Isadore

Fel Rain and Hand Grenades (A Month of Letters)

Isadore    16

Hey, Dora.

Day one of my demon hunting adventures out and about the worlds. I left Dalaran and met up with my friends at Brokenspear in Warspear before heading out to Taanan. We've made camp in the jungle close to the Saberstalkers, figure we wouldn't risk attack from demons this close to the Saberon. Spent most of the day doing recon. Looking for the best places we could hit. First target is the corrupted Draenei Eredar fucks. One of the guys, Olgoth, wants a fel hound for a pet too so that kinda swayed the decision. We've got a healer, don't worry. Old shaman buddy of mine. He can handle any wounds we might get from the demons, except for like, losing limbs and eyes and shit. But like, what are the chances of that happening? Anyway, you should talk to Eive more. Get her out of the workplace and her apartment and out to the beach or the bar or something. Around friends. She really needs it. I think that's like, all I got right now. I'll have some more exciting shit tomorrow hopefully.

-Love, Shokkra Deathrage

P.S. Water the plants at Sanctuary's place in Dalaran because apparently EVERYONE JUST ASSUMES THEY'RE MAGIC

Isadore    16

Hey, Dora

Day two of my demon hunting diaries. Woot. Miss me yet? I definitely don’t miss you because I’m back with my old bad ass military friends who totally kick your elven ass out of the water(just kidding these fuckers are all assholes and you’re my best friend and I love you hugs and kisses booboo). Today we attacked the draenei place(which I still cannot remember the name of) and totally fucked shit up. There were these huge Felguards everywhere and even a few Terrorguards, you know the ones who like shoot demon bolts or whatever? The magical fucks. Anyway yeah those guys and we just murdered a whole ton of ‘em, took down a couple buildings and a staircase with us. Olgoth got the Fel Hound he wanted, got it in a cage next to Fury’s chain who, turns out, loves the taste of demonic draenei! Who would’ve thought eh? We made a pile of the corpses and torched ‘em once Fury had his fill. Another demon site bites the dust right? Didn’t find anything worthy of souvenirs but I’ll keep my eye out. No major injuries except Kodlak thinks he saw a demon’s dick so he might be scarred for life. Anywho, tomorrow we’re gonna hit up the Fel Forge, one of our scouts thinks he saw some shady shit going on. Day after that we’re gonna do some clean up of the Citadel and then move on to the next demonic locale, probably Ashenvale. Let me know if anything cool happens while I’m gone! REMEMBER TO WRITE BACK I CAN ONLY READ SO MUCH ROMANCE NOVEL A DAY AHHHHH.

-Love, Shokkra Deathrage

Isadore    16

Shokkra,

I got your first two letters! I need to save you from yourself and those awful novels. So here is my attempt, though I don’t have anything half as exciting to write as your demon-slaughter fest bonanza.

So Phyruss said that I needed to go visit mom. He told me that she basically made him heir to the Arath’dorei Estate and all the responsibility that comes with it. He seemed upset that mom didn’t even approach me about it, but I think she knew I had no interest. Or, at least, I’m not really a proper candidate for that sort of thing at the moment. I did live the first 8 years of my life on those grounds, so a part of me understands that it’s home. It was pretty cool to walk into my old bedroom and see my first bow collection hung up on the wall. I mean, it’s Isa’s collection, so it’s actually in really good shape!

Anyway, Phyruss told me that mom needed help restructuring the irrigation system she had in place for the vineyards. I decided now would be a great time to spend a few weeks or so at the Estate. Get my head into other projects and be useful to someone else at the same time! So far all I’ve done is unpack things in the room where I am sleeping and haul a lot of my tools into a spare room that I’m using as a workshop. I might insist on building a separate shed away from the main manor just because I’m a little worried that there will be some casualties to the house. Standard fare when it comes to working with explosives, you know? Not to say that I have anything dangerous in there right now, but who knows about the future. The most dangerous thing in that workspace right now seems to be my recorder. I don’t know what’s wrong with it, but it keeps turning on without my influence. I think there must be sticky residue on the switch that is keeping the thing depressed, which means I have to go in and clean it out. Not a big deal, but I need a sterile workspace first.

It’s a little weird, being here with mom. The Sinlanna of this timeline and I have never really gotten along. We only share about a decade’s worth of memories between us; we’re strangers trying to figure out how we fit into each other’s lives. I might get into that more in my next letter. For now, I have a few more boxes to unpack.

I miss you, stupid.

Love,

Dora Arath’dorei

Isadore    16

Hey Dora

Day three. Fuck me right? Ughhhh. So, moving back home eh? Got enough of the mean real world and scurried back to home with your baby bows. Irrigation systems. Fun. Should throw in a slide for little Isa. Also damn woman you lived on a mansion? That is insaaaaane. I bet you had servants. OOH I bet they wore cute little maid outfits. Probably a fuckin’ huge place. Though if anyone could blow it up when designing an irritation system, it’s definitely you. Just be sure to make the inevitable KABOOM as fuckin’ sweet as possible. Throw in some red colouring and make it look like there’s blood spouting from the premises. Hehe. Good you’re spending more time with your, well, relative. She’s pretty cool, even got me a SIGNED COPY OF THE LATEST ROMANCE NOVEL I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR AHHHH. Give her a hug from me. Pretty good book too, saucy stuff. But I’ll refrain from the details for your sake.

Okay, uh my stuff. Attacked the Fel Forge today. Surprised a bunch of Warlocks. Stormreaver Clan. Most of ‘em were the felblooded ones, black and brimming with their sick power. I think they were training some new recruits, the last piece of hope for the bastards to survive. Powerful pieces of shit. Low in numbers though. We have about the same amount of people as they did. Killed a couple of ‘em before they retreated through demonic gateways. Can’t pinpoint where they went, but from the scenery we saw we’re guessing the Citadel. They still have a mostly built Fel Reaver here so we moved camp to here for the night. I can see Vol’mar from here. Almost want to run over and grab a beer. But, I gotta help finish assembling this bitch with the eggheads. Plan is to locate where they went to inside the Citadel and bust through the wall with the Reaver. I’ll be piloting. Can’t be much harder than driving a tank right? Whatever we salvage from the sumbitch I’ll have sent to you. Could probably make some cool shit with the remains. Make a good souvenir, half-intact Fel Reaver core.

But anyway, Eive sent me some chocolates and a bottle of Pandaren Plum Wine. Reminded me of you, first time we met. We went to that bar at the Shrine and bet who could stuff the most food in their mouth. I won, of course. Sitting here in the glow of the Forge with the Citadel in the distance as we prepare a war machine seems so bleak and ominous, but this fine wine reminding me of drinking away my appetite away with you makes it seem so much easier.

With love,

-Shokkra Deathrage

P.S When you say “sticky substance” I can only think of you doing one thing with that recorder alone in your room and these thoughts are ENTIRELY your fault stupid.

Isadore    16

Shokkra,

I lived in a manor for the first eight years of my life. But the estate property sits sort of on the boundaries where a lot of the ground is still rotted from the Fall. Mom had some sort of system up to ward away as much undead as possible, but I remember that the manor was always under some sort of construction. Yes there were maids; I never payed attention to their outfits, so I can’t tell you about their alleged cuteness.

I’ll take a picture when the explosion happens and send it your way, how about that? Hopefully Phyruss will be there and I can catch his expression when it’s happening.

I can’t believe you made nice with my mom. She said she appreciates anyone with good taste in literature, which I think means she likes you. I really, really want to know how you pulled that one off, but I also think I’m afraid of the answer so for Light’s sake, don’t tell me.

Also, I feel like I should add that you shouldn’t be drunk while operating heavy machinery (LIKE A FEL REAVER) but your eyes are probably glossing over this part now so I’ll just cross my fingers. If you send me fel reaver bits, I’m going to turn them into metalwork sculptures for the estate gardens. I’ll even make little plaques that acknowledge you as a source for the materials.

That wasn’t when we first met, though I remember that night with the plum wine pretty well. We actually met earlier, still in a tavern though. World’s End Tavern, in Outlands. I was against the bar. You made fun of me because I dated a dragon, and I think I was a little drunk at that point because I thought it was just the funniest thing to talk about my ex dragon boyfriend. Even writing that down felt ridiculous. I agreed with you almost instantly about everything. Those were the strangest three weeks of my life, I think. I almost became a dragon consort or something. Anyway, we talked about that for a while. You swore worse than Uncle Cobrak, which made me laugh. I thought you were cool.

Phyruss is here, trying to help me with the irrigation system problem or at least that is what he claims. I bounce ideas off him, then he quibbles with me over semantics and I just sort of want to cover his head with a pail and then throw him in a ditch. But he’s really trying to be helpful, which I appreciate. He keeps me company in the workshop, makes me smile. He’s also decided that I needed to learn how to cook for some reason, which I don’t understand. We’ve tried this before, and I always end up burning everything. But he hasn’t given up on me yet, so that’s heartening!

I’ll find time between training and this headache of a project to talk with Eiverlyn. She seems like a really nice girl. She’s affectionate without reservation, like giving me hugs when I don’t expect them. I’ll find a way to get her mind off work somehow, promise.

What’s your favorite food? I’m snacking on some leftover pudding and it made me wonder.

Hope your mission goes well.

Love,

Dora Arath’dorei

P.S. Do you think the Commander will give me a funny look if I ask about her plants?

P.S.S. I MEANT LIKE DIRT OR SOMETHING. It’s not my fault your mind is a filthy place; you interpret things how you want anyway, regardless of how a thought is framed!

Edited by Isadore

Shokkra    17

Hey Dora

Writing to you from the top of a Fel Reaver at the top of Hellfire Citadel. Sky is fuckin’ crazy up here. A bunch of vindicators busted in after us and yelled at us a bunch. Guess they didn’t know the Stormreaver remnants had taken up residence here. Once things calmed down, they set up watch and I guess are gonna get some full time guards in here or something. Sleeping at the top of a conquered citadel under the gaze of hardened paladins. Pretty cool. By the way, mostly half of the Fel Reaver is intact so I’ll send what I can along for your lame sculptures.

First of all, fuck. I almost forgot about that night in the World’s End! Mostly because I got pretty hammered and went to see my mom after. She lives in Nagrand with the Mag’har and Warsong. She’s actually a Greatmother now, had the ceremony and stuff a few years ago. She’s pretty old now, getting into her late sixties or something. Me and Karthok were kind’ve a blessing from the elements, no one expected her to have a child, let alone two at her age. Crazy to think about. If we make it to Outland I’ll stop by her again. But, right, talking about your stupid ass dragon dating was fun man. Good times. I thought you were pretty damn cool too, if a little bit stupid. Hehe. Stupid. *a heart is drawn with the word STUPID in big bold letters*

Second, update on the Warlocks and shit. Since they took up positions on the top of the Citadel they saw the Reaver coming and prepared for it. When we got to the top, my crew jumped off and we came face to face with a HUGE fucking demon. Like, ugh what are they called, fuck it they’re named Palebloods now. Massive axes, oh Fel Lords? Whatever, Palebloods. Because of the white skin. So there was one of those up there and he was PISSED, probably at being summoned and that a Fel Reaver with a bunch of Orcs had just blasted up to him. He kinda maybe cleaved through the Reaver so I diverted all the remaining half-power to the gun and blew his head off. All while sober, duh. There were a few lesser demons, Felguards and shit. Took sweet care of ‘em and another Stormreaver while the others ran. So the Vindicators assigned us the task of killing them. We are legit on assignment from the Draenei Vindicators now, got a scroll and everything. Capture or kill the remaining members of the Stormreaver Warlocks under Gul’dan. Woohoo! Almost makes me want to grab a hammer and pledge myself to the Light. Heh, can you imagine me as a paladin? Hella crazy. So now our Kor’kron crew is rolling with some Draenei priests and paladins. The head guy, Vorniinov, is determined as hell to end these bastards. He thinks they’ve gone for Outland through their portals. Makes sense, we don’t know where Gul’dan is and going to the land he helped corrupt would help them commune with their master and shit. Sleeping here tonight, going for the Dark Portal and Blasted Lands tomorrow.

Third, cooking? You? Haaaaah. I bet Phyruss is grooming you for your expected housekeeping duties as the dutiful sister to the man in charge. Ahhh give that bitch a slap if he gets all huffy if you ask him about it. Probably deserves it regardless. You know I COULD write him a letter and apologize that way, unless you think in-person is really the way to go with this. Either way works, just let me know. Also if you get a picture capturing the explosion and Phyruss’ face I better see some fuckin’ red water. It adds a special something, you know? Unless little Isa is there, that is. Might be kinda traumatizing. So, uh, keep that in mind?

My favorite food is bacon wrapped steak covered in mushrooms with lots of blood. Specific, I know. Otherwise food in general is pretty good. Orcish food overall is my favorite. Lots of blood and meat and fish. Steamed Sea Scorpions with chopped up Fireweed? So goooood. Hope that answers you question stupid.

Love,

-Shokkra Deathrage

P.S I mean if you ask the Commander about her beautiful blooming flower and hint about polination then yeah she’ll give you a weird look, but otherwise you’ll be good

Isadore    16

Shokkra,

There are three acolytes here from the Seminary of the Sunflare working on the corrupted acreage. One of them has strong opinions about the Light, and he has some sort of authority over the other two. This morning, there was this  big metal tank-looking vehicle that drives up to the front gates. It kind of looked like a big armored wagon, or a giant metal box rolling on wheels as tall as me. So the acolytes are out on the patio having breakfast when this giant monster of a machine rolls in. They all set their breakfast down to watch. Then from out of the cockpit of this machine hops out goblins in full-body suits like ants climbing out of an ant hill. So the acolytes get curious and start pretending to work, heading out on the grass and throwing half-hearted consecration spells.

It was like watching a little gaggle of ducks slowly make their way over. Eventually they get within a few feet of the truck. The goblins open the door to the back of their metal wagon- then a whole team of them take a crate and dump it in the yard. The crate is covered in labels that read ‘Warning: Fel-Enriched Materials”. Then they start dumping more of these crates on the lawn. The minute the first one hits the ground the acolytes scatter and look SO CONFUSED, fluttering back to the main house with their robes billowing behind them like frightened little ducklings.

I explained to them why I have bits of fel reaver on my lawn to reassure them, but it was just funny to watch their confusion. So thanks for that; I laughed!

You’ve never mentioned your mom before! A Greatmother! I’d love to spend time with her and talk about the ceremony. Maybe she could teach me some of the songs? I don’t know- I just know I’d really like to learn more about her and meet her.

I’m glad that you have a bigger team, and potentially more healers. You know, for a long time I actually dreamed of becoming a Paladin? When I trained swordsmanship with my dad, I’d pretend that I could infuse Light into my sword, that I had the blessing of the Sunwell at my back. At that point, I was just starting to get interested in the culture of my origins. It’s probably the most traditionally Sin’dorei thing I’ve ever done, actually! But I appreciate the skills that have been handed down to me, and the rifle along with it. It’s one of the greatest gifts that I’ve ever been given, and I have Uncle Cobrak to thank for that.

The first time I lost him, I made a promise to never take what he gave me for granted.

I think you’d make a badass Paladin. You’d still stomp on things, but now you’d get to burn them with holy fire at the same time. I think you have enough passion to wield the Light to great effect. Be awesome to watch. A different kind of awesome, you know? You could even come up with cool things to say as you smite your foes like “Know the taste of blessed steel, you sons a bitches!” Or I’ve been hanging around Phyruss too much now.

If you want to just send him a letter, I think he’d appreciate it. He could have something physical to look back on; proof of your sincerity, or something like that.

He’s not grooming me for anything, I promise- he’s a fantastic cook and I think this is his way of spending time with me in a way that is slightly more relaxed than training and duking it out over water delivery system implementation. We tried baking today, which would have turned out great if I hadn’t mixed up the sugar and salt containers! But the second batch came out much better. I’ll send you some and you can tell me what you think. They’re cinnamon with goldenbark apple pieces in them. I’ll also send some dried sausage, because I at least KNOW how to make that.

Isa would volunteer to help make the scene as gorey as possible. Remember how I told you that the manor, while pretty safe, had a lot of the surrounding land scarred by the undead? My very first obsession was zombies. I used to draw doodles of skeletons and guts all the time. I was sort of a morbid kid. I almost crossed the barrier mom set up when I was about five to try and touch one of the ghouls that was wandering up to the property. My mom (the one from my timeline) loved to tell that story when she could.

I think I accidentally summoned Isa. I can hear her banging on my bedroom door. I guess she couldn’t find Phyruss this morning- she likes making him miserable almost as much as I do. Or maybe she wants backup to go pester him.

You send me fel reaver parts, I send you dried sausage and cookies. I think that’s a fair trade.

Love,

Dora Arath’dorei

PS. I don’t want to know anything about the Commander’s beautiful blooming flower, but I want to ask now just to see if her expression changes. I’ll report my findings in my next letter.

Edited by Isadore

Shokkra    17

Doraaaaa

Day five. Outside the Dark Portal right now. Back to being green and shit since we destroyed the Red Portal. Vorniinov and the other draenei are sleeping in the alliance side, we’re sleeping in the Horde side. Got treated to a damn decent meal and some fuckin good wine. A few of the guards around here are gonna join up with us since I can like, kinda conscript them since I’m a Blood Guard and they’re bored as shit here so we got a couple of mages, an elven ranger and a druid. Feasting and drinking before making the hard ride through Hellfire and Zangarmarsh and Terrokar before hitting Shadowmoon. Once we get the Warlocks we’re gonna head to the Temple of Karabor and see what Akama and the Ashtongue have done to purify it and make it beautiful again. Soooo yeah, fun stuff.

It’s cool that you're hanging with your brother. I’m sure he’s a decent-ish person under all the layers of bravado and cowardice and idiocy. I’ll work on a letter for him and send it with this one. Easy access to an actual mailbox right now so I’m getting all my stuff done before I have to use couriers or ride hard enough to get to Thrallmar and shit. I won’t have a seal on it or anything so you can read it I'd you want, make sure I was sincere enough. Cool that you’re hanging with Isa too. I bet you’re a great teacher. Can show her how to skin a dragon and shit like that. Ooh, could cover her in gore from Ghouls you kill and have her walk all dead-like towards your mom. Scare the shit out of her. Heh.

The cinnamon cookies you sent were edible and pretty fucking good. I stuffed them all in my face except for a couple which I gave to Vorniinov as a gesture of goodwill. I think he liked them because he gave me me a bottle of light-blessed wine. Only for really special occasions. So thanks for helping keep the peace! Woo Sanctuary! Also I’ll talk to my mom about you if I see her. I bet she’d like you if she met you. Your respect for the hunt and the reverence for the spirits and the elements would totally get you on her good side which is quite a feat.

You would’ve been a fucking kick ass paladin. Your kindness and compassion and positivity and fucking bravery would make for a fucking beacon of the Light. Hell you still could be a beacon of the Light, you got so much time and- *the rest of the paragraph has been scratched out*

I’ll wait for your letter before I go out. Maybe once we get these Warlock bastards I should come back and hang instead? We got time.

Love,

-Shokkra Deathrage

Isadore    16

Shokkra,

So I have to be the one to tell mom that the old arcane system used to provide water to the vineyards has actually over watered the soil. We’d have to get maybe a shaman out here or someone who knows anything about elemental control and check for diseases and help with the drowned earth before I can put a shovel into this thing. And get rid of all these frost crystals that were buried under the rot. It’s affected the magic and now we’re got a whole host of problems that I don’t know jack about. You want a sapper-grade explosive capsule that can take out an entire fortification wall, no problem. Dealing with mutated magical crystals? This is work for Tao Zhu, or someone with the right knowledge base. At least this is way more interesting of a challenge than I thought it would be!

I went to go take care of your plants, by the way. I set up a prototype system of what I want to implement in mom’s vineyards, so at least I have a place to test in the meanwhile. I spoke with the Commander about it.

There is an abandoned start to a sentence , scribbled out.

I really see why you respect her. She’s not much older than me, but she’s so wise. We have a really different style of leadership, and I appreciate what I can learn from her.

She gave me some advice. I don’t know if it is relevant to you, but it’s helped me more than I think Commander Julilee can understand. She said it’s easy to question yourself after realizing you were wrong when  you thought you had no reason to suspect you were. You lose confidence in yourself, in your ability to make decisions. But, she said, being too afraid to make decisions will only lead to grief. Start small and make yourself decide. Your confidence will return.

Your confidence will return. It was the conviction in the way she said it that made me believe with complete certainty that she experienced something just like what I’m going through right now. It was such a relief to see the path in front of me again when it felt like I’d come up against a wall. She gave me a direction forward, steps that are measurable. Already I feel a lot stronger for the advice. Determination can get you through more than you could ever suspect, but I should have known that! Hah! I’m just glad the Commander could help me find my footing again. I don’t know how I’m going to repay her, but I’m confident that the opportunity will present itself and that I will be there to answer the call.

Speaking of people being lost, Phyruss is having a rough time. He’d been a little storm cloud lately. I thought he was just being cranky at first, but then I made him sit down and talk with me. He and Saralis are taking a break. He was trying to keep it from me because he was worried about bumming me out. Breakups.

He asked me if I was okay. I remember I was talking to Shaelie not too long ago, a few days after the Dalaran mission. She was worried, asking me if something was going on or wrong with me. I told her about what happened with me and Nok, that it affected my focus on the assignment on Lazhio and that’s why I’ve been out of it lately. She smiled and looked a little relieved, glad that it wasn’t anything more world-shattering than a break up but she said she knows how that is. It can be a real kick in the gut. But it did help a little with perspective.

I have an obligation to my team, and to my company. To the people of the Fiend’s Den, who need help and supplies to get them back on their feet again. I heard that Coldstar is handling a lot of the relief initiative, which is great. I’ll be heading back to the port to be debriefed on our next move. They give me a reason to fight. I’ll take what I learned from that attempt in Dalaran and move forward.

The operation in the bordello wouldn’t have gone half as smooth without you acting as my tactician. With you gone, I’m starting to realize just how much I rely on you.

Scribbled out fragments of words, unreadable.

I sent you double-chocolate brownie cookies this time, per Isa’s insistence. She hasn’t reached that point in her life yet where she pukes an entire cake’s worth of chocolate before she’s sick for almost a week, so I’ll let her enjoy it even though just the smell makes me gag. I made extra for you to share with your crew. Hope I can spread a little bit more peace in the form of dubious baked goods.

Love,

Dora

PS: I showed Isa that picture of us that September drew. She strapped pillows around her arms so that she could look as muscled and huge as my friend in the picture. I made a batch of cookies just for her.

Edited by Isadore
  • Like 1

Shokkra    17

Dora

So, got your letter and all that. Made everyone wait an extra hour in the morning then hoofed it to Thrallmar, letter came in there. Got your brownies too, so fucking good. Isa was right about the double chocolate. I think Vorniinov had a mini heart attack when he saw me coming towards him with a handful of chocolate goodness. Betcha me and him will have added a few extra pounds by the end of the hunt, heh. We’re still on schedule for getting to the Hand. Zangarmarsh and Terrokar are gonna be the hardest to navigate with our wolves and elekks but we should reach Shadowmoon in a few days. The warlocks are getting ready for us, preparing and shit but I’m not too worried. There's only… what, maybe ten left? They’ll have Naga friends joining them I’m sure but our force of thirty should be able to get the drop on ‘em and come out with no losses. Hell, Kor’kron and Vindicators are specialized in killing warlocks and demons.

It's weird, not being around. Instead of elves everywhere I’m back to being with the old crew. Conscripted them out of prison for this job. Convinced a couple of the higher ups that I'd be keeping close watch on ‘em and that they'd be more use to the Horde hunting demons than rotting away. It's funny, it's like nothing’s changed except where we're fighting. Olgoth is still an ass, Kodlak is still overly superstitious, Morkrok is still quiet all the time and Brokara is still fucking insane. It's been so damn long since I've seen any of them and they follow my orders like we're back in Pandaria. Everyone fights like they did, talk like they did, eating is generally more enjoyable than the shit they gave them in the stockade. Gods it brings me back.

The Commander is really something isn't she? Everyone always makes fun of Sanctuary for having the emotionless Commander Liene but she's so fucking awesome. Once you talk to her and get to know her she's a really cool person, she just covers it all up with regulation and her authority. Maybe compensating for her disbelief in her ability to lead, even though she does a pretty decent job. She cares, you know? About everyone under her command and every innocent out there that needs to be protected. Fucking bad ass. I don't hang out with her nearly as much as I should. I'll fix that once I get back. I'm glad she could help you with what you were going through. Leadership’s hard man, but we get through it. One of my old COs once told me, “When you're in command every little shit has to speak up against your every decision, every order. But when you second-guess yourself that's when everything's gone to hell.” I think that's true, and we just gotta deal with our mistakes and shit. Dunno if that helps or whatever, just felt like getting it out there. I believe in you Dora. You'll get through this just like you've gotten through everything else. Just, you know, stay strong and all that. Besides, I'll be back soon to do all the hard stuff for ya.

Love,

-Shokkra Deathrage

P.S Thanks for setting up a watering system. Can add the time I took watering the plants to my morning workout.

P.S.S THAT IS THE CUTEST THING EVER AHH

Isadore    16

Shokkra,

Wondering where you are now. It’s been a few days since your last letter, so I’m guessing you might have reached Shadowmoon by now.

I haven’t heard anything from my Legacy Corps crew in a long while. Most of the communication has gone dead. Everyone is off on their own adventures, so I’m left with a hollow base in Broden’ar.  I’m considering doing renovations to it. I’m not sure yet; I’ll probably hold off until I hear back from at least Tsuyi, or Mit or Geryal.

I took Eiverlyn out to breakfast the other day. We talked for a while, and she’s going to help me out with the vineyard and those old decaying crystals I found in the dirt.  I didn’t even have to offer the job- she just leapt at the chance to help. It gets her out of her apartment and into some sunshine. We’re both going to learn how to run a vineyard, apparently! Maybe by the time you get back we’ll have a few casks ready to start aging in storage.

Did you know Eiverlyn had two moms? A Blood Knight and a Farstrider. I didn’t even realize something like that was a possibility.

Sorry, I don’t have anymore cookies or anything. Phy’s been dealing with a lot of his own problems lately and we haven’t had time for baking lessons. I have jerky though, and that’s probably better for you anyway.

Dora

Shokkra    17

Hey Dora

Soooo, got your letter, and all that. It's cool that you're hanging with Eive. She needs the interaction. It'll be sweet if you two start a wine vintage and stuff. “The Arath’dorei”. It'd be cool to see that on fancy shelves at bars. And no, I didn't know she had two moms. Guess that means she's adopted eh? Poor fucking girl. Sucks that you haven't had more time to bake with your brother, I know Vorniinov can't wait for more of your sweets.

We haven't made it to Shadowmoon just yet. Thought I'd be in Harbourage for your next letter but we ended up getting to Shattrath by the time it came. Not that the others minded, they didn't have to wait a couple extra hours at each stop. I didn't make them, I mean. After Harbourage I figured I should just keep moving, you letter would reach me when it did. So we're just stocking and resting up before the plunge into Shadowmoon, get blessed at Karabor then hit the warlocks at the volcano. I paid for a courier to deliver all the next letters to me out in the valley. He has a location tracker with us so he'll always be able to find us.

I miss you.

-Shokkra Deathrage

P.S I wasn't sure whether to get you something from Karabor or Shattrath. Figured a pendant of the Light or something would be a good souvenir of the hunt. Little reminder of what we're fighting for. I did buy one here but I'll see what they got at the Draenei’s most holy temple too

Shokkra    17

Hey, Dora

I wanted to stay, I did. You have no fucking idea how much I wanted to stay with you. But I can’t. I don’t know how to work with this relationship shit, I’ve never had something like what we have. No one’s ever told me that loved me before, like you did. It’s scary. I know you told me not to be but I can’t handle it. I really, really don’t want to fuck this up. I’ve never cared about something or someone like this before in my life and I don’t want to ruin it because of my stupid bullshit. I know that me doing this is stupid bullshit too but, time away with no contact will like, fucking decide if I’m not just another Saelyx. That I’m not just another thing for you to entertain yourself with before you run back to Nok. So, I think we both need time to work through this. Make sure we’re both like, ready or whatever. It’ll be hard for both of us. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you this in person but I already hurt you enough today. I love you so fucking much and, I want you to really, truly love me as much as I do. I saw the way Nok acted when you told him you loved him and that makes me wonder if you really did, if you meant what you said a couple nights ago. I know I did but, I mean fuck you don’t have the best fucking track record for love and shit. Nok then Saelyx then Nok then me. It just, it feels like you’re not loyal. Fuck, how do I know you won’t fall in love with someone else while you’re with me and I just become another broken heart in your line? I know how to fight, not how to deal with all this shit. I’m going hunting. I don’t know for how long or where I’ll be. Just, know that I’ll be there.

For the next bitching session in Shattrath,

The next dumpling stuffing at the Shrine,

The next pretty picture at the Cantina,

The next gun repair at MY port,

The next Amani debate on the Southfury,

The next sex talk at Honeydew Village,

The next picnic in Nagrand,

The next booze run of Outland,

The next tan at the Gorgrond hot springs,

The next dragon hunt in Dragonblight,

The next sleep under Grizzly Hills’ sky,

The next dragon taming in Dalaran,

The next stitch removal in the Barrens,

And the next fight under Dalaran.

I love you, Dora Arath’dorei.

-Shokkra Deathrage

*left along with the letter is the romance novel Sinlanna gave Shokkra, a book of elven poetry, an elven cooking book and an orcish/Thalassian dictionary*