Zanas

Anyone else had troubles selecting a main?

I don't know about any of you but this expansion has made it incredibly difficult to settle on a main.

I keep hitting 110 and poking around on an alt and finding the play style, usually, fun and engaging.

Yes, I can't decide which class I like best from all my characters   :P

Actually, I have had trouble deciding a main, and I'm not sure I've quite decided yet!  

I think this is a testament to how well Blizzard, generally has handled their classes, they are all at least fun to play on some level...

Now whether  they are all entirely viable at end game... well that depends on what you like to do, but, if that doesn't matter much to you, and you just like the class... then I think every class has a lot more of a fun factor attached to it.

Despite knowing how fun every class is, I have had no trouble selecting a main... same one since early BC heh... if he ever wasn't viable, I'd still use him... I feel like I'm married to him, and its a happy, successful marriage. ;-) haha

Rogue4Lyfe!!!

Really though, I've never had trouble deciding on a main because I'm so in love with the rogue fantasy that I'll always choose it, despite issues that may arise with the play style. 

Also, my rogue is my RP main and that will never change. xD

• Like 1

I have to agree with others that feel attachment to their original mains. My first character was a priest, and then I wanted to try druid. I fell in love both with tauren, and with the class, and even if I've played other toons (mained Anura (shaman) for a while for SoO, kept going back to a priest for a while) Kerala has very firmly entrenched herself as my main. I just love her story too much. The abilities of the class have something to do with it too, as I clung to the priest for a while, but they made it into something unrecognizable to me and I really feel like I lost my character in those changes. Druids stayed basically the same, and so Kerala is still my best bet. (and she has stealth too! plus WINGS)

• Like 1

On 11/27/2016 at 4:05 PM, Zarja said:

There just something about charging in with a huge two-handed weapon that never gets old.

Phrasing!

I had to.

• Like 1

I agree that I keep coming back to Rogue as well. But I am interested in seeing how the changes have affected other classes. Perhaps those that I found unplayable are now within my reach. Since Rogue and Paladin are both melee, I've been thinking about trying a ranged class. Mage sounds like fun and Hunter is interesting, but I've heard a lot of people disappointed with Hunter, so no decision yet... but my main won't change regardless.

• Like 1

I enjoyed my mage while I was leveling him to 100, despite not knowing what I was doing and dying all the time. 😂 I haven't had the time to do anything with him past 100, though.

I've also enjoyed all four levels of my warlock that I've managed to eke out since the expansion dropped. I don't know if they are still apparently poor contenders in end-game content, or how much you care about that, but if you enjoy it you can run with it!

• Like 1