Nikaa

Shaelie Brightwing

Shaelie Brightwing

Race: Sin'Dorei

Place of Residence: Currently Dragonroost Port, base of Operators for Borrowed Time.

Philosophy: "Let the will of the wind carry you."

Enemies: None currently

Hobbies and Interests: Exploring, watching a storm from the treetops, sleeping under the stars, tinkering and creating new gadgets, swimming, music.

Favorite food and drink: Sea Mist Rice Noodles and South Island Iced Tea.

Weapons of Choice: Guns, bombs, mechanical pets.

Dislikes: Not being able to conquer a challenge. Thinking she's found an undiscovered location and finding someone has gotten there first. Everyone's focus on death and killing.

Description:  She looks healthier than people might remember, not as scrawny and malnourished as she used to appear. Her skin looks brighter and her color is better. Her hair, which used to be long, black and tangled, is now cut to shoulder length and is chestnut brown in color. It's parted to drape over one side of her face, covering her eye. Her nose is pierced with a tiny hoop on the right side. Her clothing is usually light cloth, loose fitting for silence and ease of movement. If she carries any weapon at all, it's small  and concealed. She carries a backpack slung over her shoulder, with a red bandana tied either to the strap of her backpack or looped around her belt. She has one tattoo on the inside of her forearm,  roughly the size of her hand. The tattoo was of a shield, leaning against a rock. The shield was gold, inlaid with deep blue filigree. The pattern was quite intricate, and if you looked closely enough, you could make out the letters M G set into the design. Propped against the shield was a large hammer that seemed to glow with a faint halo of gold light. Twisted around the handle of the hammer was a silver chain necklace, with a tiny silver hammer dangling from the end. 

Unlike most Sin'dorei, she doesn't seem overly concerned with appearance- more practical in nature given her fondness of tinkering and the outdoors.

Special Abilities: Exceptionally good at climbing or scaling. Trees, buildings, mountains.. everything is a challenge with the prize being to reach the top. She also indulges in free-running/parkour.. either as a necessity to give an advantage during a fight, finding a better vantage point or simply for the joy of careening over dangerously high or impractical places.

Positive Personality Traits: Easily adapts to most situations, is able to 'go with the flow'. Level-headed most of the time. However..

Negative Personality Traits: She tends to be blunt, and doesn't have the best filter. Sometimes her mouth can get her into trouble. Prone to suspicion and paranoia.

Edited by Nikaa

Two loud thunks echoed throughout the Salty Sailor Tavern as the armour clad figure placed his feet on top of the wooden table, crossed, such an action was common around here and hardly no attention was drawn.

"Shaelie?" He questioned, reaching into his side pouch and pulling out a small vial of glowing blue Mana. "That name is rather common, I remember a certain young lady who wandered the forests with a loyal pet wolf, But a Blood Elf? Nay, I have not heard of her." He bit and pulled the cork that sealed the Mana inside the vial with a resulting pop, spitting out the cork in the palm of his hand to be reused later.

"An engineer too? Who makes toys? Well, I guess I should be happy about that. At least she isn't amassing an army of constructs... Maybe, I don't know... With such long lifespans I'm sure it crossed her mind."

He took a swift swig of Mana with a satisfied sigh. "Yea, I don't really know anything about her. As long as she doesn't bother me, I am fine with her existence."

"Doesn't seem the trusting type," Xara says thoughtfully. "I'll say that much. Seemed like she was still tryin' ta find her place in the Grim. She doesn't realize ya gotta be real trusting to hang out with folks like those."

The trolless flashes a grin.

"Shae's so cute!" The trolless laughs, holding her side in her cackling. "She reeeeeeeeeeeeeallllllly need ta git laid doh, she kinda uptight!"

"Quite a capital lady. Could perhaps clean her face a little more frequently. But that aside I count her as one of my more favored people."

"Shae? I don't know her very well, but she seems alright..." Nok tinkers with an ironstar core, carefully adjusting its innards with a steady hand. "She seems like she's few on friends...which is somethin' easily fixed." He smiles up and chuckles, spinning a screwdriver. "Maybe another bout o' tinkerin' with Delilah's fuel systems could help with it."

"I was there when Shaelie finally received her Grim tabard, and I was proud of her. She worked hard for it, I know. Even though I feel her efforts are wasted, the Grim will benefit from her choice to join them. I don't think they fully understand what they have in her."

"I see her, from time to time. I think if we tried, we could be friends, but I never say anything. I'm worried it would cause trouble for her, and she's had enough of that."

"She is the reason that I passed my Inquisition. She knew what I was trying to say when I could not find the stupid words. I hope even now when it remains unsaid she knows that, if there comes a time when my help is needed, I will be there. Like she was for me. She'll know. Louder than words."

"I did not always appreciate Shaelie or her talents. She is often critical, and frequently bitter, it seems. But she has proven that, even if she does fight for the Mandate, she does so to preserve the Horde, not revel in butchery. If nothing else, she is an asset to the Horde, and deploys easily and readily to the fields of battle. I do not believe we get along well, but I think our ability to communicate is improving. And as to her criticism, 'The wind howls but the mountain does not move.'"

Nero takes a swig of his flask as he eyes the interviewer, "Shags, huh? She pretty cool...good fighter, not afraid of nuthin'." The young black drake grins wide as he nestles against the obsidian rock he uses as a makeshift throne by the way he positions himself. "Holy shit, is she a good fuck too...Wild child, I'd say." Another dark chuckle escapes him as he downs his beverage, wiping away what had missed his mouth and spilled over. "Shame she has the weirdest fuckin' taste, fuckin' some rotter guy...fuckin' weird."

Shaelie stepped off the gangplank of the ship from Ratchet, and paused on the wooden pier of Booty Bay. it had been a long time since she had traveled here. Tonight, though, she had business. From her pocket, she pulled a folded piece of paper and studied it for a moment, then began walking again. Her eyes searched the buildings she passed, looking for the wooden sign advertising the tattoo parlor.. which should be just to the left of the tavern. Right about.. there! She spotted the weather beaten sign and pushed open the door to step inside. 

The goblin that greeted her spoke with her for a few minutes, as she showed him the sketch on paper that she had brought. She handed over the fairly large coin purse of gold that had been agreed upon in advance. And she wasn't surprised when he raised the price by another 45%.. the tattoo she wanted was a 'premium' design, as it turned out. And the cost of ink had increased due to shortage of supplies. And of course, overhead fees, and the like. Shaelie paid without protest. It was worth it.  She settled in the chair as the goblin prepared the tattoo gun, all the while grumbling to himself that he hadn't gotten at least another 10% out of her.

The needle stung, but Shaelie set her jaw and endured without protest. It was worth it. 

A couple of hours later, she was done. The hour had grown late, but she was ecstatic. The tattoo had come out even better than she had hoped. Turned out, the goblin was quite the artist, and worth every bit of gold, and then some. She left him with a rather generous tip. Stopping beneath a pool of light from one of the hanging lanterns overhead, she admired the piece once more. It now graced the inside of her forearm, spanning an area roughly the size of her hand. 

The tattoo was of a shield, leaning against a rock. The shield was gold, inlaid with deep blue filigree. The pattern was quite intricate, and if you looked closely enough, you could make out the letters M G set into the design. Propped against the shield was a large hammer that seemed to glow with a faint halo of gold light. Twisted around the handle of the hammer was a silver chain necklace, with a tiny silver hammer dangling from the end.