Sinlanna

The Mood Board Thread

Sinlanna    35

On the insistence of Shae bae, I am creating this thread for others who would like to participate in this mood board creation! There are plenty of places online to find templates if you have any skill whatsoever using photoshop.

Since some people have asked, this is my personal explanation of what a mood board is:

A mood board, or an aesthetic board, is a collection of images meant to give an overall impression of a theme using color and imagery tied to that theme. So for instance, Djara is a shaman who uses a lot of voodoo elements in her work, hence the voodoo bowls and the fetishes.

Make sure you write what character it is for whom you are creating the board! And also feel free to explain elements of the board if you like, but remember that the board is meant to give an impression of your character.

I'll repost mine for the sake of example:

Djara no Mueh'zala

Io1q35i.jpg

Cobrak Deadeye

fjzmuGx.jpg

• Like 1

Nikaa    24

I am going to do this! I'm probably going to start it tomorrow, but mood boards take time, so it may take a day or two to get one done. I also loved Sinlanna's idea of doing them to show your interpretation of other people (like she did for Cobrak), so I may try to do some for other people's characters, too. A visual of how I see them. :)

Nikaa    24
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3414[/ATTACH] Apologies for tiny tiny tiny photo, just click on it so you can, you know, actually see it. :P

3abc1e836264f5664b0b5c8aaeebc152.png

(I hate tiny pictures.) ;)

Xaraphyne    67

It occurred to me as I was doing this one that it'd be fun to do mood boards and not say who they were for, and see if people can guess. That said, this one is blindingly obvious, but hey, it's an idea.

Juli_moodboard-sm.png

The position of each of the pictures in this one is significant. And yes the bottom center one is for daddy issues.

Katrynne    44

Katrynne Simms

(This kinda turned into a storyboard rather than a mood board, but I like it, so I'm posting it anyway. :D I think I could have easily turned this into four separate mood boards. )

KatMoodBoard_zpsjxofcd3o.jpg