Marrus_Luminus

[A} [Yet-To-Be-Named Coalition of Guilds]

Recommended Posts

It was a great turnout, appreciate everyone who made it.

Things to be discussed:

-Ground rules we can all agree to.

-Alternative ways that we will communicate both in character and OOC.

-Start early stages of cross-guild arcs

-Moriggy Stonefeather {Eternal Aegis}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a IC channel should be made for the members of this Alliance, like a hearthstone,radio etc.

I also made forums on this on the WoW forums and Sanctum which are as follows.

For those who missed it, last Monday the RH/TN community pulled together and a had meeting about the status of the server. As most of you know, WoW has seen a devastating drop in subscriptions, and being a already low population server, we will be affected more then any other. Many good ideas were thrown around on how to deal with this situation and one being was the idea to have a RP coalition between the guilds on RH/TN. As we stand right now, the remaining Alliance side RP guilds are few in numbers (five by my count) and have a very small active player base for the most part. The idea as I understand it, is to attempt to band the remaining guilds together (not merging the guilds, but network them) much like a gaming community would.

Personally I think this is a wonderful idea for the guilds and the players on the server to get to better know one another and connect. This also opens the window for more RP opportunities because so far as I understand it, this will also be in character. I believe if done right, this will better structure our events and bring outside people interested in RP together. Raids, Arenas, RBG's, Dungeons, questing, events, story arcs and character development would also be made much easier and manageable. On top of all of that, this would be a great way to get your guilds information out there and grow.

For those interested, we will be having our second meeting Monday at 8pm server time (contact me via mail for invite). We had a amazing turn out last night and hopefully this will grow into something much more down the road with the help and support of the community. Please feel free to leave any questions comments or concerns below, currently I believe we are still working on a name, so put in your thoughts! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would we be interested in making a new Master Invitation list? Similar to http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?22975-The-NEW-TNG-Master-Invite-List ? I see that many of us are on there, but some players have moved on, and some of us have new alts that might be better suited. This would be for RP events. We could also make separate threads for RBGs and Raids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What will probably be a lot easier is inviting the guild reps to each event and then they can invite their guild members. Invite only allows up to 100 people. Then you can invite the ones who want to come but their guild isnt interested. Much less typing and clicking involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great suggestion, Illi. Moderator status will be given to guild reps to accommodate this. Those not in an RP guild need simply whisper any of the moderators on the master invite list or visit this page for updates on events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it helps, for my non-RP guild, I simply make a guild announcement- basically a copy of the event to be held. I include in the description who to contact for an invite to the real event, that way everyone who might be interested can see there is something going on, but the host's list won't get clogged with every alt toon in my guild and those who would never RP ever.

(Just a random hordie over here, don't mind me...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have plans myself for spending a bit more time blue-side, seeing what's shaking for Alliance RP and doing my part to make sure the community's solid on both sides of the fence!

I just need to find the time for it X.x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm pro-community not pro-faction!

*continues to exist almost entirely on one faction despite his words*

Very well said my dear!

Though... <horde gang signs>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, getting this thread back on topic- I just want to say that I'm so happy to see things picking up Alliance side. It looks like you're all putting a lot of effort into rebuilding the community- thank you for that! I have some Alliance friends that have been on the fence about resubbing, so I'm sending them to this thread. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to drop in and say that we are discussing things within TE to try and get a collective post from everyone to put up for ya'll. Trying to cut down on the clutter, hope to have a post for you soon. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,

This is the current agenda for the next coalition meeting, on the 12th. I will explain each point in more details below. To ensure shorter and more organized meetings, I ask that everyone who has an opinion on these points voice it here so that these might be discussed before the meeting.

4th coalition meeting

Hosted by Twilight Empire

Darnassus entrance arch, 7:30 server time

  1. Coalition structure proposition
  2. IC standing (What is the IC coalition?)
  3. Coalition principles
  4. Voicechat
  5. Varia

Coalition structure proposition:

As things are, we have a rough structure mapped out for the coalition, with three committees figuring prominently to make plans pertaining to various aspects of the game and a (for now) weekly meetings where we discuss... things. I would like for us to formalize some of this in a more precisely defined structure, so that a new guild looking into the coalition would be able to easily find out exactly how things are done around here.

Considering the coalition's stated goals, transparency is an important consideration for us. Furthermore, because membership and vote are per guild, we will have a relatively low number of member entities. These factors lead me to recommend that decisions pertaining to the coalition always be taken through the main meeting of all the member guilds. In doing so, we ensure that if a course of action is suggested, everyone has the opportunity to react to it.

That being said, it's in our interest to avoid overloading the meetings with debates on every issue (because that's the best way to make sure nobody wants to get involved in them). Forums are one of the most useful tools for discussion, and we should not be afraid to use them. By using this thread (or another one, for that matter), issues can be brought up in advance and discussed, debated, amended, etc. before the meeting. This allows us to use the meeting to quickly summarize the various positions on a topic before moving on to the vote because people will have a week (or more) to make their opinions known through the forums.

In such a system, the committees would serve mostly the same function: to come up with ideas for things the guilds can collaborate on, and organize events and projects. They can present their work at the meetings so everyone can be informed of what the coalition has cooking

TL;DR: Submit topics for the meeting in advance, discussion is only in the forums, decision is only in the meetings. Committees come up with projects and ideas and present them at the meetings. This should all be written down clearly and visibly so people know how things work.

IC standing:

If the coalition is to have an IC component, then it's a natural thought that the discussions leading up to it also be IC. Ultimately, it is up to us to take the time during the meeting to have this IC discussion and to actually set something down. I will not make suggestions as to what that should be, because that would be taking what should be an IC discussion on OOC terms. However, I will point out the things I would like to be established by the end of our meeting, in order of importance:

  • The coalition's IC goals and/or purpose
  • The coalition's roster (if that is not every OOC member)
  • A rough picture of the internal workings of the coalition (how much of our resources we pool, what is expected from or provided to members, etc.)
  • The coalition's status within the Alliance (what kind of power do we wield, how we are regarded, etc.)
  • The coalition's IC view of/relation with the biggest players on Azeroth (the Alliance, the Horde, neutral factions like the Argent Dawn)

Not everything here needs to be hashed out, but the more we can establish right away, the more stable we will be going forward.

Coalition principles:

I think it would be wise for us to establish the principles we want the coalition to adhere to as early as possible. This should serve as something of a promise between the members guilds, something that we can refer to later on down the road to remind us of what we should be aiming for. A couple minutes of thought gave me two such principles I think we need to guarantee in the future, but this is by no means a complete list of what we should aim for. I invite you to add to this, or express your disagreement if that's the case.

  • Inclusivity: This coalition is meant to bring us together. Every guild who wishes to should be able to participate in whichever manner they want to.
  • Freedom: This coalition is not meant to impose any rules on its member guilds. Guilds have no obligation to actively participate to the coalition meetings, to be part of its IC component, or to show up to sponsored events.

Voicechat

Some of the people attending the meetings have expressed to me that they either do not want to or simply cannot use voicechat at these events. In keeping with our goal of being inclusive, it would then make sense to at least have most of the meat of our meetings in in-game chat. This has the added benefit of making logging easier if we need to go over what was said later. Please speak up if you are opposed to this.

Varia

A varia is a catch-all "miscellaneous" point meant to allow people to bring up topics that were not planned on the agenda for a meeting.

Once again, please think on these points and answer in this thread with your thoughts, additions or objections. This will give us more time and will allow us to have a deeper discussion before we have to make decisions pertaining to these topics. You should also feel free to mention any additional topic you would like added to the agenda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now