Cobrak

Full Name: Cobrak Deadeye

Titles or Nicknames: Cob, Deadeye Scion, The General, Bigboss Dino

Race: Orc

Hair: Black

Eyes: Red

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 201 lbs

Notable Physical Features: Missing right eye, left fang broken, multiple lash scars across back

Place of residence: Dragonmaw Port

Place of Birth: Swamp of Sorrows

Known Relatives: Pythral (Sister); Vipra and Malrak Deadeye (Parents); Kilrogg Deadeye (Paternal Uncle); Anock, Gerus, Aarie (Nephews/Niece), Nok and Geryal (Time Traveling Nephew and Niece), Djara (Mate)

Religion/Philosophy: Family is what matters most, where blood doesn't matter.

Known Associates: Sinlanna and Dora Arath'dorei, Megeda Dustrunner, Faelenor and Amalyn Rayfeather, Naheal Malastar, Xaraphyne Nawe, Paiyuna

Known Nemesis: Morinth, Karthok Deathrage, Syreena Shadowblade

Special Skills: Expert Tracker, Knows Anatomy of most sentient creatures and beasts, can belch up to seven generations of Deadeye chieftains

Positive Personality Traits: Loyal and trusting to those he perceives as friends, very good sense of humor, can be quite playful at times, quick to befriend

Negative Personality Traits: Reckless, quick to anger and slow to forgive, it is very easy to get on his bad side and stay there, tends to be prejudiced against elves and forsaken, a drunkard, boisterous, brutal and vindictive

History: Born within the Swamp of Sorrows during the calm between the First and Second War, Cobrak was brought into the Bleeding Hollow clan soon after his parents left behind the original Draenor. He would enjoy a traditional orcish life here for a few years, even adding a sister along the way. However, this would not last, as when the Horde was forced back by the Alliance forces after the devastating loss of Doomhammer during the Battle of Blackrock. Cobrak and many of his clan were captured to become prisoners to the humans.

Unfortunately, the Bleeding Hollow received the rawest deal of them all, for they were assigned to internment camps within Kul Tiras territory. The sea-faring human nation was cruel beyond notion to their orcish prisoners as they forces them into slave labor within the multitudes of island mines scattered about their kingdom. One such mine lay upon the island of Iridine, a short boat ride from the shores of Lordaeron, and where Cobrak and his family ended up.

The young orc witnessed many horrors wrought upon his people, as they were reduced to pack animals as the plague of lethargy broke out amongst his kind. Years passed this way, the Hollow becoming as their namesake, their very pride bleeding into the gutters as they became nothing more than hollow husks, mindless and broken.

Cobrak, now a young teenager, watched in horror as his mother was taken by two amorous guards whilst his father, the acclaimed brother of their fallen chieftain, sat in his own filth and watched them drag her away. The young orc refused to bear witness to such a display, and killed the two guards when they were away from the others. This did not bode well with the other humans, and Cobrak was jailed, to be whipped and beaten with nary a respite. Days passed when news reached the camps that a young orc was raiding the camps, liberating his people. This Thrall was not far away, and the Kul Tirans agreed that it be better to purge their camps rather than risk them being set free. Vipra returned to her son during the chaos that ensued when the humans began the purge, the lethargy that the rest of the clan did not spurn her spirit these long years. She had managed to make way on an escape route under the wall, but there was room only enough for her children, time being her enemy that she could not widen it for herself. Cobrak fled the camp with his sister, as fires consumed the camp along with his clan.

The two would have died in the wilds of Lordaeron if not for a wandering mercenary having found them. Broden Cindergut, a Dark Iron dwarf, found and took them into his roaming band of mercenaries, The Blackshots. It was here Cobrak learned to shoot, swing an axe, tame a beast, and skin a man. Cobrak and Pythral served with the Blackshots for a time, well past the time of the Third War and the foundation of Orgrimmar...that is, until a human named Morinth and her brother Jaster joined the band.

Over time, Cobrak and Morinth grew close, especially after a particularly bloody affair fighting against the Scourge within the Plaguelands. After saving each other multiple times, the two entered a relationship for the next year.

During a mission into Blackrock some time later however, Morinth betrayed the group and killed Broden, revealing herself and her brother to be SI:7 agents. They had been hunting Broden for working with the Horde during the First and Second War. Morinth, as well, framed Cobrak for the deed and turned the Blackshots on him. During the melee, Cobrak killed Jaster by cutting his head with one of his axes before tossing it into one of the mountain's molten pools. He also managed to recover Broden's rifle, and escape the trap with Pythral and a few Blackshots who were loyal to him (Jehosephine, Rhuune, Brammorn, and Tazzuk). Morinth and Cobrak have been hunting each other ever since.

The two found sanctuary within the Horde, and Cobrak formed a similar group to the Blackshots, save that his was completely loyal to the Horde whereas the Blackshots denied any involvement with either faction. It was during this time he met the Rough Raiders, led by a crusty orc named Vyzelok. Cobrak would serve under them for many years, from the opening of the Dark Portal to when they all mysteriously vanished after Cobrak got lost in the Alliance-Horde War after the Cataclysm.

Cobrak joined the Grim during the Pandarian War, having made friends with the obnoxiously adorable Lilliana Bloodshine and entering a drinking/puking contest with Khorvis Bloodstar.

However, during the Iron Horde invasion, Cobrak followed many of the Horde to Draenor to fight this new threat. It was here Cobrak came face-to-face with Malrak Deadeye at his prime, and in the struggle, Malrak poisoned Cobrak with a Bleeding Hollow poison that was thought to be lost in our timeline. Though the initial symptoms were cured, it was a poison that afflicted his very connection with the Wild, thus affected his beast companions as well.

During this time, Cobrak founded the small garrison of Broden'ar within Nagrand to house his band of mercenaries. Using this base, he tried his best to carry on despite the strange illness, but it finally reached a peak when his spirit would not heed the call of a healer after falling in what was supposed to be a bloodless duel between him and a certain troll priestess. His time's Kilrogg had spoken to him, and withheld his soul from his body. He told him that Cobrak must be accepted by the spirits of the Hollow, as that would be the only way to cleanse himself of what ailed him. To do so, he must do as all member of his bloodline do, sacrifice an eye to gain a vision of death.

Cobrak refused to participate in Kilrogg's ritual and instead opted on one piecemealed from various Hollow lore. The ritual backfired when it called forth Kilrogg's spirit, which possessed his body and kidnapped him from the startled onlookers to where his own eye was given.

Here, Kilrogg showed Cobrak his numerous fears of dying; from dying like his father in a heap of pity and despair; from dying like his mentor from a friend's betrayal; or from dying a prisoner within the Alliance camps like his mother. With this, Kilrogg's spirit left Cobrak's body to decide...and he chose to sacrifice his eye.

Cobrak became Cobrak Deadeye that night.

Cobrak fought longside the Grim well into the Draenor campaign, however, over time began to see more and more of what the Mandate truly meant by annihilation when he saw several Grim attack other members of the Horde without due cause, or for minor problems. A supporter of sparing Alliance children, as well as his regard sometimes favoring non-Grim over his own guildmates, caused a stirring of resentment for him within the Grim.

When the ancient Accallia awoke and began cursing people, Cobrak tried as he could to aid those afflicted as best he could; during this time, he met and befriended a great many new people. Such as Breygrah Ragetotem, who he would come to see as a trusted companion. When Breygrah killed the Grim Supplicant Konro in Ma'gora, however, things began to turn turbulent when the orc vowed to protect his friend from all manner of retribution, even from his own guild. He openly threatened his former High inquisitor, Syreena, for making violent passes at the tauren. When Breygrah was captured and subsequently tortured by the insane orc, Karthok Deathrage and his 34th brigade; Cobrak led a daring assault with his Deadshots and several other allies to liberate her, and in the battle, slew Karthok by having his pet Kain chew off his legs before leaving him in a collapsing great hall that was near to burn down. Cobrak went on to join the allied forces to fight Accallia and end the curse.

As the fighting in Draenor moved on to the Blackrock clan, Cobrak soon learned of a poison called Hollowrot, brewed by his clan of the Bleeding Hollow. The recipe of which was a monstrous crippling sensation of a target's nervous system, which Cobrak sought to curry favor with his superiors by presenting. However, after raiding the Hollow camps and stealing the drug, he came to regret his decision when the druid Kerala was beaten senselessly to near death by his Grim cohorts. Distrust turned into outright dislike for his cohorts and Cobrak stole the poison whilst under disguise.

This attracted a deeper evil, as Morinth surfaced once more, stealing the drug whilst Cobrak's forces were elsewhere. Morinth's returns heralded a new darkness over the Horde as she manipulated several important members of the Horde, subverting them with her will and cunning. One such plot against the Grim resulted in the death of Cobrak's longtime ally and friend, Whazat. Cobrak himself left to hunt the bitch alone, leaving behind his Grim duties to make sure Morinth would die for good. Utilizing a strange magic, Morinth has somehow gained the ability to control and create numerous dopplegangers of herself, and had assembled a small criminal empire of dark magic and cunning. Utilizing Fel Reaver technology to create her own abomination which could launch Hollowrot bombs and payloads; resurrecting her brother Jaster into a massive flesh golem; nothing seemed too evil for the human to conspire.

Eventually, Morinth managed to kidnap Lilliana, spurring her niece Xaraphyne to action. Xaraphyne and Cobrak soon found themselves working together, only to fall prey to Morinth's machinations and became captured, only to be tortured for the sheer pleasure of it. In time, with the aid of Borrowed Time, the Grim, and Sanctuary forces working together, Morinth's power base was shattered; and Cobrak freed himself to kill the original Morinth by slamming her head into a pit of molten slag, destroying both her and the artifact she used to create her clones.

Unfortunately, the end did not come soon enough, as Morinth had been revealing to be working with a black dragon of immense power, Serinar. Cobrak, during this time, saw more and more of the Grim fall into chaos and lash out wildly at any non-Grim, and Cobrak himself became closer to the mercenary company Borrowed Time, run by his newfound friend Naheal Malastar. Soon, his interactions with Naheal led him to meet Sinlanna Arath'dorei, a cunning blood elf with a daughter named Isadore; with his nephew Anock becoming best friends with the girl and Cobrak visited the BT base more, he soon developed a paternal affection for the little elven lass.

This would prove to be long-lasted as a series of time-travelers arrived to warn of dire consequences should Serinar be ignored. A grown Isadore, Anock, and several other children arrived under Isadore's leadership, bringing with them news of their time's destruction at the hands of Serinar, and a brewing civil war between the Grim and Sanctuary. Whilst aiding Borrowed Time with these endeavors, Cobrak suffered a devastating wound while protecting the younger Isadore from the First Son, a orcish dragon hybrid who had followed the time-travelers from the future, worse still this was the being which had slew the Cobrak of their time. The hunter was forced to recuperate slowly within the Borrowed Time base, whilst the world went to pot.

Cobrak awoke to find his Deadshot Ny'shra had been nearly killed by Syreena, and thus in a fit of rage, Cobrak gave one last threat to the undead before ripping off his tabard before her, and stomping it into the snow. Cobrak left the Grim to join the Borrowed Time company. Eventually, Serinar was defeated, the timelines secured, however, the travelers were forced upon this new time, and thus made to stay with the company. It was here he rekindled an old romance with Djara, the younger sister of his former Deadshot Tazzuk, the two blossoming into a romance, and soon, marriage.

Eventually, Cobrak would have more and more significance within the company, soon taking over as Boss when Naheal mysteriously vanished during the rise of the Dreadlord conspiracy. Cobrak gave much needed support to his flailing company. With his newfound family, Cobrak reconfigured the company to better suit their ideals, and soon moved them to a new base outside of Draenor into an old smuggler's port within the Twilight Highlands, renaming it to Dragon's Roost Port.

Cobrak lead Borrowed Time forces against the Legion, alongside their tentative allies of Sanctuary. He has faced many hardships, including being tortured by the demon hunter Lazhio and involving himself with another coming of Accallia and her new Herald, Karthok. He also stirred up trouble with the Alliance when he led a massive takeover of an Alliance gunship that was stealing from the Horde forces in Stormheim. He also has been aiding in efforts against Sargeras' minions within the Burning Throne of Argus. All of this combined with his juggling of a romance he kindled with the elven assassin Sinlanna.

Edited by Cobrak

Juli frowns faintly at mention of the Grim hunter. "He seems to care about his own," she says after a moment, "but no one in the Grim has judgment that can be trusted."

"He's a good hunter. I enjoy killing Alliance and Iron Horde with him" Syreena says, thoughtful for a moment. "I don't know him all that well, but I I worry he may have split loyalties between The Grim and his Deadshots. It might cause problems for him someday."

Xara grins. "He ain't the smartest, but he's loyal. Like a dog!" Then she shakes her head, and adds, more warmly, "Cobrak's all right. Hides a lot behind that boistrous exterior... He really worries about his friends and family."

"Cobrak?" Sin asks with a head tilt, wisps of hair gently falling from her bun. "Well, there's plenty to say about that one. He's an enormous fan of gnome stew, for one thing. For another, he and I share the cornerstone of of our priorities- that of family. I trust him with my daughter the same way I would trust her with myself. He's also resilient. Takes an entire tranquilizer meant for a small kodo calf like it was a calming draught of peacebloom tea." She seems happy to go on, perched on the edge of a brick wall and swinging her legs back and forth. "He's finally come to his senses, understand where he belongs and such. Laughs off scars and lacerations that could make others weep for years. And," she lowers her voice, grinning like a succubus, "he's apparently an absolute beast in bed. Ask the Draenei dancers in World's End."

"I liked Cobrak. I got to work with him once, during the rescue operation for Lilliana and some others. He's one of the few that would talk to me. He used to call me Rookie. I liked the nickname. I was disappointed when he turned on us, and left." -Shaelie

Faelenor smiles. "In the short time that I have known Borrowed Time, I have grown to consider him a part of my family. His belief, over all other companies that I have carried the banner for, is the closest I've ever known to compare with my own. Family before anything or anyone else. What we do, we do for us and ours. Cobrak considers me a brother before he ever considers himself my boss, and for that he has earned my loyalty..." He pulls out a pipe from his satchel. "My wife and I trust him to keep our families safe, as he would us to do the same for him. Even surrounded by a harsh environment and dangerous enemies, I could not think of a safer homestead then the one Cobrak helped grow. Perhaps in time I can lend my knowledge to continue the growth of our community." With those last words spoken, Faelenor lets out of puff of smoke and bows before walking away.

Megeda sets the heavy crate down and eyes the interviewer warily before responding, "He's my Chieftain. He did not demand my loyalty, he did not command my respect, and he did not ask for anything in return for the kindness he showed me. He earned it, all of it." He hefts the crate up onto the top of the pile of other crates and wipes his brow. " He flies by the seat of his pants in most situations, lives with his heart on his sleeve, and his antics have earned him several enemies; but more than that, his personal magnetism makes him a natural leader for the company. I wish I had his confidence." He dusts his hands off on his pants before folding his arms and looking down at the one asking questions. " He saved my life and turned me from a worthless junkie into a respectable member of the company. That should tell you enough about what sort of orc he is."

"Hah! Oh Cobs, onna me oldest friends an' pals." A high-pitched giggles follows, her legs kicking back and forth with a wide grin. "I nevah known someone ta be so carin' yet brutal in his works, an' be da only guy I trust now'days ta lead inta battle......even if he be a ragin' cleftah o' a man!"

A soft smile comes to Amalyn's face, "Cobrak.. one of the first leaders in a lot time I feel I can wholly dedicate myself to. My husband and I share the same thoughts and goals with him and have created a somewhat extended family within his company. I trust him not only to keep me and the others safe, but my family as well. And my daughter is just enamored by how strong he is and loves playing with all the other children in the base." She laughs lightly at that, truly at ease. "A very good man to follow, most likely will for quite some time.

"When Cobrak left The Grim.. it hurt way more than it would have if it had been most other people. There was something about him- I'm not sure if it's that he reminded me of someone, or just something I could sense about him. But had he stayed- I have a feeling he's one that I would have held in very high regard, and someone I'd look up to. I'm sad that I never got the chance to really know him." -Shaelie

"The fact that Borrowed Time's leader lacks one eye entirely should say much about its vision for the future. I do not trust Cobrak as a person, nor do I trust in his responses to events. He is needlessly cruel at the drop of hat, and engages in activities that are horrific and only serve to harm the Horde and what scarce unity we have. And yet, he has taken it upon himself to watch over innocent victims of war. I can only hope there is genuine benevolence and not some malign intent behind that gesture. He is a skilled combatant, to be sure. But wars are won by men. Not beasts."

"The boss orc and I go way back...Always thought he was a little strange given some of his choices in life, but...knowing my own, I'm one to judge." Smirking before continuing, "I consider him a rival, a friend and a leader worth following."

Edited by Selash

Years later, Juli is asked about Cobrak again. This time, her response is different.

"He and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, and for that reason a lot of people think I shouldn't trust him, much less like him."

She doesn't mention her husband is one of Cobrak's more vociferous objectors in that regard.

"But there are few people in this life that I know exactly how far I can trust, and he's one of them."

Her eyebrows rise slightly.

"How far is that? That's between him and me."

"I only know two Orcs incredibly well." T'suro stated, "Compared to Shokkra, Cobrak is downright gentle." He shrugged. "I don't agree with what Borrowed Time does all the time, and he's still an orc through and through, but you can at least have conversations with him." 

By the looks of Aaren's face, she could say a lot about Cobrak, probably. Is it good or bad?

"Yeah yeah, I heard you." She slips off of the bar stool and walks away without having given an answer.