Marrus_Luminus

[A} [Yet-To-Be-Named Coalition of Guilds]

IF we went with it, the trial period idea would prevent gaming the system as a reaction to a particular topic being discussed. Something simple, like "You don't get to vote the first time your guild attends a meeting." might not be too much to ask. However, mostly I feel like Siané on this.

Something simple, like "You don't get to vote the first time your guild attends a meeting." might not be too much to ask.

That's what I was thinking. I think just observing/commenting during the first meeting after a new guild joins is a good idea, so folks can get a feel for how things work before they start voting. And the rest of the Coalition can get a feel for them, in that first meeting and in the community for those first couple of weeks.

Would phrase it as "First meeting is for contributing discussion only" rather than "You don't get to vote", though ;)

Another topic I remember being brought up last meeting was the roleplay behind the coalition. There is a lot of demand for in-character story to be decided on or actions to be taken at this point. Other than the communicators being handed out to some folks, has any progress been made on this front? My understanding is that there is a roleplay team of some kind supposed to be handling this?

Cup and Blade Caravan: Tuuroto

Eternal Aegis: Moriggy

Invictus Sanctum: Illiana

Jade Lion: Danariel

Twilight Empire: Skylah

Though to be fair, there are a few storylines going off right now that could serve as an intro to proving the importance for such a coalition in character. Namely, Skylah's story arc and Illiana's. Every guild in the coalition seems to be participating in one form or another. Perhaps the delegates listed above can coordinate a little more to get the ball rolling on this?

Regarding the current topic du juor: Mature Content

As far as the coalition goes, this topic may fall under the mature language rule. Perhaps the language of that rule should be changed from, to :

3. Respect the mature language guidelines as defined by the organizer of a group or event.

3. Respect the mature content guidelines as defined by the organizer of a group or event.

This would include sexual themes, extreme violence, and other things I may have overlooked.

Does anyone out there disagree or have something to add?

I believe it should actually be expounded on a little further, according to some of the principles that were established in the mentioned thread. Not too much, because these guidelines will work best if they are general and indicate a respect for the thoughtfulness of our members, but I think it should include something to the effect of ensuring there is consent before proceeding with maturely themed roleplay. This would be opposed to just adhering to stated restrictions, which is how the guideline reads as suggested, and which puts the burden on others to name what they are comfortable with ahead of time and constantly and consistently, which is unreasonable. The burden should be on the person initiating such content.

I propose, open to suggestions of modifications for clarity,

"Respect that mature content may not be welcomed by everyone, and ensure that all players present are comfortable with such content before initiating it."

There is now a Groups button on the main navigation bar, and a widget on the main forum page under the mini threads feed to show a Groups feed (when you are a member of a group and there are any recent posts). While the layout for the Groups main page leaves a bit to be desired, we're on track to making a group a much more viable option for Coalition coordination.

Everyone, please be aware that all policy and planning discussion that was previously done in this thread has moved to the Coalition group. There are threads for PvP, PvE, and RP, and a Main thread for general Coalition discussion as well. Please join the group if you haven't, and use the "Groups" button at the top of the forum to check the group regularly. Groups posts will also show up in the "What's New?" feed if you use that.

Should we ask that this thread be locked?