Karthok

Karthok

Name: Karthok Deathrage

Nickname(s): The Butcher, Stormreaver’s Hound

Race: Orc

Clan: Warsong

Class: Assassin

Affiliations: The 37th Infantry, the Kor’kron

Special Possessions: His remaining limbs?

Occupation(s): Spy, Assassin, Leatherworker

Known Languages: Orcish (and a couple other ones but since Orcs can only speak Orcish unless they’re Mages I guess he only knows Orcish)

Skills: Good at stalking, apprentice leatherworker, pretty decent at murdering folks, expert kidnapper and torturer.

Combat Tactics: Tends to stick to the shadows, attacks with quick precise strikes aiming for unarmored and vulnerable areas, applies debilitating poisons to his weapons, will blind, pull hair, spit, bite and “cheat” by any means possible, expert with daggers, throwing knives and swords.

Likes: Torturing people, gathering information, stalking, hunting, dogs, Death Knight Metal, steak, onions, rain, snow, night,

Dislikes: Two-headed dogs, fire, Blood Elves, Tauren, sunny days, demons, Deadshots

Pet Peeves: People who eat with their mouth open.

Phobias/Weaknesses: Terrified of fire.

Physical Description: Karthok’s a bit shorter and skinnier than most Orcs, standing at 6’2”, weighing in at 250lb. He’s twenty-two but looks older, mostly because of the scars and the horrible burns covering most of his body/face plus the metal teeth. Karthok’s eyes are blood red and usually conveying the look of a madman. A tattoo of a skull burning with blue fire and a knife in it’s forehead inscribed 37th is on his right upper arm. Usually armored in black leather with various slots for knives and the like. His left arm is completely made of blackrock iron because you know, it has to be a stealthy artificial limb. The same goes for his legs which are iron from just above the kneecap down.

Personality: Karthok doesn’t have much of a moral code. He doesn’t have any problems with killing or torturing people. Karthok generally seems like he’s examining whoever he’s talking to or interacting with. He’s crazy, he can act kind, sweet, caring. But in reality Karthok is a homicidal maniac who will stop at nothing to get what he wants.

Brief History: Karthok was born a year after the Warsong retreated into the caves after the Second War. He grew up with his older sister Shokkra, his father Azilrog and his mother (insert orcess name here). He took the style of the rogue, preferring to take the route less traveled by Orcs and especially his family that comprised solely of Warriors and a handful of Hunters. He butted heads with his father frequently until Azilrog left one day, becoming a hermit in the mountains. Karthok and his sister later joined the military, becoming part of the 37th Infantry.

"I dunno 'ow 'e damn well survived 'avin' 'is legs chewed, half 'is face smashed, an' left in a burning Great Hall seonds fore it tumbled ta ash...but I do know one thing..." Cobrak snarls flipping his knife out as though to threaten the interviewer. "'E'll not survive me again."

Siané looks alarmed when Karthok is mentioned. She winces and presses hand to the side of her head. "He's... he's scary," she says. "I don't think he cares about... anything."

Aaren looks to the inquirer with a blank expression that slowly warps into one that reads as 'are you really seriously asking me this?' before she walks away.

"He used to call me 'darlin'," Syreena answered with a fond little smile.  "He was Grim for a short time.  I thought he and I could have a lot of fun together, you know?  Err, not that kind of fun, you pervert.  Don't look at me like that.  No, like the kind of fun me and Lucion used to have--hunting people, sneaking around places we shouldn't be.....you know, that kind of fun.

"I got worried when I found out he was trying to summon ancient powers, but he said it was to destroy Sanctuary, and after Sanctuary tricked me and interrogated me that last time, I decided to work with Karthok to end them.  He even gave me my own private assassin for whatever I wanted."  The little rogue frowned sadly.  "But the assassin failed on the first target I sent him after, got captured by Sanctuary, and then they killed him.

"Anyway, eventually Karthok seemed to forget about me, so I guess he was just using me.  I'm not sure if he was ever really my friend."

Syreena shrugged and walked away.

Edited by Syreena