Sign in to follow this  
Aethere

Aethere's Journal

Aethere    2

I woke up.  It was dark.  Where was I?  It was a familiar scene but an unfamiliar feeling.  I was in Azeroth, but I was alive.  I was supposed to be dead.  Everything in my body the night before told me I was dead.  By some divine grace I had survived.  Hardly remembering what happened I tried to piece it together.  Least I could tell I incurred an enormous amount of fel energy damage.  That does crazy things to an Elf.  Regardless of what happened, I had survived.  It was time to gather myself and make my way back to Dalaran.  I ported and suddenly, I was home.  What the heck?  This was not the Dalaran I remembered.  Demons, a new tower, a new Simply Enchanting, no more Sisters Sorcerous?  Oh my God.  Saelene said Hagatha didn't make it, I was shocked.  Nevertheless I was just happy to be alive.  Good thing was, I wasn't going to be poor.  Business at Simply Enchanting was booming, pun intended.  We now see more patrons in a day than we would see in a week before.  Demons are good for business.  The goblin presence has greatly increased in Dalaran too.  Funny thing is I actually like goblins, so another welcome change.  For all these changes I was surprisingly happy about it all.  Shouldn't I be mad that Dalaran is covered in demons and fel now?  Shouldn't I be mad that Hagatha is missing or worse?  What's wrong with me?  I'm not really sure what all that fel did to me, but I'm like this now, there's no going back.  At least I was thinking clearly and still magically potent.  Saelene created a staff for me and it's... beyond words.  It has an invisible aura about it that seems to cover the whole of Dalaran.  So now I need a plan.  Do I retaliate?  Do I turtle up in Simply Enchanting and hope no more fel hurts me?  Should I even stay in Dalaran?  How do I even retaliate at something I don't know of.  It's all pointless.  I'll just keep selling goods at Simply Enchanting and defend the city from demons.  What more can I do?  But one thing is good.  Khadgar, another major change being leader now, has mentioned plans to rid Azeroth of demons once and for all.  I think he's talking crazy, but he's got a lot of mages agreeing with him.  Whatever.  I'm just going to keep on living, thanks.  If someone steps in the way of this staff, they're going to feel the hurt or much worse.

Edited by Aethere

Aethere    2

Alright.  I'm settled in.  Good news is, the demon threat in Dalaran, although dangerous, is relatively under control.  People get a little crazier than usual, with the extra fel around, but it's nothing we can't handle.  I've taken a "back seat" approach to the new Dalaran.  Before I tried to be more than I was.  This time, it's simple.  Saelene and I run Simply Enchanting, I wander the streets, meet and greet customers and the adventurers around the city, and generally stay out of trouble.  After a fel nightmare like that, you learn to adapt.  My latest hobby with Saelene now is making magical items.  Selling off-hand rare items that aren't a part of our regular business.  It adds a little flare to the store, for our more dedicated customers.  Plus, if they're locals, it helps fight against the demon threat in Dalaran.  It's win-win.  Doesn't pay well though.  Usually we take a loss on the magical items, but it's worth it cause Saelene and I enjoy it.  And it promotes the store by word of mouth, which is good for business.  I hope to record some of our successful items in this journal soon.  Until then, it's surviving the streets as best I know how.  Defending them along with the other mages in the city.

Edited by Aethere

Aethere    2

The first item.. Wow, so long ago.  Before Dalaran was Dalaran.  Young lovers, with nothing better to do with our magic, Saelene and I decided since we were happy with our items we'd find a friend of mine to make something for.  He was younger than me, but a good friend.  A little lost, a little clumsy, and a lot noble.  Our magical items only seem to work with nobles, so he met the requirement.  Little did we know at that time though, we were just having fun.  He was different than me, but somehow we were friends anyways.  We had a common ground.  We were lost.  How old was I?  Well I'm 33 now, so I must have been... 10?  Who knows.  Either way, we were young and reckless.  The perfect combination for a powerful magical item.  His item was a coin.  Simple enough.  Find or make a rudimentary coin, and imbue the living fel out of it.  I mean, we were ten, that's what you do, you put your all into something that really doesn't deserve your energy or time.  So why not, right?  How did we determine he needed a coin?  Well he was poor.  Like, scrape the plate clean poor.  So something that resembled money seemed like a good idea.  "We've got to make a coin, that'd be way more jazz."  We used stupid terms like "jazz" cause again, we were ten.  "*Make* a coin?  You really are loopy.  Sure why not.  I know a good blacksmith." Saelene had connections, even in her young age.  Not two weeks later Saelene came running back to me, coin in hand.  "It's.... ugly?  What's that marking on it?"  Saelene seemed to agree.  "The blacksmith said it will bring luck.  Who knows, he said all I needed to give him as payment was a silver worth of wheat, so I didn't care."  "Okay great.  Now what?"  "Now we stay up all night and work our usual magic."  I laughed.  It seemed as though our magical potency would triple, or more, in the late hours.  Who knew why.  It was a pretty typical night.  Cool summer breeze, a few clouds, the usual Loch Modan dew.  We lived there, a foolish family agreed to keep me there while I was in boarding school.  Saelene somehow found a way to follow me.  "Cmon, let's go out into the forest!"  "Really?  You know I hate the forest at night!"  "I know.  That's why!  Fear is powerful magic."  I reluctantly agreed.  Saelene had a way of convincing me to do literally anything.  I trusted her.  We got out into the forest at the edge of the lake.  Saelene lit a camp fire, she was exceptional at lighting fires.  There was drumming off in the distance, almost sounded Tauren, but it had to be Dwarven, this being Loch Modan and all.  We woke up ten hours later.  "Where's the coin!"  "I thought you had it!?"  Typical.  We had ended up enjoying the campfire so much we forgot all about the coin.  "I'll find it."  I was exceptional at finding things.  Anything.  "Follow your nose Aether.  Or whatever the fel it is that leads you to things."  I laughed.  Two minutes later I was swimming in the lake and searching the bottom.  "Here it is!"  I had found it.  Floating of all things.  "Uhhh can silver float?"  "Who said the coin was silver?  I thought it was brass?"  "Does it matter?  Oh well I've got it, let's get it to him."  We ran away from the still smoking fire and off to our friend's house.  His bouncer of a mom stopped us at the door.  "Aethere Galatia... May I help you?"  "Uhmmm Ma'am, miss.  Madam.  May I please see Palto?"   She huffed as though she knew anyways.  "Fine.  He's out in the back yard playing.  As per usual."  She grumbled as though the years of looking after the clumsy kid she'd finally given up.  I flipped the coin up in the air, it landed square into little Plato's right pocket.  "Woah.. how'd it do that?"  I questioned Saelene.  "It's magic!"  "Oh yeah...  anyways, have fun with it Palto!"  Palto just smiled and went back to playing in the back yard.  "He doesn't care at all."  I unhappily said to Saelene.  "Who cares, we're happy!  Making stuff is fun!"  I laughed and we went home...

That was our child hood.  Saelene and I forgot the coin ever existed a few years later.  It was just another fun item in our ever growing repertoire of fun items.  "Palto?  Is that you?"  He looked vaguely familiar.  But he was buff.  Like, three hot Night Elves following him around buff.  "Hey Aethere.  Wassup?"  He had a nice set of armor, obviously custom made, and more jewelery than I knew someone could actually wear.  "Oh.. me?  I dunno.  Just hanging around."  "That's cool.  I've got to get going buddy.  But nice seeing you.  Oh!  Can you give this to Malfurion for me cuz?  I know you're trustworthy with things."  He handed over that coin!  I was shocked.  "I owe him payment for something, he saw the coin and figured it would do."  I just took the coin and he was off.  "That was weird..."  I commented to Saelene.  "Yeah?  Malfurion?  How the hell are we going to get a coin to Malfurion?"  "You have connections, just give it to a nice looking Night Elf and I'm sure he'll get it."  Saelene seemed to understand me.  It wasn't long after that we had heard from some Night Elves that Palto had somehow ended up being a personal servant for Malfurion himself.  Palto eventually wished for freedom and all Malfurion requested as payment for his freedom was something that he valued greatly.  Turns out the coin was that.

Edited by Aethere

Aethere    2

Saelene and I are Kirin Tor.  We're proud and dedicated to the Kirin Tor.  How did we get to be Kirin Tor, and why do we stay Kirin Tor?  What sacrifices do we make to be members and what benefits do we get?  I think I lot of people wonder these questions.  Mostly because to outsiders it seems rather ridiculous that anyone would actually want to be a part of our unusually clique group.  Unfortunately for the story readers out there, my story of initiation into the Kirin Tor is rather dull.  It simply involved a series of insanely difficult trials.  But here's the fun part.  While the Kirin Tor were putting me through my trials, I literally had no idea that I was even "applying" for the Kirin Tor.  They had noticed me, selected me for my trials, and started influencing me and my life with an unusually high amount of their magics.  If you've ever been under the influence of Kirin Tor magic you would understand that this is not something someone would willingly undergo.  And so retrospectively I know why they did it in secret.  Slowly my life and everything around me began to deteriorate.  I had to rely more and more on self preservation and simply avoiding death and insanity.  When something in the physical world wasn't attacking me, something in the ethereal plane was, and when not that my own mind would drive myself into depths of mental chasms no one should ever visit.  I was selected at a young age.  Maybe 10?  Hard to say...  Their scouts are always watching youngsters and as they slowly go through more independent trials they are slowly made more difficult and the individual is paid more attention to by the Kirin Tor.  So it's a gradual and lengthly process.  Some of their deadlier magics turn *anything* that is around you against you.  Be that your most beloved spouse or family members or as simple as a cricket out in the forest.  There is no bounds to the hatred their magics can bestow upon you.  And the beings against you are doing so by their own volition.  They simply think they should attack you and have no idea they are under the influence of magic.  And nor do you understand that.  You simply think everyone is out to kill you, you have no idea why, and you're literally running for you life.  Slowly the pressure mounts.  You begin more and more wishing to give in to the evil around you and join their side.  The evil ones around you plead and beg at your feet for you to join them with promises of a wondrously enjoyable life, which you realize is true.  So fighting this evil is extremely challenging.  The only reason you keep on your impossible path is because you truly believe it right in your heart and desire that living a good life of upstanding morals is what you wish for the world.  Some of the simpler trials involves trying to hold a normal conversation with someone who is magically far inferior to you.  Can you not belittle them?  Can you treat them kindly and with respect? Or do you simply walk away thinking "I'm too good for this shrewd!  Be gone pest!"  The temptation of such a thought is great.  Although this is a "simple" trial, it is a true test of character.  There are also studies that you must undergo.  You must dedicate yourself to a few different subjects of study and learn them very well.  You must show that you can stay dedicated to those subjects.  You must also show that you are willing and able to study any subject if prompted to do so.  The Kirin Tor have "ways" of monitoring all of your progress along the way.  Hence the great Eye of the Kirin Tor.  The Kirin Tor are ever watching, every studying, ever trialling you, ever disciplining and ever rewarding you.  If you are Kirin Tor they are with you always.  How they do this, only some of the Kirin Tor know and it is a safely guarded secret.  But we all know it's real and it's there.  As you progress your dietary restrictions increase.  They slowly cater your diet to you and your discipline of study.  The food usually tastes good, but when it's the same food day in day out, it doesn't taste as wondrous as it did that first week.  Nevertheless, as far as "rations" go, thankfully they are pretty good.  That's another thing, as you study they see what you are good at and what discipline you will be assigned to.  It's something you choose but you must be accepted into as well.  So if you aren't accepted you must choose something else.  Your discipline determines the types and length of trials you undergo and how you do in the trials determines the rank which you achieve in them.

Okay.  So.  You've made it!  You're now Kirin Tor!  Awesome.  Time to relax and sip fine alcohol in the Violet Tower for the rest of your days!  While this is actually true, you now have responsibilities.  Like taking part in battles against some of the most fearsome evil that Azeroth contains.  Be it ferocious Warlocks who care nothing of life and take great pleasure in the suffering of their foes before they tear their soul to shreds piece by piece, or the beautiful women that might approach you seeking to gain some of your energy that the Kirin Tor bestow upon you.  What's wrong with that?  Well for starters you're probably already in a loving relationship, but if you arent then you will be with one of those women and then you're right back at the same problem.  You're now tempted to cheat with every lovely looking woman who is kind and caring and just wants to enjoy your energy with you.  In my mind, that is still a demon, even though so innocent and true.  And when all that isn't enough, you must still undergo trials regularly for two reasons.  One is to ensure you are "still worthy" and two is to keep you in shape so to speak, as a kind of exercise.

So the trials are insane.  There's no doubt.  Fortunately they are only as insane as you choose.  You can opt out at any time and you can stop your progression at any time should you wish to relax a little.  And there's no limit to how long you want to stay in the Kirin Tor and possibly look for a promotion later, or even a change of your discipline of study.  So it's not all bad.

I am an arcane mage, Saelene is also an arcane mage.  So we both underwent similar trials and even studied a lot with one another.  However, our "sub disciplines" which in general is just something you like to call your unique field of study, are different.   Sub disciplines are the recognition of the fact that no two people are alike and everyone learns something different from the same books.  I my sub discipline is "demon hunter" making me an "arcane mage demon hunter".  This does not make me a demon hunter, it is simply a way of describing some for the types of magics I use which happen to be similar to those of the demon hunters.  Saelene's sub discipline is "warlock" making her an "arcane mage warlock".  She understands the darker side of magics such as necromancy and haunting.  We are both extremely proud of what we know and our specializations.  Together, being husband and wife, coworkers at Simply Enchanting, and a part of the same Kirin Tor team, we are a deadly force.

So why would we be so crazy as to stay in a group like this?  Well it kind of takes being a Kirin Tor to understand it, but when you have the power of the mages of Dalaran on your side it feels pretty damn good.  You feel ready to take on any foe and you are always filled and spilling over with mana not to mention confidence.  It's a truly empowering group and we're also like family.  We treat all of our members with respect and dignity and share a camaraderie that is Universal among us.  When no one else is there for you, every single mage in Dalaran is.  That's a big family!  It's a family to be proud of and be happy with.  Life is good with the Kirin Tor.  Not to mention that, as far as I know, every single one of us is rich.  It comes with the territory.  When you have access to tons of mana at some point that gets converted into gold.  And let's be honest, being a magic user is fun!  So the mages here are always having a good time casting their many spells upon Azeroth.

So what sacrifices do we make?  Well, in general, you live a solitary life.  Although every single mage is friendly to one another we still have to be busy with our studies and our quests.  There's always work to do and it's usually fairly solitary work.  So if you like social gatherings we are not the group for you.  Sure we get our off hours to enjoy one another, but those hours are very few.  The next sacrifice we make is being generally disregarded by every other group.  I don't think I've met another group who looked upon my tabard with much fondness.  Usually there is some respect paid to our affiliation but rarely fondness.  So you have to have a thick skin.  Insults are typical.  Finally, like I said, we are almost always "working".  There's always a huge amount of work to do as a mage of Dalaran so we keep all of us here busy.  Now with the Legion pressing down on us that is more true than ever.

So why join us?  Why suffer such travesty!?  It's worth it, I assure you.  If you were made for our ranks, you will know it and you will be drawn to our power.  Likewise, if you really weren't made for a group like us you'll be very turned off by us.  Unfortunately most people are in the latter situation, but we're okay with that.  The city of Dalaran is a small one after all.

So that's my Kirin Tor story.  It's how I got here and it's why I stay here.  I'm proud of my tabard and I work hard because I love what I do.  Life is good as a Kirin Tor.

Edited by Aethere

Aethere    2
I've kind of lost track of all the magical items we've handed out over the years, Saelene and I.  At least the powerful ones, that is.  The ones we've been selling at our various shops are far too many to bother counting.  And I say "handed out" because for the most part the only actual payments we require is the individual's time and patience.  Of course a lot of "clients" give us very generous donations, but they are just that, donations.  One of the more interesting items we've made was for Nalthanis, our head enchanter at Simply Enchanting.  This magic item was a little more recent, maybe in the last 5 years or so.  But its potency is extreme.  We knew that if we wanted an exceptional enchanter working full-time at our store it was going to require a lot of aspects all finely honed into something special.  Nalthanis is highly interesting.  He is smart, kind, charismatic, hard working, and above all, highly dedicated to whatever he sets his mind to.  It's amazing to watch him put such extreme dedication into what he does yet not so much that it loses its essence.  He's also interesting because for a magical goods store, he's surprisingly... unmagical?  Completely the wrong term but he's very interesting, it's hard to describe him.  It's almost as if he simply gravitated towards our shop not on his own accord.  He simply walked in one day and had no choice but to work here.  So not a few days after walking in, he was hired, full time.  We saw something in his character that was undeniable.  He knew very little of any kind of magical training, but we could see the potential.  And those are the best kind of employees, the ones with massive potential and little training.  That means you get to personally train them and they can enjoy long term employment with you.  You grow them just as much as they grow you.  It's a wonderful thing to be a part of.  Magic, as it were.  And so it was that now we had a new, full-time, high paid employee with no training.  "What have we done?"  We thought.  Being pragmatic was never our strong point.  But it was that lack of pragmatism that got us far in life so we never wanted to be.  "I'll handle him.  I know his type.  Send him to war and he'll find his own army."  Saelene liked it when I spoke militarily.  She admired my innate ability to dominate on the battlefield even with little actual know how or many men.  I decided the best way to train him was to let the customers train him.  You see, our customers were highly magical in nature and loved to chat to with us.  And I knew that after so many years of only talking to us they'd be delighted to chat up a little magic of their own with our new found family member.  "Sir, what can I get you?"  I had just walked in first thing in the morning.  He had arrived before both Saelene and I and was already cleaning up what was to us a basically already very clean shop.  "Get me?"  He looked so eager I didn't want to disappoint the middle aged man.  "Oh, a piece of paper please.  I need to record some ideas."  "Of course sir, here you go."  He quickly handed me some of our high quality note paper and I proceeded to write ideas on how I was going to train this extremely eager individual.  Fortunately, I did have some good ideas.  He looked like he already needed something important to enchant and I decided I was going to have to entrust him with a special item.  My idea was that he could begin work on it now and learn while working on it for the next few years.  Enchanting was no easy thing so I new it would be a few years before he could do it properly.  "Saelene.  I need a long term project for him to learn with.  Any suggestions?"  "But of course!  I've been waiting to start this."  She passed me a simple rock.  A piece of moonstone.  I looked her in the eyes and smiled.  Only Saelene and I would understand the magical potential of such a rock.  "Hrmmm.  Curious.  You're thinking he transmutes a moonstone into amethyst?"  Saelene smiled.  She loved it when she didn't have to explain things to me.  "Mhmm."  "Seems a wondrous idea!  That's easily one of the toughest enchantments to perform however.  Maybe a bit out of the scope I was looking for."  "Oh no, it's perfect for him.  We'll give him such a difficult task that he'll be forced to train hard.  I want to see him be challenged.  He has that look in his eye that he's never had much difficulty with any challenge before.  Give him something difficult and he'll really shine.  He'll never want to leave the shop!"  It makes a lot of sense.  Saelene was always right.  That was how our relationship worked.  She was right, I worked magic.  It worked well for us.  "We're going to have to help him.  Someone can't do that on your own."  "I know, but he's here everyday, so it'll be easy for us to help him."  The plan seemed reasonable.  "Sounds good then."  A few months went by and Nalthanis begin to grow tired.  He has realized we had finally tasked him with something difficult.  But he thrived, tired as he was.  He began to work longer hours but maintained his cool.  "How's the amethyst coming?  He looks worn down."  Saelene walked me to the back of the store where he had been hiding it.  "Oh my god!"  He had created the most stunning amethyst I had ever seen.  And he hadn't stopped there.  It was enormous.  I had never seen anything like it in my life.  "Isn't it wondrous?"  We both looked at one another, knowing we had found our lead enchanter.  "It's perfect."  Saelene nodded and smiled.  "Without a doubt."  Upon further inspection we had realized what our talented young enchanter had done.  "My word... I knew I had felt something odd the last month or so..." "Yes dear?"  "He's linked it to me!"  The amethyst and I were connected magically.  I could feel it's energy and it mine.  Furthermore he had linked it to himself too.  The energy seemed to circle around myself, the amethyst, Nalthanis, and even the rest of the store and Saelene.  "I can feel it too."  It was truly magical.  "Well there's no turning back now.  He's our lead enchanter!"  And it was obvious to anyone who knew much about magic.  When they walked into the store the amethyst was glaring and it's essence was truly ours.  And looking at the tired Nalthanis we could see he had gave it his all, as was his usual method.  "Nalthanis.  How are you?"  "I feel, strange sir."  I nodded.  I understood his dilemma.  "The amethyst Nalthanis.  It's amazing.  I've never seen anything like it!  You need to meditate on this.  You need to recharge.  I want you to reorganize the shop, clean it up a bit.  Something easy and monotonous for you to do, to allow you to magically recharge.  I will look after you."  "Thank you sir."  "Family Nalthanis?  Do you have a family?"  He looked me in the eye.  "Of course sir."  "Very good then.  Spend some time with them.  Take whatever vacation time you need."  "Thank you sir.  I will."  He listened to me without fault.  In our short months of getting to know one another he had trusted me like a father already.  Yet I was only a few years older than him.  "He's strong Saelene.  I'm not worried about him."  "Nor am I.  I'll help him.  Okay?"  "Of course."

A few more months drew on and Nalthanis was regaining his strength.  The amethyst he had so perfectly made was working.  We were closely linked together and functioning like a charm.  The store hummed.  You could hear it as you walked in.  We were proud of him.  A year or two went by and he had grown into a better enchanter than I could ever hope to be.  Our idea had worked.  And he was an employee for life now.
Edited by Aethere

Aethere    2

Finding out the goods your shop sells can be used for evil purposes is not something you take easily.  Furthermore, finding out you aren't some prissy Elf and you are more akin to a feared drug lord, is also not something to take easily.  I had been living a lie.  I want nothing but to see The Light spread throughout the world and to hopefully bring hope and peace to those who need it most.  Which, thankfully, Simply Enchanting is doing quite well.  Unfortunately we are also enabling some of the demons in Dalaran, even if it is only slightly.  Although I am unusually innocent, so others tell me, upon finishing my staff I gained a strange amount of power.  I now had the power to send a rush of Light and Violet energy into a misbehaving being to the point where I could even eradicate it.  That is not prissy, by any definition.  I only use this power for benevolent purposes and self defence, but nevertheless I do have this power now.  It scares me.  I try and be quiet, to not say much, to stay away from others and stay out of trouble for the fear that I may have to eradicate them in self defence and I'd rather avoid that.  And so now I fear myself and others.  It's a very unusual thing.  I do not fear for my own safety, I fear for theirs.

Today someone approached me.  They requested i join the cause on the battlefield.  I'm assuming they mean to fight for the good in the world, but I am unsure of what their intentions are.  But they may be right.  I have this power now.  Do I waste it selling magical goods in our shop?  Perhaps I'd be doing the selfish thing by simply staying in the shop, wasting this staff.  Now the staff does have immense power which I am using to create our magic essence, but perhaps I could do more good with it on the battlefield?  Though in truth I'm not sure what would offer Azeroth more benefit.  Is the battlefield not a place of aggression and death?  These do not suit my personality.  But I must give this some serious consideration, and I will.

Saelene says I get to choose what I want to do.  But what I do has never been up to me.  It's up to the Titans and what they wish for me.  Why make my own choices when the Titans have far superior foresight than I do?  And so I will commune with my Titan at once.

Edited by Aethere

Aethere    2
On 1/2/2017 at 3:23 PM, Revekkae said:

Oh, you mean like the world soul in azeroth or something? Because (spoiler Alert) the pantheon is dead as a doornail.

(( You chose *that* as your first post to TNG?  Wow...

Edited by Aethere

Aethere    2

I haven't written in my journal for some time now.  It has been urging at me all the while, but in Azeroth there is always business to attend to and writing in my journal doesn't always top my list.  Nevertheless, I've made it back to this wondrous outlet of my life, past and present, to see what else I can elaborate on.  When did I become a scribe?  I've lost track now.  I had a few brief moments of the joyous thing that is writing when I was younger.  I remember it being what I know it is today, wonderful.  So why did I ever stop writing?  Why leave my outlet only to attend to life's other, seemingly more important matters.  Well I'm hoping this will change now.  I hope to make writing something I need to do rather than something I *want* to do.  There in lies the key.  My life is one of necessity.  It really is as the Goblins say, time is money friend.  And if you want to make the most out of this life you have to make the most out of the time you have.  And that means that *all* wants are not catered to.  The only thing that really deserves your time is what you, or those around you, *need*.  And that has been my priority in life always.  How can I make the most benefit to myself and others?  What do I need to do to make that a reality?  It has never been easy.  I walk the tough path.  By choice, oddly enough.  There has been countless times I could have opted for an easier life, a more relaxed life.  So why bother?  Why go through so much trouble just to do what I need rather than what I want?  Well I think it should be clear after reading that.  If you spend too much time doing what you want, you end up not having the things in life that you need.  Naturally, needs can be a subjective thing too, so not everyone needs to spend every moment attending to their needs.  And that's why I'm never catering to my wants.  Because I have chosen to make the biggest difference in the world around me.  To do that you have to give endlessly.  There is so much help and support that is needed by so many others that there really isn't enough time in anyone's day to handle it all.  And I can't go around knocking on everyone's door preaching speeches they will never understand or feeding the needy small rations to let them live one more day.  Ultimately that feeds a single or a few people a little bit of what they need.  To really make a difference you have to be making a difference in multiple lives with only a little output from yourself.  You have to be making a difference in the lives of those people who have power to make a difference in many lives.  The managers, the teachers, the parents, the leaders.  People like that.  Because if you can reach as many important leaders as possible you can make the biggest difference.  So how can I possibly reach so many leaders?  How can I make the big difference in Azeroth that I have always sought, endlessly.  Well it has dawned on me now.  One of the ways I can do this is writing.  If I can write worthwhile stories to a few of Azeroth's important leaders I can make a decent amount of difference in Azeroth.  Leaders are busy people.  They have little time for much other than those they serve, but I've found they are fairly studies individuals, in general, and one common thing among them is reading news.  So why not get in touch with a newspaper and make my way into writing?  Well, that's exactly what I've set out to do.  It makes so much sense.  But I'm so far from a professional writer it's rather sad.  So here I am, learning to write, in my very own journal.  My very own outlet.  And I'll write stories too.  Interesting, moral, educational, fun, wise, stories.  Cause maybe  that's the best way I can make a difference.  At least, in my spare time that is.  I already have a full-time job managing Simply Enchanting.  We sell magical essence to the magical Elite in Dalaran.  These are important people, many of them leaders!  And Dalaran has a lot of influence over Azeroth.  A *lot* of influence.  So selling magical essence to the leaders that they can then use to serve their people, and affect many lives, is actually pretty important!  Can you believe it?  Hey maybe this Aethere guy isn't so stupid afterall!

Aethere    2

I mixed some golden Enchanted Dust into my sweet tasting drink.  I watched it encircle the drink, magically imbuing it with all the energy I had poured into the dust itself earlier that day.  I took four or five quick sips and the drink was gone.  I lit a candle.  I don't remember the last time I lit a candle.  But the last few days I had lit one every night.  I was writing again.  It inspired me.  The candle glowed smoothly through the amethyst crystal I placed it in, thereby further imbuing my surroundings.  What was the meaning of all this?  Why am I going through such a ritual?  This is the first night in recent memory that I can just sit here by the candlelight and relax.  These are my moments.  The late night, myself and Saelene, watching over a scroll or two.  Talia might brush up against me just to say she loves me, knowing I love her back.  And so I will relax in this late hour and muse about what's to come.  How do I pass on some of my magical knowledge to future generations in writing?  Is it even possible?  Should I even bother?  It seems to make sense to me.  But I know that certain things about magic must be learned by experience.  A book simply cannot teach everything about magic.  But, a book is a wonderful starting place for any student.  It inspires them with a wondrous ideas about what magic may or may not be like.  In my mind a well written lore book or magical scroll is like a recipe.  You read it, but that's only the beginning.  You must know how to *make* the recipe.  You must learn how to make the recipe.  Simply saying "Add two dashes of salt and boil" is so vague.  Where do you get your salt, and if you cant just buy salt, where can you go acquire it?  What is a dash?  When is too much of a dash too much, or too little for that matter?  How do I light a fire to cook this recipe?  Am I allowed to leave to go to the washroom for a minute or could this whole recipe explode if I leave it unattended?  "Add two dashes of salt and boil" simply does not tell the whole story.  Nor can words ever tell the whole story.  Saelene and I have a saying, "There is power in the unseen."  Magic is not seen, it is experienced.  Words are seen, magic is not.  Of course you can see the arcane blast hurtling outwards from a mages hand, but what is not seen is how the mage ever came to know how to do such a thing.  It is that deep understanding that evades words.  A student must be taught how to experience the creation of an arcane blast.  So how could I ever attempt to teach such a thing simply from a book or scroll?  I can provide that starting point.  That recipe that says "Add two dashes of salt and.... ZAP!"  It's the fact that the student now knows that somehow, there is a way to make a "ZAP!" with two dashes of salt.  They aren't really sure how, given the recipe, but at least they know that it *is* possible.  The unseen will have to be learned by the student, or if they are lucky enough, taught to them by a teacher, but it is not known by simply reading the book.  So perhaps, I can pass on some of my knowledge.  Maybe not easily, but some very few lucky readers will hopefully understand what I have written some years after I write it.  I think there's enough chance of that happening that writing would be worth while.  May the candle continue to burn for many more nights...

Edited by Aethere

Aethere    2

"Are you there Aeton?  Can you hear me?"  I was summoning my Titan companion.  "Yes, Aethere.  Is everything okay?"  I called my Titan Aeton, it sounded like my name and was perhaps some kind of narcissistic attempt to identify with him.  He didn't seem to mind.  I have never physically seen my Titan.  One day I heard his voice in my mind and have communicated with him ever since.  His guidance has not once lead me astray.  "Aeton, I am worried.  I have been called to battle.  But I know nothing of battle.  At all really.  How could I ever undertake such an endeavor?  Does it make sense for me?"  I was pleading to Aeton, I really didn't know what to do.  "Hrmmm.  Yes this is puzzling indeed.  For someone to call you to battle they must be desperate.  It is obvious to anyone that you are frail and unfit for battle.  I am wondering their motives.  Do you know of any?"  My Titan always seemed to make sense to me.  That was one of the reasons I trusted him.  "I hadn't considered that.  My only thought is that the call to battle is an excuse to offer help to their group in other ways.  I think they understand that I have great magical potential to offer."  Aeton reasoned for a moment. "Indeed this does seem to be the case."  "So what am I to do then?  I can't go to battle.  But I want to help them anyways... It seems the right thing to do."  Aeton agreed.  "Yes.  Continue to learn more about this group.  It does seem to be that you can help them... in what way I am unsure."  I thanked Aeton for his help.  "Thank you Aeton.  You are helpful as always."

Talking to a Titan is not something you come to easily accept.  At first I drove myself mad.  The only answer was that I had gone insane.  I had heard stories of people going insane listening to voices in their head.  None of them were positive stories.  I also knew that demons, or worse, Old Gods, could do the same thing.  Talk to beings telepathically and make them do insane things.  So I was playing with danger, big time.  It took many baby steps of slowly trusting Aeton more and more until I realized that he was right, always. I cannot encourage others to show such faith in a Titan.  Because during this "training" with Aeton I was also subject to many demons noticing what I was doing and attempting to corrupt me and lead me astray.  It took a long time and much turmoil to reach this point with my Titan.  Nevertheless I had made it and I had Aeton to call my own now.  I had earned his trust, and he had earned mine.  In time Aeton began to show me another Titan whom I named Capella.  I see many of the same qualities in Capella as I see in my wife, Saelene.  They are not one in the same, but nevertheless they have similar personalities, which is a wonderful thing indeed.  Saelene tells me Capella does sound like her but Saelene does not "speak" to her at all, or any Titan for that matter.  She says I'm the only one truly crazy enough to attempt such a thing.  She doesn't even try because she understands the true dangers of doing such a thing.  I am very thankful for the gift of Titan communication which I believe the Titans themselves have granted me.  Apparently, after discussing this with a Dalaran lore master, the ones I speak to are not Titans at all but some other kind of vast benevolent being.  I understood him but I had called Aeton and Capella Titans since I met them so I had no reason to change that terminology.

Regardless who, or what, Aeton and Capella really are, the fact remains that their advice has always proved highly beneficial to me.  If I am ever unsure about something I simply ask and they always provide sound advice.  I have found many a thing simply by talking to them.  Sometimes they urge me to run off to some strange location I would never bother to go, especially when they ask me to go, only to find an important person talk to me once I was there, in what seemed by happenstance to the both of us.  The examples are countless and I will not go into them here, but the point is I've scientifically tested their advice many times and I am now satisfied that they are real and they are helping me in ways that no physical being could.  They must be some vast spirit with knowledge far beyond my understanding.

Edited by Aethere

Aethere    2

(( I have decided to no longer use Ildine, the NPC in Simply Enchanting, as a character.  My wife has created a character in game to replace her, Saelene.  I have renamed Ildine in the posts above to clarify that.  ))

• Like 1

Saelene    2

"You're going to make me write in this thing?  It's YOUR journal, why should I write in it??"  I was frustrated at Aethere, my husband.  Through all we had been through oddly this seemed to make more of a stir among us than the other things in our lives.  "Hun, I love that journal.  For you to share a part in it would be amazing to me.  If you aren't going to be out adventuring with me at least you can talk about myself and my adventures from your point of view.  It would be very special to me.  And if you could at least meet a FEW of my friends, that may be nice too.  I don't care if you just stand there and look pretty, at least you were there."  Aethere and I, for all our time we spend together, we were rarely in public together, if ever.  We lived in our shop, we worked in our shop, and Aethere was my hunter... or gatherer, we weren't really sure which.  Cause he would go off adventuring bringing back that magical essence we sold at the shop.  Anyways, I had finally given in to his stubbornness.  "Alright.  For you love.  But you know we don't like being seen in public together!  It's hard for us to talk about couple stuff.  It annoys us, for whatever the reason.  We're very quiet and reserved.  Couples want to... *makes a grimace* interact."  Aethere laughed.  "Haha, of course love.  That's what couples like to do.  Just because we like to stay in our shop all day doesn't mean we shouldn't at least make a quick appearance."  I agreed.  I loved him enough, that even through all my stubbornness on the matter I decided this battle was his to be won.  "Okay.  I will write in your journal and I will go to a FEW select meetings with your friends.  Don't expect us to be all couple-like though!  That's just not us."  "Thank you love.  I owe you."  "Love... You owe me nothing but your love in return."  "And that's why I love you"  He smiled.  He had a great smile, rather hard to deny that baby white tiger face.  And so it was.  I was to go along with him to meet some of his friends.  But I know Aethere well enough to know what was really going on.  Aethere hated us in public and I enjoyed us in public.  He was doing ME a favor, and furthermore he was getting pressure from his friends to finally see us together.  It would make me happy to show myself to his friends and in turn that would make Aethere happy.  Aethere would ALWAYS do as I asked, because like he always says to me "You're always right."  Haha, he is a good husband.

• Like 1

Saelene    2

I felt alive again.  It had been so long since I had done anything other than run the shop with Aethere.  It was completely invigorating.  I could see life with a new light now.  I'm not saying I'm going to be leaving the shop all the time, but at least we are going to make an effort now to do a few things outside of our work.

Aethere and I are very reserved.  I protect him from the world and he stays close to me.  It's what works best for us.  But we had become so reserved over time that we hadn't even left the shop in what felt like months.  It was becoming unhealthy.  Aethere still feels odd being together with me, or even letting me out on my own.  We aren't exactly normal, for better or worse.  But we respect one another and neither of us wanted to show our faces.  We had become accustomed to living our own lives.  But it seems now that will change and it will be good for us to come outside of our shells a little bit.  I'm not expecting anything major, but at least it's something.

Aethere    2

"Prissy? Of course you are!  Pssh.  Just because you have a deadly staff and can survive a massive attack of fel energy doesn't mean you aren't prissy!"  Saelene was right.  Yet again I had misinterpreted myself.  Oh well, I'm used to it.  On the bright side I'm glad I'm prissy.  It suits me much better.  Being a deadly killer drug lord isn't really my thing.  Nevertheless, thankfully I *can* survive a ton of fel energy and I *can* kill and defend myself if need be.  And what's more is I am still Kirin Tor, which means if need be I can beckon many mages to my aid, Saelene included.  So this realization is much more positive for me and much more realistic.  I hate pretending to be someone I'm not.

So what does this really mean for me then?  It means I can stay safe in Simply Enchanting all day and not feel bad about it.  The Kirin Tor, and even Khadgar himself has told me "You're responsible for gathering magical essence into Dalaran.  I do not need any offensive or even defensive support from you Aethere.  To have you run Simply Enchanting is what you're best at and it's what helps us the most.  We don't need you to be political and we don't need you to help us fight this war.  You're very valuable as you are and we will see to it that you are well protected."  It was a major relief for me.  The Kirin Tor trials had confused me.  They had put me into so many battles and trials that I thought that was my purpose now.  Turns out they were just a way of ensuring I was deserving and able to handle being a Kirin Tor.  "You can protect and defend yourself now Aethere.  That was the purpose of your trials.  Let us hope you never need to."  Khadgar is a great leader.  I trust him and I will continue to follow him.

I was slowly piecing together what had happened to me.  The fel attacks were severe and I barely remembered it.  It seems a demon, or worse, had gotten a hold of me.  It was, in some ways, controlling me and somehow convincing me that I was leader of the Kirin Tor.  Khadgar tells me that the Kirin Tor were also playing on that and had given me some of those powers in an attempt to save my life and it also proved as a final trial into my Archmage recognition.  Thankfully, the Kirin Tor did save my life and the demon who was controlling me is now dead or in seclusion and I am an Archmage.  So a lot of good came out of it but it was horribly difficult on me and I am lucky to have survived at all.  I owe the Kirin Tor with my life and I will not forget what they did for me.  Now I am to do my part of ridding Azeroth of these awful demons once and for all.

Aethere    2

They stuck again.  Demons... in our shop.  Saelene was ready for them, hearing word of the impending attack she prepared the mages to defend us.  It was late, the store was very quiet.  Suddenly three demon embodied people marched in.  It was obvious right from the start why they were here.  They wanted me dead.  They could care less about Saelene, she wasn't gathering essence to serve Dalaran's most powerful.  No, they wanted me.  I can't remember if words were even exchanged before the barrage hit me.  All three firing in rapid succession.  One held me down using a freeze spell while the other two blasted me with fire damage.  To say it was painful would be a massive understatement.  But Saelene, the lovely wife that she is, immediately healed me and summoned the mages which were not far by.  After healing me Saelene fired her first shot back, using Grimoire of Supremacy to summon an Infernal.  The one holding me down got shook up but the fire damage was still hitting me hard.  I'm useless when taking damage so all I could do was yell to Saelene how they were hitting me and hope she retaliated fast enough.  Thankfully, she did.  I yelled "I'm not being held down any longer!".  She quickly focused all her power on the two assailants and just then three Kirin Tor showed up and poured on the damage.  Saelene then hit the one holding me down with a knock back spell and the person ran off.  I was free of my shackles and able to run clear of the fire.  But I was still taking residual fire damage and it hurt like hell.  There was no escaping the pain, fire burns and that's simple physics.  I screamed in agony but Saelene didn't have time to heal me she needed the two assailants dead.  We aren't sure whether their souls escaped but the bodies of the two attackers were arcane blasted to oblivion and their hearts came to a stop in what seemed like simultaneously for the both of them.  Saelene put out my flames and i fell to the ground suffering in pain.  Shortly there after we all rested in the Violet Citadel and regained our strength while explaining the matter to the Council.  They knew who attacked us, why, and what we were going to do about it.  I knew the fire burned me badly, but I will recover from that.  What will happen to the ones who organized this attack, I'd rather not guess.

Aethere    2

I lit a candle...  It was the time of night to write a journal entry.  For all the same reasons I mentioned earlier.  It's so I may learn to write, so that I may hopefully make something of this writing thing and improve the lives of some of Azeroth's great leaders.  I had recovered from the burns.  It didn't take long, although the burns were very painful fortunately they didn't last long and no major damage was done.  Why did the demons attack, and why on that night?  I think often groups will make a statement to draw attention to themselves.  To try and create advertising.  There's big business in advertising and simply having your name heard among Dalaran can prove valuable.  And the demons had said a few things to me before they attacked.  I will not utter their words here.  Their attempt had failed.  They attacked me, without any real reason, other than to have their group known.  So that I would bring their groups name to the Council and make them a known enemy.  But I did not do so.  I simply said I was attacked and that whomever organized this needed to be dealt with.  In hushed corners, Khadgar and the Council protected me, saught out those who saught to destory me, and we dealt with the problem.  We do not entertain attackers, we destroy them.  And that is what will happen to them, for better or worse.  It is sad that a few unlucky individuals simply trying to earn a quick buck are going to suffer and possibly die.  But they knew the stakes.  They knew what they were signing up for.  They understood the risks.  And so, I'm guessing, they knew the consequences too.  Sad but true.

Aethere    2

"More... I need to learn more... and fast!"  I proclaimed to Saelene.  "I'm behind on my reading.  Far behind.  It's becoming a problem."  "I know Aethere, patience.  You must use your patience, as you always have."  I seemed to relax a little.  "There's been a lot going on with you lately, you're picking up too much baggage.  It's time to cull a little bit and regain your clarity."  She was right, as always.  "Thank you Saelene.  You always have a way of gently calming me."  "Of course love.  That is part of my responsibility with you."  She talked as though I was an important responsibility not to be taken lightly.  I suppose there was some truth to that.  Simply Enchanting was held in high esteem in Dalaran and I kept things humming along nicely.  It wasn't easy work, contrary to the look of it.  "What now then?  I've got so much to learn!  I ventured outside the walls again, only just a little.  But I learned so much in such a short time.  I feel there is so much for me to learn, and that I need to learn."  "There is love... But in time.  This is new territory for you."  I nodded.  She was right.  I was eager to learn a years worth of study in a week.  It's just not possible.  I tried to breathe deeply.  "You're right."  "I know.  So use that patience you've earned.  That should help."  I nodded.  It's moments like those that I remember why Saelene and I were together.  It was odd... somehow she was my rock and I was hers.  She needed that someone to guide, to coach, to protect.  It was what kept her  sane.  Well I provided no shortage of sanity to her.  She knew much more than I did about the Kirin Tor, about Dalaran, and about the outside world.  I'm a specialist.  I can harness the power of the arcane to produce some of the best magical essence in all of Dalaran, but I can hardly hold a conversation with our customers.  Handling the flow of arcane energy throughout Dalaran takes a lot of focus... a lot of patience.  Settling energies is like... watching a pot boil.  It's tiresome, annoying, sometimes even painful. And it takes time.  Yet, you need to eat, you need to cook, but you have to wait for the pot to boil.  There is no work that can be done until that happens.  And so it is for me, that is the work I do.  However, I really enjoyed that work because I am so good at it.  Most people would find it insufferable.  But now I have a taste of something new.  More of the arcane arts.  And I wanted to learn it now.  I was going to have to spend the next year pouring over books, scrolls, talking to the other Archmages, and even venturing outside Dalaran a little more.  It is a very exciting time for me.  I had mastered my art, perfected it even.  But there are other arts out there to learn and I am finally ready to learn them.  Every Archmage didn't know all the arts.  That is impossible and foolish.  Having us specialize is where we get our strength.  I am a specialist of magical essence.  The flow of the arcane energies.  I sense it, I feel it, and I can work with it.  I can even hear it.  My mind is attuned to it, while others have skills and know how that I could never achieve.  That is the nature of things, we are all different.  I do not try to be them, nor they me.  However, I was finding a new art that I could do well at.  But the question is, will I have time for it??  I hope so, because I am very eager to learn it.  Regardless of whether I will spend more time practicing a new art or not is irrelevant, my guidance is urging me to learn this new form of the arcane and so I shall.  A wise practicer of magic never turns down a chance to learn something new.

Aethere    2

Time.  I have so much of it.  Blood Elves live a long time, as far as I know.  That means I have plenty of years left for me to make my positive difference in these lands.  However, as I may have many years left, each day is but 24 hours.  And that doesn't change.  I have a shop to look after, adventures to partake, chores, and now writing, not to mention meditation and essence gathering and creation.  Then I meet a few friends while off adventuring and suddenly time seems miniscule.  I make commitments, lots.  And I suddenly realize that I'm leaving myself no time left in the day for anything else.  Which of course is fine, however I must be wise with my time.  When there are only 24 each hour must be spent wisely.  Yes, spent.  Time is a currency to be bought, traded, and used like any other currency.  It is a steady flow, reliable, dependable, and very very valuable.  Yet it is rare.  Squandered over.  Fought over.  Battled over.  And some die trying to find it.  It would seem I need to get organized now.  My chores take an enourmous amount of time unfortunately just so that I can afford to keep the shop running.  It saddens me to no end, but I must accept the fact that chores are necessary, regardless of what importance Dalaran places upon me.  If Dalaran isn't willing to pay someone to do my chores then I have to do them myself and that means less time for Dalaran and the shop.  Sad fact of the matter.  I must be off now...

*Aethere neatly places the writer's quill and glowing violet magical notebook aside.  The notebook hovers slightly above its resting place and the writer's quill vanishes into thin air, as though it can only be used by Aethere himself.*

Aethere    2

The books were exhilarating.  In a short while I had poured over several magical notebooks, lore books, and several stories, legends even, that the fine library of the Hall of the Guardian held.  Finding a book in there was like choosing a piece of candy in a candy shop, it didn't really matter what you chose it was going to be good.  But you must choose!  And that's where the difficulty begins.  You have to narrow down your search to something relevant to you and your life at the time.  I try and find books or stories that I can relate to what's going on with me recently.  The magical notebooks were highly interesting.  I thought I knew a lot about the arcane arts but that was wildly untrue.  There is so much to the arts that I don't think anyone could learn it in a lifetime, even an Elf.  So the candy shop problem rose its head yet again.  I must choose what parts of the arcane I want to learn.  I needed something to complement my knowledge of magical essence.  In the "corner" of a magical notebook I stumbled across something interesting.  It said some masters of magical essence could bring life into their essences.  They could create an essence into a more permanent shape and then awaken it.  It would become alive, sentient, be able to move and even be able to speak both telepathically and out loud.  I reasoned that with my ability to understand my Titans, life forms which I could not see, I could realize the same life into a magical essence ball.  I started looking for more info on the subject, for the small sub heading in that book was but a paragraph mentioning it and didn't explain any of the details.  I hadn't a clue what the term even was for such a thing.  But the idea was especially intriguing to me, it made a lot of sense to me.  Then another question rose into my head... what if I could sell these magical lifeforms?  Would people buy them?  Would it even be a good idea?  The idea was exciting.  I had something new to learn!  Whenever I got the chance I loved learning, and it seemed the next while was going to be a time for learning, much to my pleasure.  And then there was the lore and story books.  Again, finding a bad one in the Hall of the Guardian wasn't really possible.  Learning about the Burning Legion, the Sunwell, Elune, Stormwind, it was all so fascinating.  Sadly, I wasn't going to be able to learn it all.  I would start with my Elven background and spread out from there.  These were exiting days, and nights, for me.  Studying and writing by candlelight was something I intently looked forward to each day.

Aethere    2

"Thank the Titans!"  They had granted me what I wanted...  More time for the shop!  Saelene read my journal entry and had talked to some of Dalaran's "richer" mages and somehow convinced them to pay some kind citizens to do a lot of our chores so we could focus on the shop!  It was wonderful.  It's amazing to see people come together to fight against the Legion.  Those vile, evil, demons... creatures... whatever they are.  If we don't unite we fall and I wasn't planning on falling anytime soon.  I'm glad Dalaran is finally taking notice that the shop is in fact important for the city and that we can help out in meaningful ways.  I've always believed that in my heart and I'm glad at least a few others agree.  I will be doubling my efforts with the shop!

Aethere    2

To use a rather outdated adage, the weight has been lifted from my shoulders.  The shop is my passion, through and through.  I'm not sure what it is that draws me to stay within its walls helping the patrons.  It seems a rather simple thing, magical essence for a bit of gold.  But when the Legion's fel is all around us a little bit of pure essence can go a long way.  That is my hope at least.  But this new found time has granted me more.  Time that is.  It affords me some time to study.  To learn about the history of Dalaran... of Azeroth.  I have been living in sheltered rooms all my life.  It serves me well however, to be free from the quarrels of the outside.  But it has its obvious downfalls too.  So I've got to spend some time studying the various details of the outside.  Including venturing somewhat outside the city walls from time to time too.  It won't be easy for me, but Saelene assures me I'm ready for it.  Saelene is, after all, the one who has kept me safe from the outside all my life so it seems right that she would be the one now to pronounce me ready.  I look forward to more days among my shop and my studies.

Aethere    2

"Aeton?  Are you there?"  Capella quickly interjected, "You can't talk to him anymore!"  I was quite confused.  I had talked to Aeton a long time.  Why end it now?  Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary.  "Why Capella?  What would be wrong with speaking to him?"  Just then Saelene came barging into my private study.  "Aethere, you need to hear this!"  I was anxious.  I had just been interrupted, but nevertheless I knew Saelene didn't get excited often.  "What?  What Saelene??"  She looked me in the eyes.  "Aethere, it's your Titans.  They spoke with me!"  I was surprised.  "And you didn't come to harm, like before?"  "No not at all.  They put me at ease.  They told me they had finished with you.  That you had "completed what they set out for you to do." "  "Really?  I mean... I guess that's good?"  "Well I would hope so!  If a Titan says you've completed something it HAS to be good."  It seemed logical.  "So then.  That must explain why they don't talk to me anymore."  "Exactly.  Wait what?"  "I tried to speak with them.  They said no longer."  "Oh yes yes, I forgot.  They told me that you are ready for the world now.  That you have to rely on me now.  And that what conversations you had with them, in private, you have to leave up to me, your wife."  "Well... I guess that makes sense.  But.  I talk about some pretty private stuff with them, even private for sharing with you." "I know.  But that's what marriage is Aethere.  We have to share everything with one another.  Our home, our money, our family.  That's what being married is!"  "Well I suppose that stands to reason.  Well then.  I guess that's it then.  No more Titans.  I will miss them.  And not even a goodbye..."  It was bitter sweet.  I could feel confident, with my Titans' blessings, that I can confide in Saelene now.  But I will miss them.  They are, after all, super powerful beings.  But I will always live now in the reassurance that they are out there, helping the world.

Aethere    2

"Aethere...  I have news... It's... it's important."  Saelene talked just like me, in broken terses.  "What is it?"  I knew not to be overly concerned, given my wife's tone, but I knew there was something going on.  "You remember one of out last few customers?  The red haired one?"  "We've had several red haired customers.  Not to mention white and blue and green."  "Aethere stop.  You know who I speak of."  She was right, I knew.  "Fine.  Is she okay?"  "She is... alone."  "Alone?"  "She won't talk to her friends.  Something's wrong.  It's our responsibility Aethere.  You know how our magic can do things like this."  I nodded.  Our staffs and wands were... unique.  And when you introduce something unique into a new environment, the energies need settling.  "I see.  So the energies haven't settled?"  "I'm afraid not.   I think you need to speak with her... in private."  "You know that's against our policy.  Once they receive their staff they are beyond our responsibility at that point."  "This is different."  We always made exceptions when it made sense to.  "I agree.  But I cannot go chasing after her.  Can you speak with her?  Perhaps give her comfort?"  "I can and I will.  But I'm afraid she needs you, not me.  You, after all, imbued the staff."  "Indeed.  Should I summon her?"  "No.  I will handle that.  But when she comes, you must be receptive."  "I promise."  "Thank you."  Anyone listening in could tell that we cared deeply for our customers and our staffs and wands.  Magic is something special to Saelene and I.  It's not some idle currency to be thrown around.  Every drop, to us, is special.  When we sell our items it's for the hope that we provide some of that special to others so they gain the same appreciation for what we've come to love in our daily lives.  But sometimes discovering that takes time, and if the user doesn't attune to their staff the results are usually upsetting to the user.  She needs to learn to attune to her staff or she's not going to be happy.  She will get through this.  I know her.  She's strong.

Aethere    2

Alright, I said I would write down some of Saelene and I's past staffs that we had made, so here's another.  Where to begin?  Ah yes.  It was a usual day at the shop.  Good customers, bad customers, annoying customers, and, sadly, some of the usual promiscuous women looking to trade magic for, well, you know.  "What's your name?  You look cute!"  I blushed anyways, but I wasn't about to entertain her.  "Aethere.  Aethere Galatia.  May I help you miss?"  She was a demon hunter, I could tell by the horns.  Definitely dressed the part of a "promiscuous" women.  "Oh maybe, maybe not.  I hear you sell... magic."  "I do, and what's it to a demon hunter anyways, don't you use fel?"  Just then she removed her helmet of horns.  "Oh but I am no demon hunter.  I am an elf!"  I was pretty surprised.  Saelene always said I was gullible, just another time she was right.  "Well then, elf, if you'd like some magic, we sell it for 2 silver.  If not then I can't help you."  "Oh that's all fine.  But my friend here might like something, now that we can trust you."  They had obviously tested if I was just as much of a promiscuous lover as the rest of those women who came in here daily.  "You can trust me, if you don't threaten me that is."  Saelene could easily tell them that my bad side was the wrong side.  Threatening me put people on my bad side.  "Very well, Aethere Galatia.  Meet Renia."  She was a petite elf.  Though she looked like she could probably win between me and her in a bar fight.  She was wearing a deep reddish purple priest's cloth.  "Nice to meet you, Renia."  "Mr. Galatia.  You sell staves, I hear?"  She was to the point.  "I do, yes.  To those who can handle such an item.  My items are... powerful and expensive."  She nodded.  "You needn't worry about the cost."  She held up a rather large sack of gold.  Her red hair glowed as she did so.  "Gold?  Oh you must be mistaken.  There are other costs than that of gold I'm afraid."  She huffed.  "Well whatever it is, Mr. Galatia, I can afford it I assure you.  I need a staff.  Will you make it or not?"  Staffs were works of art to me, not toys or tools.  Making one took months, at least, and a lot of dedication of both mine and the user's part.  Not to mention the headaches.  The user would go through terrible pain as a part of the attuning process.  I imbued a lot of magic in the staves and handling power always took work from the user.  I looked Renia over a little.  "What's it for then, Renia?" "I need more power."  Exactly the answer I didn't want to hear.  "Power is not a means to an end, Renia.  I'm afraid I cannot make one for that purpose."  She huffed, again.  "Please, I see a lot of battle, I need this."  The response seemed genuine, and I had a good feeling about her.  "Alright then.  Meet me in the Chamber of the Guardian in two hours."  She made gesture and was off.  I bought a simple staff and began to imbue it.  It was a rather aggressive staff compared to what I would usually make, but the staff must suit the user, and she was... assertive.

Not long after I entered the Chamber of the Guardian by way of light bridge.  I stepped onto the bridge, and up I went, magically teleported into the great Chamber.  It's majesty was second to none.  I chose the location because she had far too much negative energy surrounding her.  I needed something to purify her of her negativity and what better place than this, I thought.  Problem was, it was risky.  She would either lash out at me, or die, or both.  However, she said she could "afford" it, so I took that as meaning she could "risk it" too, her life that is.  So I waited.  Not long after she arrived.  "Mr. Galatia."  "Renia.  Here, I have your staff.  Take it and be on your way."  "What?  That's it?  I'm not paying for this piece of junk.  You're a fraud.  Go back to the nightmare that brought you into here!"  It was as I had feared, the Chamber drove her mad.  She lashed out at me, sending void energy coursing out of her fingers into my head.  I jolted backwards but stood my ground.  "Renia!  Stop!"  I grabbed her hand.  "Listen to me.  I am NOT evil!  This place makes people crazy.  Calm down."  She wasn't stopping the attack.  And she wasn't responding either.  I knew something had to be done or should was going to kill me and then likely die herself.  My magic was drained by her void energy, I could do nothing.  I thought quickly.  I'll play dead!  I lied down on the ground and shivered to a dead stop.  "There.  Killed that monster of an elf.  Mockery to our kind."  She huffed and walked away.  "Why must they always attack ME?  Can't they hurt their pet or something?"  I thought to myself.  Oh well, such is business.  It was done, she had the staff now, there was no turning back.

"Who are you anyways?  Why haven't you killed me yet?  And this staff has no power at all.  It's useless.  You really are a fraud aren't you, Mr. Galatia."  "Perhaps.  Just finish the attuning like I asked.  I promise, the staff will work."  We were getting along much better a month later.  This wasn't over though, she needed more time with it to really learn how to use *real* power.  Not this void stuff she had been attacking me with, powerful though it was.  "Here, take this.  It's an upgraded version of your current staff.  I'll be imbuing more energy into it soon."  She smiled.  She had come to like me, it seemed.  She was still assertive though, and abrupt.  "Thanks.  I must go.  Until next we meet, Mr. Galatia."  I nodded and she was off.  I spent many evenings after that day working on her staff remotely from my shop.  Focusing on the staff, sending the proper mix of magical essence to it and combining it with her shadow skills.  If this thing was going to work, it had to have a "bite" to it.  The nights were still awful though.  Everytime I tried to mix the staff's energy with her shadow skills it just backfired in my own face.  "This will work... It has to, or I'll be dead." I thought to myself.  She was, ultimately, a good person, so I knew she wouldn't kill me.  "Just a few more nights.  That's all she needs."

Graduation day had come.  I had survived, and so had she.  "Aethere, you were right.  This staff is marvelous.  Thank you, Aethere.  It was worth every penny.  Wait... I haven't even paid you!"  She had finally realized that all the while I never asked for payment and she never offered.  "I have a friend now.  Seems payment enough for me, does it not?"  We understood one another well enough now.  She nodded.  "Aethere.  Really.  I wanted power but this staff just refined what I already had within me but didn't realize I had.  Thank you.  I won't forget this, or you."  She smiled and was off.

Just another day in Dalaran.