Zanas

Accidental Use of Geekiness

Zanas    20

Have you ever accidentally let your geek side out?

Yesterday while driving home I was confronted with a horrible driver.

When I passed them I said, "Learn to drive, noob."

I accidentally let the geek (and elitist) slip.  Have you?

Zanas    20
43 minutes ago, Xaraphyne said:

I've legit said "QQ" to people who would have no idea what that means, like coworkers.

Hah.

I once told a co-worker that I "pwned" something.

Incidentally that sounds very dirty to the un-enlightened.

Syreena    56

I had a list of daily tasks to do at my old job--system checks, data integrity reports, etc.   I used to call them Dailies sometimes.

If I don't have auto-sig turned on in my email, I have to double check that I type my name correctly.  My real first name also beings with "S" and a few times, muscle memory just typed Syreena.  Luckily, I always caught it before I hit Send.   ......I think.

• Like 1

Katelle    25

I have routinely responded to "Kate" in real life. My real name is nothing like "Kate." 

I have had moments where I go to /tar something I'm trying to find...at home. With no keyboard present. My first instinct is just to /tar it. 

I started using chatspeak in conversation ironically (with my friends, mom, boyfriend, etc.) and now I can't stop. HELP ME LAWL.

• Like 1

Myaka    15

I have used "By the Light" or "By the Earthmother" when I played horde in casual conversation. 

Like Kate, I've responded to Mya before if someone says that name nearby, I have also accidentally signed my name as Myaka, even though my real name is nothing close to it haha. Luckily I've caught it so far!

Kerala    59

I've given people "grats" before.

I've very nearly spoken out loud with a troll accent for real after RPing one for an hour or two.

Mom and her boyfriend (met through WoW) absolutely use game names for each other and we all use his. Nicknames don't seem to stick for me, I guess because Aimee is such a short easy name anyway.

Otherwise I think it's mostly just regular types of bleed-over of game into real life- sharing the jokes, calling people noobs. The phrase "Don't feed the trolls" was extremely common among us for a time. I couldn't get the boys to use "Thrall's balls!" in real life applications though :P.

Mom and I have talked about a garden someday, which absolutely must have the sign "This was once a place of bees." in it somewhere. In the kitchen, we envision a painting of a beautiful still life fruit with calligraphy words or something similar "This pear, so delicious."  Things like that to PURPOSELY declare and celebrate our nerdiness :)

• Like 1

Katelle    25
2 hours ago, Kerala said:

In the kitchen, we envision a painting of a beautiful still life fruit with calligraphy words or something similar "This pear, so delicious." 

I need this, as well as one with plums and some sinister looking creature in the background. Maybe he's holding a cup of coffee! ~_^

• Like 1

Viirchi    26

I found out they were making a Movie about the Evacuation of Dunkirk and started nerding out on history stuff. I did the same thing when I saw the trailor for the Warcraft movie and saw the shield turtle tactic

Zanas    20

I sometimes practice a troll accent.  Even though I don't RP a troll.

I sometimes get stuck in it and reply in it.  I have been asked to be people's troll voice over VOIP.

Not sure if that's good or bad.

• Like 1

Zarja    13
On 12/19/2016 at 1:35 PM, Zanas said:

I sometimes practice a troll accent.

I sometimes get stuck in it and reply in it.

Me too. I've used cooldown as a way to tell which rabbits I have bred. Ie: "That buck can't be used today, he is on cooldown from yesterday."