Amalyn

Dear Community: You're not alone

Amalyn    10

Dear Netherholdt rp community:

In times like this, is it best we band together as a community, with open hearts and open arms. Care for those grieving and take care of others who may also be affected. This is not our community’s first sudden or unexpected loss. But we must press on, and keep this legacy going, for ourselves and for those we have lost. Think on the happier times and remember our loved ones, how much they brought to our little community, and how much they changed our lives. They would want us to continue on, holding events, having random rp nights at the tavern, and writing our stories with characters we all have brought to life.We have something here that is so special, and so rare, for a community to be this tight-knit. Everyone knows everyone, and new people are welcomed with open arms. It’s what makes this server so special to me and why I have stayed for so long, as I am sure many others feel the same way.

So please, everyone, take your time and grieve how you need to, whatever way it is. But know that you will always have a home to turn to, a home of people who love and care about each other. We will get through this, just as we have in the past, and they will never be forgotten.

Edited by Amalyn
  • Like 8

Cobrak    23

Beautifully done, thank you for writing this. The reason I stay put here is for the community I've found. So many wonderful people are here whom I have come to love and adore and could not think of living without.

Edited by Cobrak

Nanori    13

Everyone here is amazing and welcoming and I wouldn't go anywhere else for my wow playing or roleplay in game. Love you all.

Keraph    16

I legiterally care about this community like a second family, and will always do whatever I can to support its members. I'm so heartened to see that this is the case for so many people here.

Kerala    59

Ravenholdt* has been a place to find the very best people in my life. From the very first moment I shyly shifted to catform and stalked a black-furred bull named Kwam when he greeted me in /say, to joining the Horns of Shu'halo, to forming Mists of Dawn and raiding... all the way through 12 years to now. You were there to see the first living space my husband and I paid for on our own. You were there to cheer me on when work and hour commutes and 4am flights meant I had little sleep and even less hope of succeeding- but I survived college and got that Bachelor's degree. I mailed wedding invitations across the country and even a few across borders because I hoped you'd share that joy with me beyond the screen. I celebrated the birth of your children and have been amazed to see them grow. You watched me pick out and raise our beagle puppy Grunt, you laughed with us through his mischief, awed over his cuteness, and most recently you consoled me when he died. We have shared virtual hugs and typed words, voice conversations and calm advice over telephones, physical gifts and emergency funds. We have shard our lives with each other, and I believe they are better for it. Without any doubt, mine has been.

I have had the pleasure of knowing, and in some cases living with, some of the nicest and kindest people that exist in this whole gigantic world, and I met you all in one game of many, in one server* of many. I am so thrilled to have accidentally made that choice so long ago and found you. Your friendship means so much more to me than words can adequately express. 

/hug

Edited by redeyedtreefr0g
* = and now Twisting Nether, so technically two servers