Sign in to follow this  
Viirchi

Grand New Year Story Contest 2017

Viirchi    26

Grand New Year Story Contest

With the new year let’s see if we can kick off a new contest too.

This new contest has a submission window of two months: why two months? Because we have some nice looking prizes courtesy of  Maikull and we want a chance for everyone to participate!

Due to low voter turnout we’re also going to try something new and select three to five judges at random, this has the added benefit of pulling opinions from outside the community, ensures a set number of votes, plus guarantees  fairness that one group is going to outvote another. If you want to volunteer to be a judge please message me or Maikull and we’ll make sure you are added to the draw.

Rules

-Your story must be self-contained and be at least one paragraph long. This means your entry must be condensed into a single post. If you have more than one post your first one will be the only accepted entry.

-No thread Necromancy-the story you submit must be new.

- You must have a character on Twisting Nether or Ravenholdt to participate - Neither you nor the character needs to be active.

-Story must be WoW related and connect to the theme.

Prizes

Courtesy of Maikul we have some juicy prizes up for grabs:

-The winner of the contest will receive 30 days free game time or 1 WoW token worth or free in-game gold.

-2nd Place will receive 1000 gold per each multiplied by the number of contest participants.

Theme: Artifact Weapon

Please include Artifact Contest in the title of your story for your submission to be considered and include a link to your entry below.

Submission Deadline is February 28, winners will be chosen after the first week in March. Good Luck!

Edited by Viirchi
Intro said three months, Submission length is actually 2 months
  • Like 5

Shokkra    17

*rocks back and forth on the floor in the corner*

My axes. I need my axes. I will write about my axes. 

NO ODYN, I TOO, AM WORTHY

Tahzani    37

So it's about how the people have used the artifact appearances and crafted their own lore about them or the significance behind a character's chosen weapon?

Viirchi    26
9 hours ago, Tahzani said:

So it's about how the people have used the artifact appearances and crafted their own lore about them or the significance behind a character's chosen weapon?

Both really. Generally at this point your character's artifact weapon, at least OOCly is their chosen weapon so both interpretations are wide open. Think of the topic as a lead off for your inspiration and at that point it's really however you feel like interpreting it. :)

As a second note in interest of keeping the thread clear for submission I'd like to request that any additional questions be sent via pm.

Viirchi    26

Edited the rules for clarification on self-contained requirement. Self contained means entry must be contained in a single post.

Viirchi    26

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

It's time to announce the winners of the story contest.

As a little insight there were three judges with at least one judge Horde side and one Alliance side, stories were judged on

-Grammar

-Adherence to the main topic

-The Overall Favorite

Each judge compiled their own list of favorites and then brought together for discussion until everyone was happy with the top choices. As a Bonus I'm adding additional prize for 3rd place. Winners Please contact me before April 20th to claim your winnings or risk forfeiture of your prize.

So, Winners:

Third Place Goes to....

Kexti For Red Tea! Congrats Kexti, that is 1,000 gold reward for you! Please msg me privately ant let me know which char to drop your winnings off within one month.

Second Place and Winner of $6,000 gold goes to.......

Catalinetta for And My Axe!    Congrats to you! please msg me where you want your prize money sent within one month.

Without Further Adieu...Winner of the Grand New Year Story Contest and 1 month free game time or the equivalent gold  is........

Qabian!! for Design Flaw!!!! Congrats to you! Please contact me before April 20th and tell me how you want your winnings.

Congrats to everyone and thank you for your participation!!!

• Like 1