Nathandiel

Drinn: October 16, 1980 to June 21, 2016

Nathandiel    18

It is with great regret that I inform our community of the loss of our friend Drinn. 

Drinn was found dead at her home in Georgia early this afternoon after long battle with a drug-related illness.

Drinn cared deeply about our community. I am sorry that she is gone. She was the best of friends to have. 

Out of respect for her family and members of her personal life that may not yet know, please do not post to her social media accounts at this time. 

Best regards,
- Andy

Khorvis    80

Drinn was an outstanding roleplayer and a pillar of Grim PvP. Beyond that, she was an excellent person, and it was a joy to share her company. And she was my friend. I will miss her dearly.

Cobrak    23

Drinn was a humorous person who I count as having the pleasure to PvP and Rp alongside with, I wish I had known her in real life as she seemed a true class act. The RP community and the world as a whole is a little less now without her. Like Khorvis had said, I will miss her.

Keraph    16

I am immensely sorry to hear this. I knew her for years, first through the game, where we were constant PvP companions in BC and spent many nights dueling nonstop in-character as Keraph trained Drinn in learning how to perfectly counter warriors. We started chatting more outside of the game, especially when she was living out in Sicily and we were bonding over our shared Italian heritage and mailing each other things. She sent me a picture of an old, old bottle of Ruffino wine, which is my namesake and distant family vineyard, and I thought it was super cool that she noticed that and thought of me. 

I'm heartbroken that she's gone, and will dearly miss her in the community and as a friend.

Ul-Rezaj    15

Drinn brought a lot of enthusiasm to PvP that will be missed. I expected her to be around for some Legion talk so it's really shocking news. 

Thanks for keeping us updated throughout all of this, Andy.

Kexti    42

Drinn was a huge asset to the PvP community and Twisting Nether as a whole. Her presence will be missed. 

Edited by Kexti

Nathandiel    18

Drinn was my best friend for 8 years. I loved her through good, I loved her through bad. She did the same for me and I still love her now. 

I met my best friend on TNG when I heard about a bitchy rogue in The Grim who would kill anything and anyone. I contacted her and asked her if she would bring her guild and kill mine. Her first words to me were "You bring the wine, I've got the lube." Our friendship grew to become much richer outside of wow and off of the internet, but it started here. 

Thank you for my friend TNG. While our matching bestie tattoos are no longer part of a set, my left ankle still belongs to "us" before it was just "me." 

I miss my friend. Thank you for letting me have her while I did. 

- Andy

• Like 1

Katelle    25

Oh, my. ._. I didn't know Drinn well. We had a few interactions through emotes, and that was about it...but that doesn't mean my heart breaks any less to hear of her passing. My heart and my love goes out to her family, and to those here who are struck now with grief. 

Danariel    11

I'm terribly sad to hear this... I, and a few others in the Jade Lion, have fond memories of the events we did with the Grim that Drinn was apart of. We've had a great time with the PvP we did with Drinn, and will be missed. 

Selash    16

I never really got to know Drinn much, interacted with her a few times in various spots around the server. But I can say that what few interactions I had with her were awesome. Hopefully now she'll be able to find some peace and comfort being free of the illness that took her.

Rand_Shea    28

I didn't know her... beyond seeing her a few times in game, I regretfully never talked to her. It sounds like she was a great character, and person overall.

I'm very sorry for your loss... Just remember to take as much time grieving as you want and feel you need to. Don't let anyone tell you how you should feel, or when you should feel how they want you to.

Syreena    59

Drinn joined The Grim back in Burning Crusades.  She loved The Grim.  She loved being a rogue.  She loved PVP, and she was damn good at it.  She was in the group of rogues back then, when we were always doing crazy stuff together, like all rogue WSG night.  I still think of them as "my rogues" and Drinn has always called me Den Mother since then.   She helped me touch up a photo of my dog one time, and it ended up looking like my dog had demon eyes.  It was so silly, I wish I still had that picture.  She sent me the sweetest PM when she got my Secret Santa gift this past year. 

She always reminded me of my childhood best friend--seemingly tough on the outside, but so sweet underneath that.

I'll miss you, Drinn.

<3

Mavia    10

I'm very late to add to this.

I first met Drinn  right after I joined the Grim way back in the Vanilla Wow days. She was the leader of PVP at the time and I found myself hanging out with her every night for the next couple of years in Wow, and in other games after that.  We had a pvp team (that was not that successful, lol) called Super Wicked Badass, which included Deathshadow, Atticus, Kazgard, and others. We had our own RP guild, Scorn,  on the ill-fated Warhammer. (Still waiting for that perfect PVP mmo to come along, but oh well).

My last messages from her were asking me to come play Wow with the Grim again, and I just didn't have time to do it. But I wish I had made the time...

Drinn was charismatic as hell, funny, and a great PVPer. It's hard for me to imagine that she's gone.  Somebody please re-write this story.

/castredemption

Mavia