear unread to draw the attention, while the actual substance can be tucked neatly out of the way in the storyline section. :)

Edited by Kerala