Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fidjit

New Paced Leveling Adventure: "For Keeshan!"

27 posts in this topic

CURRENT LEVEL: 26

NEXT DATE: Thursday, December 1st, 11:00 am Realm Time

Current Notes: We have quested into Stonetalon and our next quests will be, "Operation: Gnomecorder", and "Hellscreams Legacy". If you wish to join us, please have those quests at the ready and send a PM expressing your wish to play. we have room for 1, maybe 2 more players. 

URGENT NOTE: we will break for US Thanksgiving, so no pacer on November 24th. 

---------------------------------------  

IC TALES

"Moonshine Over Redridge" by Jebediah Bradferd

"Sleepless In Redridge" - A 'For Keeshan' Tale by Jenasis

"Previously on, For Keeshan!"

---------------------------------------

FOR KEESHAN!

Two years ago, I coordinated and ran a paced leveling group on Ravenholdt titled, 'Alas, Gilneas!' Beginning in the Worgen starter zone, we RP'd the entire event and then carried our stories into the world. The group lasted almost two years, meeting once per week for two hours at a time. Completely in character, we worked our way into all sorts of misadventures until real life put a halt to our meanderings. Now, the time has come to run another and I'm thrilled to be able to include the Twisting Nether this time.

I've been out of WoW for a few months finishing a novel. Now that it's off seeking representation, I have the time to return to the rp world I love and looking for some people to play with. On Ravenholdt, my main characters are Jarington and Stepanos.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR KEESHAN!

Therefore, for those interested in a different sort of ROLE PLAY experience, I'm pleased to offer up "For Keeshan!" - a comically serious, paced, 100% in-character RP adventure where players will live the events centered around John J. Keeshan and Bravo Company in Redridge. Once completed, we will venture forth into the world for revenge, with the ultimate, drunken goal of genocide of the entire Orc race, ending with an assault on Orgrimmar itself.

We all know that the Keeshan story arc is a ‘bit’ outside the Warcraft canon. However, it fits perfectly into the theme of this pacer. It’s based upon the ideology that the district of Redridge is filled with a more isolated sort of folks, ones that prefer Stormwind stay out of their business.

“Ta kill a snake, you gotta cut off its damned head!” sort of logic. Add ale to the mix and you get the idea. Imagine if Larry the Cable Guy was offered the job, how would he handle the situation? Or Ricky Bobby from Talladega Nights? Or Jeff Foxworthy in his comedy, “You might be a Redneck?”

WHAT IS A PACED LEVELING ADVENTURE?

PACED means we all agree to maintain a +/- 1 level with everyone in the party. We all start at the same level, then move through the world doing quests that align with the goal of the story. In this case, it’s getting revenge for Orcs killing Keeshan once we complete the story arc in Redridge.

100% IN CHARACTER: when the clock starts, we go full immersion and remain completely in character during the entire 2 hour session. For the most part, anyway. We will use /SAY and /EMOTE for all RP so others in the world can experience our story as well. In other words, no voice rp. Therefore, be prepared to type. Also, we don’t take off for typos, of which I am KING.

STORY, NOT GEAR: The pacer is about RP and creating story by playing the game. Gear is not the goal of this pacer. In fact, for this particular story, ‘green’ gear of any sort is almost out of character. We’ve barely a copper to our name, so having something more than a good sword or well-oiled rifle is too far. Certainly NO BOA’S allowed.

A point on gear. With a group of four or five, there is rarely a chance of dying if you are in white/gray gear. However, if you get caught alone, you might take a beating. This is more realistic and fun, to be honest. By all means have deep bags and spend gold on them. Also, if we go into instances, we can use heirlooms during those if needed.

Therefore, without further adieu, I offer you, “For Keeshan!”

Edited by Fidjit
Date, Time and current pace

SCENARIO:

You’re a typical citizen of Redridge and never been out in the world. Never wanted to, really. I mean, what does the world have that Redridge don’t? You have a place to stay, a tavern to guzzle ale and friends who’ll sit around a campfire with and talk about how Stormwind should mind their own business and leave folks in Redridge well enough alone. What you do appreciate about the King, is his military, and all the battles they fight while you swill beer – especially against the race you hate most: Orcs.

You might be an out of work logger, a part-time goretusk hunter or preacher at the local Church of Light. Don’t matter none, cause all Redridge folks is family – meaning folks not from Redridge are forn’ers, not to be trusted. You ain’t got much coin, and what you do have is probably spent buying cheap ale from the Lakeshire Inn. Life’s good and work is only to make living easy enough to get by. Your horse, though, is the best coin can buy and you dream of owning one of them fancy mechanohogs.

Then, out of the blue, you receive a letter asking you to come to the Townhall for some urgent business. Fearing it might be a tax collector (or some other shadowy agent of the King) wanting to take your hard earned coppers, you go and prepare to bow-up against the man.

Instead, you meet a well-dressed, smooth talking commander calling himself Colonel Troteman. Having a love of all things military, you listen:

“You ever heard of John Keeshan? I was his commanding officer throughout all three great wars. Let me tell you, that man has killed more orcs than any man alive. If anyone can stop the Blackrock orc invasion, it's JOHN J. KEESHAN. We need to get him to help us or Lakeshire will be nothing more than a mound of rubble and ash after that massive Blackrock Army marches through to Elwynn.

I heard he was fighting in the underground fight club at the Lakeshire inn. Find him and tell him everything you know.”

Damned straight! You’ve been to the fight club and love it. You’ve watched men beat themselves senseless, maybe even bet a copper or two on the outcome. Therefore, when you hear that one of the men is a famous warrior and he needs your help, you gather your beer, your buddies and tell them the story. Redridge blood boiling hot and thinned with Lakeshire Lager, you and your friends head to the fight club to convince Keeshan to fight.

Thus begins your adventure…

KEY POINTS:

START: LEVEL 18 (+/- 1 level). Your character should be leveled only to the point where this quest becomes available. You should not have any quality gear other than a good quality weapon (if that). Go white or grey or weak greens to transmog. With a group, it will make the fights more fun and there’s no worry about dying.

RACE: You SHOULD be Human. However, Gnomes and Dwarves are fine if you don’t mind ‘em bein’ called midgets and such. Elves should work as well, but not preferred. Maybe Worgen, but that might be too damned weird. If you can make it work, then we can. Draenai? Nope. Redridge don’t need no aliens.

We HATE Orcs. All orcs. All other Horde races we’ve never encountered; we probably hate them, too.

We’ve been living in isolation in Redridge, so any non-local news source will be seen as lies or Stormwind’s attempts to control us and keep us a’feared.

We aren’t the brightest stars in the sky. We’re superstitious and believe in conspiracy theories. At the same time, we’ve strong common sense and can fight like no one’s business. With enough beer in us, we can take Orgrimmar single handed.

WHAT IT WILL BE:

1) Weekly Group leveling + Heavy, immersive RP

2) Relaxed, cooperative, non-micro-managed atmosphere, centered around the story and how our players gain their revenge

3) VAST emphasis on character/story over gear/performance.

4) Slowish leveling & new, immersive way of looking at a familiar zone and quests

5) General flow of "Paced Storyline" will be my responsibility, with lots of room for flexibility and individual input/ideas by members.

REQUIREMENTS:

1) Willing to create a new character that is UNGUILDED

2) Commit to staying 100% IC during the specified pacer time

3) Commit to staying within +/- 1 level of the current Pace

a. The Pace is determined by where we stopped the previous week

4) ENCOURAGED (not required) to keeping a journal on the forums of your character's thoughts

a. A brief backstory is required before we launch. Stick to basics keyed to the pacer and let it grow

5) Commit to attending the 2 hour weekly event

6) BOA's or heirlooms are not allowed. Commit to leveling with gray/white gear. A green weapon is ok

7) Keep OOC drama out of the pacer

8) HAVE FUN

Edited by Fidjit

So there you have it, RP fans. If you're interested in playing, please post in the thread. There is no limit on the number of players. I'll launch when I have at least five commitments to play. I'm considering Sunday evenings at 7pm pacific time and run for 2 hours. Wednesday is another time I can play.

Cheers!

I don't know that I can devote any time to this with my schedule, but as much as Alas, Gilneas! looked like a blast, this does too! I'm sure anybody who joins in will thoroughly enjoy themselves.

Good to see you back, Jar!

Thanks, Kate! I've missed playing with all you guys!!!

I'd be interested, depending on the time. Sunday at 7 pacific is right around dinner time, same really for any day of the week, I might look at it when you have a timeframe to see if I can make it!

Reviving this topic for interest on TN & Ravenholdt. 

Okay, I've decided that I cannot play consistently at any time other than mornings. Therefore, I will run this then. I am looking for a minimum of FIVE (5) commitments before launching. When I have those five, we'll set a date and go. I will be posting this on the following forums: RAVENHOLDT, TWISTING NETHER, TN Gazette, SANCTUM. 

If I can't get enough to play, then I'm going to move it to Wyrmrest Accord and try there. However, due to the pvp aspect of this RP realm, I'd prefer it here. More drama, intensity, realism. 

DETAILS

DAY: Tuesday or Thursday
TIME: 11:00am REALM TIME (I live in Pacific, so this is about as early as I can go)
LENGTH: 2 hours, once per week
START DATE: when we have FIVE (5) commitments, then we'll go. 

A commitment is a post on this thread stating your intentions to play, as well as a character name/class and any brief info for that character. They are all from Redridge, so more than likely know one another based upon the Scenario.

Edited by Fidjit

My Character

Brother Jebediah Bradfer - Human Monk

I'm thinking he's a firebrand, itinerant preacher of the Light, railing against the Fel that has befallen the world. A heavy drinker with a hatred of Orcs. The rest can come from the RP

Hello again, lovely readers of the Twisting Nether Gazette!

It is I, Fidjit (aka Jarington from Ravenholdt), posting once again about my planned pacer. While many might not know me on this realm, I was a very active member of the Alliance on Ravenholdt before the merge. RL popped up and I had to fade a bit. 

I ran a previous pacer, "Alas, Gilneas!" from December of 2013 to July of 2015. We met regularly, once per week and occasionally had to cancel due to real life events. If you're interested in some of the adventures we had, here is a link to a thread I titled,  Previously, on Alas, Gilneas!  The reason I post the link is to give an idea of what it might be like and why you should consider joining. 

We have three and will begin soon. Of course, one can always join later, as it's an on going story. We'll be posting our adventures on the main forum page so others can see what we're up to. It's a fabulous way to have consistent and FUN RP. 

So, please consider playing along with us. We'd love to have you. 

Cheers

PS: Soon, Jenasis! Soon! Round up some playahs

For those who've signed up, we're looking to BEGIN next Thursday, October 13th.  Anyone else wishing to join us, please have your character leveled up to 18 and ready to take the Colonel Troteman quest. 

If you are interested and concerned about time/dedication requirements, don't be. Life happens, & is most important. There are no pacer police to toss you in the stockade. Play as long as you can, even if it's an hour, or every other week. S'all good. 

Therefore, here are the NEWLY minted details:

START DATE: October 13th
DAY: Thursday
TIME: 11:00am realm time 
LEVEL: 18 (+/- 1 level)

REQUIREMENTS:

A basic backstory for your Redridge-based character. Basic green gear and transmoged how you like it. Or, be bold and use all white/gray. 

Edited by Fidjit

Tomeya Summers (in-game:Tomeya)
Human Hunter

Well, her momma may've been some high and snooty lady took a liking to her poor daddy once, but there weren't no place for bastard kids in fancy-pants lands. The result of that passionate tussle in the stable loft showed up at his doorstep nine months later in the arms of 'ol Nanny.

Tomeya done growed all up, and is earning tips as a serving girl. Can't blame her for using the charms her momma musta gave her. If a drunkard gets too grabby, there's always daddy's shotgun to back them off, if she don't just sic her big-a** dog on 'em! She might have more brains than your average Redridger, but there's a lot to be said for upbringing. She's as hick as any of them and if you don't believe it, just go up against that girl in the annual turkey shoot. She's been winning that Pilgrim's Bounty bird since she were knee-high to a grasshopper, and she'll do it agin or her last name ain't Summers!

Edited by Derecho
I dun misspelt my own name! I don't read too good.
1 person likes this

Welcome Tomaya! 

I just returned myself Jaridjit. The last 2 role players I knew on RH were gone when I came back. So its just us and the nethers as far as I know :)

And I accidentally got 1% into level 19 when I turned in the last quest to open Colonel Troteman. You get swarmed with mobs doing it. I suggest picking up the quest at the Lakeshire town hall from Magistrate Solomon at level 18 approximately and not using any heirlooms to do that chain (I was 2 bars in).

1 person likes this

S'all good, Jen!  It's =/- 1 level of current. I'm half toward 19 myself. I saw how fast the bars were filling and ditched the BOA's during that chain as well. 

Jaridjit. That's funny. 

Also, there's no reason to not begin rp'ing in Lakeshire whenever you happen to be on. I've added everyone to my friends list, so if you see me on (I'm working on Jarington most times) say hi and I'll go redridge. 

CURRENT CAST & CHARACTER BIOS:

Brother Jebediah Bradferd - (in-game: Bradferd)
Human Monk

Brother Jeb's been brewing shine in Redridge since he was old enough to smash a pumpkin. It’s been a family tradition, dating back as far as any old timer could bother to recall. That bein said, he’s torn. His friend Charlie’s gone an become a paladin, and plans to hire on with the mysterious Col. Troteman; she wants Jeb to join her. Thing is, the only fight’s he’s be in were bar-room brawls and wackin’ wild hogs with his staff. 

‘Sides, he’s got a new batch a shine guaranteed to be legendary. How could he leave folks high an dry to help some for’ner like the Colonel? Ain’t that what those Stormwind Guards are for?

-------------------------------------

Ellie Webb - (in-game: Elliewebb)
Human Priest

Ain't nobody who hates orcs more than Ellie Webb. Newly widowed and freshly, uh, /separated/ from the Church after her husband's funeral, Ellie still keeps her faith with the Light for one reason: wiping out as many filthy green-skinned bastards as she possibly can. She's not all that particular about the hows and whys, just the last breaths.

Ellie doesn't care much about demons in faraway lands... far as she's concerned, there's plenty enough right here in Redridge to worry about.

--------------------------------------

Charolett “Charlie” Smith (in game Charolett)
-Human Paladin-

I always tinkered with the notion of bein a warrior when I weren't working in me Pa's blacksmith. That is until I got filled with the spirit at the Brewfest a few days ago. I were finishin me last tankard of free ale when I fell and hit me head on a rock. I seen brillant lights flashin before me eyes, before dwarf threw a bucket o water on me and ruined it.

I made me way to the fancy Church in Stormwind to tell the Holy people of me personal encounter with the light. I think they were jealous. They practically begged me to become a warrior anyway!

Angry with the so called holy folks, I left, but I “borrowed” one o the Paladin spell books on me way out. I will mail it back to them after I use it to clean up Red Ridge of those mud eating, slime skinned, pig stealing, demon loving orcs once and for all!

----------------------------------------

Tomeya Summers (in-game:Tomeya)
Human Hunter

Well, her momma may've been some high and snooty lady took a liking to her poor daddy once, but there weren't no place for bastard kids in fancy-pants lands. The result of that passionate tussle in the stable loft showed up at his doorstep nine months later in the arms of 'ol Nanny.

Tomeya done growed all up, and is earning tips as a serving girl. Can't blame her for using the charms her momma musta gave her. If a drunkard gets too grabby, there's always daddy's shotgun to back them off, if she don't just sic her big-a** dog on 'em! She might have more brains than your average Redridger, but there's a lot to be said for upbringing. She's as hick as any of them and if you don't believe it, just go up against that girl in the annual turkey shoot. She's been winning that Pilgrim's Bounty bird since she were knee-high to a grasshopper, and she'll do it agin or her last name ain't Summers!

Well done and great start, everyone! 

I'm posting an IC update under Nether Legends called "Previously, on For Keeshan" as well as noting the current level and location at the top of this thread. Anyone wishing to join at any time during our long lasting adventure, can find current information at the top of the OP on this thread. 

Edited by Fidjit
Update Current Conditions
1 person likes this

Great fun, everyone! We're now official members of Bravo Company and walloping Orcs, Gnolls and everything else lurking round Redridge. I've updated the OP to reflect the current situation, location and quest we're on. See you guys next week, same Redridge time, same Redridge channel!

FOR KEESHAN!

(( This has been awesome to follow! :-) I think this is a great RP idea, and while I really only play 1 character and don't do much alt RP etc, I have been keeping track of this, I think its great! Rock on! ))

1 person likes this

Thanks, Cavanaugh!

We're having a ton of fun with it. A bit silly, a bit serious and a great look at what being heroic really means. So often, we blow through quests to get to max level, gain epic gear, experience end game content, etc. - especially if you've been playing this game for a few years. What a pacer allows us to do is to 'smell the roses' so to speak; dig into the existing story from the very early stages of a character's choice to 'step up' and save Azeroth. Slow down, as the Panderans are so fond of saying. 

Also, because we are using the most basic of gear, it creates a sense of danger - which adds to the realism. A 'toon' fully equipped in state of the art BOA's could kill everything in a zone without blinking an eye. However, by playing in the moment, we get to ask the question of realism. Would Brother Jeb, with his leather pants, wacking stick and limited experience of the combat, attack 30 orcs at one time? 

Ah, no. In fact, he's had to be coerced into attacking ONE. 

And this is where the magic of a pacer lies. 

Thanks again for the compliments, and keep on reading!!!!

-Jarington & Co. 

We had a full house this morning, with all five of our players fighting the Blackrock Invasion into Redridge. Between now and next week, I'll post the next direction and take lead for the pacer. I'll be posting a 'leadership' schedule, so every one of us has the opportunity to help direct the story. We've made a guild, so be sure and pick up your guild tabard. The name is, "of Bravo Company"  

Edited by Fidjit

Hello again, Keeshan Fans!

---------------------------------

For next week (November 3rd), we have a few options that point us in the right direction. Since the goal is vengeance and eradication of the orc population with extreme prejudice (to quote Troteman), we'll need to maintain that course throughout. 

Currently, our "Heroes Quest" from the King has us going into Duskwood to stop wolves and worgen. Not relative to the mission of Bravo Company. However, by traveling through there, we end up in Stranglethorn. Once again, not much in alignment with our goal, but it does leads us to Booty Bay, where we can take a boat to Ratchet and invade Kalimdor through the Barrens: Orc Central. This is option ONE

Option TWO: I gathered another King's Quest that sends us to Ashenvale to fight.... ORCS. A real war, one quite relative to the continuation of Bravo Company. We travel by boat to the base of Darnassus, catch a flight to Darkshore and make our way into the warzone that is Ashenvale. From there, it's into the Stonetalon Mountains,  into the North and South Barrens. We can then go into Dustwallow Marsh. Lots of killing orcs, lots of warfare and all on a different continent; a long way from home.  

Option THREE: We travel through the Dwarven kingdoms to reach the Wetlands, then travel into the Arathi Highlands. These zones are mixed bags, with not only orcs, but trolls, ogres and other creatures - including the Cenarion Circle presence to bring balance. we'll get a chance to meet the Forsaken (which we've never seen), kill tons of trolls and eventually end up in the Plaguelands, where the Scourge reigns supreme. 

Option FOUR: Anything else I didn't consider, and falls within the scope and scale of the pacer. 

Eventually, we will travel through the broken gate, attack the Searing Gorge and Blackrock Mountain - the penultimate goal of Bravo Company. 

-------------------------------

As you can see, there's plenty of opportunities for amazing stories to emerge, fabulous RP and interesting twists & turns. Therefore,  consider what YOUR character would want to do, what is most important for them and where they would want to go as one of five surviving members of Bravo Company. There is no need to respond in this thread. We'll save it for IC conversation next week. Or during the time between if any log in at the same time. 

When we meet again, it's hoped you spent time considering what your character would want to do, and willing to convince the others (IC of course) that this is the right path for the entire group. 

Thanks everyone! We're off to kill the Orc King!

Edited by Fidjit

And another epic session is in the books, leaving our redridge rednecks relaxing in the lavender lands of Ashenvale - a place filled with purple folk, sportin pointy ears. One thing is clear: they ain't in Redridge, no more.

IC stories and updates coming soon. See y'all next week!

Another episode in the books, and our 'Ridgers are basking in the firebombed town of Astranaar. After tearing through the Orc forces at Maestra's Post, they feel they are the greatest champions on the world and ready to take on an entire Horde town. This should be good. 

See y'all next week!

2 people like this