Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aethere

Aethere's Journal

27 posts in this topic

Saelene looked at me with somewhat concerned eyes.  We were realxing in our home above the shop.  The shop was closed up, Dalaran was peaceful, and Talia our cat was purring.  "Are you ready now?"  Saelene questioned.  "Ready for what?"  "To talk about it... your fel experience."  "Oh, that...  Maybe...  It was... difficult."  "Mhmm.  Well you tell me when you're ready.  We need to talk about it."  I gazed down at Talia, still purring.  The arcane energy flowing out from her fur.  Maybe it was time.  "I'm ready.  What do you want to know?"  "Were you... you?  Or was that a demon inside of you, spewing anger?"  "It was me.  But it was me being tortured into aggression out of necessity of survival.  I was in such agony I just wanted it to stop.  Letting the fel unleash unto anyone who would anger me was all I could do.  I know it wasn't easy for you, for any of us."  "No no, you were very good to me Aethere.  And Dari and Rhonin.  So you weren't all bad.  But I saw the way you treated some of our customers, when you were being felled remotely by those demons."  I shifted in my chair and sipped my refreshing spring water.  "Mhmm.  And?"  "Well killing a customer for looking at you funny?  Maybe taking it a bit far?"  "You don't understand...  The fel, that's what it does.  It has infinite hate, anger, it wants to destroy.  It's either going to destroy you or someone else.  I made a tough choice.  I justified it to myself.  I used any possible outlet for my anger.  If something so much as hinted at aggressing me, i removed that hint in whatever manner I deemed appropriate."  "Mhmm.  I know.  I could sense it in you.  Not only were you angry, but you had this odd... intuition.  Did it heighten your senses?"  I sipped my water.  "Mhmm.  It felt good Saelene.  A weird kind of good."  Saelene looked down at Talia.  "I see.  So the fel isn't all evil then... is it?"  I nodded reluctantly.  "There is some sense of good in it.  How do you think Demon Hunters wield it to kill demons?"  Saelene smiled.  "Aethere, you are not a demon hunter my sweety."  "I know... but I get it now.  I see why those who kill, kill.  It made sense to me, for a time.  It was a good lesson."  "Are you happy it is over then?  Or would you go back to it?"  "I never enjoyed it to begin with, so yes I'm very happy it's over.  But if I was called to battle again, I would unleash my fury again."  "Fury?  Are you so sure?"  "It changed me Saelene. I can never go back to the man I was before."  "I see..."

Edited by Aethere

Posted (edited)

"Wow!  It feels great and looks even better!"  I commented and Saelene smiled.  We both loved our new shop attire she had custom made for us.  "Thanks.  I spent a lot of time designing it."  "Really?  I didn't realize you could design."  "There's a lot of things I can do that you don't know about yet."  I smiled.  "You are a never ending mystery and joy to me."  She laughed.  "Haha, thanks.  I'll take that as a compliment."

We had new shop outfits now and things are going great for Simply Enchanting and my wife and I.  I had basically fully recovered from my fel experience and getting back to normal.  Business is great and we are happy.  Even the Legion seemed to be relatively controlled by Dalaran's mages not to mention the thousands all fighting for the cause of saving Azeroth.

"What news from Khadgar?  Is he still happy with us and the shop?  Or do we need to make changes?  The magocracy usually has some sort of opinion of us."  I commented to Saelene.  "They sure do, there's no doubting that.  Overall our reputation has not faltered and the response from customers has been positive.  Khadgar still supports our shop and financial support will continue."  Saelene said rather proudly of herself.  She knew as well as I did that she was the one running the shop, I just provided the magical essence.  Well maybe "just" isn't doing it justice, but yeah.  "That's great.  I feel a sense that something needs to be done though.  You know my intuition is rarely wrong."  "I have sensed that in you, yes.  Let me look into it.  I have a few old connections whom I haven't spoken with in a while.  These women mages are wise and in the know of current events.  They'll definitely have something to say."  "Sounds good."  Saelene and I were never that idle.  Sure we stayed close to our shop all day, but we always wanted new and exciting ways of interacting with our customers and with Dalaran.  A shop doesn't remain an integral part of Dalaran by becoming stagnant.  I sensed some stagnation and assigned Saelene the task of getting things going again.  I knew she would "do things right".

Edited by Aethere