Kerala

Kerala Windchaser (Tauren Druid)

11 posts in this topic

DfuKLa39OsG9g7zMc3MB0bpAlCaWkbjyMvLeO48tRkcD_VAWgcfo8q7KTwyrWcpz4lG52mSu1-Qn1rb7cSWlFPMXofg9RRsZbHGZeNpqX-XUUfsKKsfdPduApAqbrKE6XrsizrTda-0iKfsnQAAAC0QX0_AVdju1wKmNS212INf_z9P2yoaq2ZHP-nF-vtCtKLe0AR5nU0yzyG1khqDDe3UEnoDmIfbnPuG8EMrejF34gILK1ETBNzn56UqdHsnaWcN1hPrv-RZQYfH8aZj-xjfkEUvzpdIkYvg9ljrsF_PlFKFgjb4MCQTw-_rOxTbsKoetB81A_bGsw_eMZgaZOdtIzLZyhQpwfkGBj4Ht5J_vCx0scADOk3lVtIzI6Xs8SzyqV-zwUJLYnqWS9CCjo_VmWL9-y6woBdl86YyQk8FIURl6-zJo5EDq7iShU9SuXm8OZp4J2ZWfKUKkCPK9QqzDQaxD3lP5-g5eQdjGXExc3Abq-8fDhWCVDMJKYdh_XLzBZFJ2Yng5ZKndjbBc2tE5TroajnljHjug8eAkpfHobhtqeJ4iN2dMSxiKTFwvoAwq=w657-h856-no

Kerala “Windchaser” * DECEASED *

Gender, Race, Class: female tauren druid

Age: young, 21 (younger than Baine Bloodhoof who should be 23-26 in WoD)

Occupation: None. Kerala can cut and shape gems if she chooses to, but it is not a skill to earn money.

Languages: [Taurahe], crude Magram centaur version of bastardized Low [Common]. She will use that language to curse in, rather than orcish (taurahe doesn't have 'real' curse words).

Physical description: Kerala is an extremely skinny tauren woman with permanently wild look about her. She is thin! Not quite in the range of unhealthy, it's very close. She might be the boniest tauren anyone has ever seen living.

Her fur coat is smooth no where on her body- there are numerous swirls and patterns which make her seem scruffy and unkempt all the time. There are varying shades of brown even on individual hairs. Fur on the left side of her body- thigh, hip, ribs, and the entirety of her arm - doesn't match. That area has a uniform color, softer texture, and a slight sheen to the fur.

Her mane is a darker brown, and the hair grows just as wildly as her coat- thick curls and fluff sticking every which way. She has bothered to tame it only enough to catch bunches of hair into tufts to either side. Her face is also framed in low curving horns which are thinner in diameter than usual, forming wicked-looking sharp tips.

Kerala has clear dark green eyes, calm and intelligent. Surrounded as they are in such disorder, her eyes might be a startling and beautiful feature. Her ears and eyes are usually in constant motion, watching and listening warily.

Her muzzle and hide bear a dizzying array of scars of varying lengths and shapes. The nature of her fur makes most of these less noticeable at first glance, but for the obvious ones on her face. Those who do notice the extent of scarring might realize that there are more than twice what most veterans bear in places that armor should protect, evidence of wounds from not just battles, but physical abuses.

Tauren familiar with ancient traditions might recognize the hairless stripes on her face as intentional marks of dishonor, brands to warn others of the character of the person bearing them.

Kerala wears no adornments of any kind, just her armor or clothing. While her horns are exceptionally sharp, she doesn't seem to care for nails or hooves- these are often dirty and sometimes chipped. She bathes fully with water infrequently, so when her fur gets wet, she smells like the earth of whatever places she's been staying at recently.

There is a coarseness to Kerala's voice, an accent present in both Taurahe and Orcish languages.

Under the average height at 8 ft tall (average is 9ft).

Weighs the equivalent of a tauren woman a full foot shorter- 417lbs (should be around 533lbs).

Personality: Kerala is introverted. She tends to be quiet and is perfectly content to be alone. She might seem shy around others, but this tends to be more from a lack of experience in social matters than any actual desire to avoid contact. She does enjoy her time around people.

She can be somewhat disagreeable. She is not solely concerned only for her own well-being, but she is a survivor and will not compromise herself for the sake of others. She trusts no one.

She is pretty impulsive, and emotions are involved in most of her actions. She has a short temper, and though she's getting better, it still often leads to violence. She's not a leader, and this shows in her general lack of planning. She may have goals, and can be incredibly stubborn in holding on to achieve them, but usually she focuses on one thing at a time without thought to what comes after, and there isn't really a plan in how to achieve them. That doesn't stop her.

She is more comfortable with what is familiar to her than new things. She is straightforward in her thinking and she appreciates truth and bluntness. Subtlety and implied meanings might be lost on her, but she does pick up very well on non-verbal cues. She says what she thinks, most often, without a filter. Often, she says things the wrong way so that her words are misinterpreted, because she says things simply and without much explanation.

Skills: A druid of instinctive talent. Fairly powerful healer, despite inexperience. Skilled by experience in personal combat versus one or a few opponents, especially animals.

Has a keen eye for spotting gem nodes peeking above the earth's surface and mining them with minimal impact. Can shape gems with significant precision and care, but has no real creativity when it comes to carving figurines or making the gems into jewelry.

Combat Tactics: Kerala is skilled with the use of a spear, is handy enough with a dagger, but mostly fights as a bear. Since learning to heal and discovering a talent for it, she'll usually stay back and let others do the fighting while she mends their wounds.

Phobias and Weaknesses:

Kerala has always disliked fire in general, but since being excommunicated from the Grim she has developed a true fear of flame. Commander Awatu shoved her onto a sorcerously-enhanced brazier to burn, which is why the fur on her left side appears odd.

(WAS extremely claustrophobic.

Avoided caves, small spaces, and crowds of people. She was uncomfortable almost anytime she could not see the sky or natural light, and was often noticed glancing at windows while indoors. She wore loose non-constricting clothing. The addition of a small physical stone now in Kerala's brain blocks the paralyzing fear reaction.)

Kerala does not eat meat of any kind.

Pet Peeves: Disregard for the value of life. Words or phrases without clear definitions.

Special Possessions:None, really. She burned anything she'd collected with sentimental value as part of her Trial of Sacrifice to become Grim. She hasn't collected anything new since then.

Origin/Birthplace: born in some grass somewhere

Brief History: Kerala is daughter of Oyohus and Wadulisi, fraternal twin sister to Lomani Greydawn.

When she was 11, Kerala and her father, as well as several other tauren from their group were captured by Magram centaur. She remained their prisoner for ten years. Kerala was dying of starvation and infection when she was rescued by the Cenarion Circle during earthquakes preceding the Cataclysm.

Kerala searched for the Horns of Shuhalo among her people, but never found them. She resolved to resurrect the group, and for a while, succeeded. The Horde campaigns in Draenor, however, scattered the nomadic and wandering tribes who had briefly rallied to the newly-designed banner. The emergence of an old god Accalia stressed the tiny guild to the breaking point as one of it's members fell victim to possession, and was killed by another. Conflicts with The Grim ended with Kerala in a catatonic state.

The murder of her guildmate led to Kerala becoming a Grim Supplicant in order to pay the Blood Debt of his killer, in accordance with ancient Shu'halo laws. Kerala successfully completed all three Trials required and satisfied the Debt, but was thrown out immediately afterward.

“Chase the wind” Shu'halo phrase meaning to do something that is without purpose or virtue, meaningless or impossible. Derogatory.

cobrak said:
Kerbear Stare

Height: Perfect Height for Head Trauma

Weight: HOLY SHIT IS SHE STARVING TO DEATH

Occupation: Comaward Patient, Reluctant Grim, Member of the We-Deformed-Syreena-In-A-Way Club, Healy-Type Cowlady

Special Skills: Making People Think She Needs a Sanwich, Smushing Heads, Writing Stories Involving Poop-Tunnels (Not A Euphemism), Pissing Off Grim

Alignment: CHAOTIC NEUTRAL

Chaotic Neutral- A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom from both society's restrictions and a do-gooder's zeal. However, chaotic neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:

Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)

Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)

Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)

Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)

True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)

Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)

Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)

Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)

Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)

Law & Chaos:

Law ----- XXXXX (5)

Neutral - XXXXXX (6)

Chaos --- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)

Good & Evil:

Good ---- XXXXXX (6)

Neutral - XXXXXXXXXX (10)

Evil ---- XXXXXXXXX (9)

SLFk-YpWGNoSVilHh7S12IckHsIz0A8DWmgqH7kc9mN2tG49XKv6yWB8s8KXEVO60Aknf1Q8QrnTVJaa1V0PcIMCxsQ4xAbrb7adu7M4cuX-SX7TrBmrfRVl_1UmzNfAo5qceaIdffUMy3dvx_h95jdvCWa2pRLhjTubOnTpjfC_5Ts_Fu3LRv2cqaz4NycxnBhmIhi3qZGLiFfq01rlSCi8C_KnUsOMP39Dc3UdVQ0U5OyUUmdczaCFyyQIuCv2bJ1aG_vzEG-EwH7lKZoyMX5FZv5_UKZpjpnXUzu1ZYlXl8G2d8INsjkaojJBb_KlEsn1JM_obRgPt8rzGhi6Qzn75G0mePUPVCUgg06aGqiDxNIiWNo0Iuj4gPVBRmRghy6okhQiLqNeuLcDSE-wY8RssTmU9AS_xxbOjRTJtlewigHkmYvxm58huifmswRTHNd4pts28qCC3BTiW-giRZnG-ahIDp0VoOPBzIYfpXeUsSfrWcnBt9qW-tdzvYcKdHxVn-bYQVkA_K-KWoBHFmpe0rx4nXOMi7aMPKI_acLj5CopoS-Nv07H0gM_VrklP9YTp2vmYKqipn_qsa2YCWgwDTV9gVk=w620-h322-no

Edited by Kerala
Died

WRITING TIMELINE

((full timeline for all Warcraft characters here))

If Everyone Cared - Uyohus loves Wadulisi

[Kerala + Agiga born]

(Don't You Worry Child) - (Kerala's dad reassures her)

Counting Stars - Kerala comforts Agiga after a Vision

[Kerala captured]

Stand Up - Wadilusi chooses to move on

In The End - Agiga blames herself for Kerala's fate

I'm Becoming Insane - angry Kerala gets branded

Lost For Words - Kaya meets Kerala

Blue - poem of Kerala's baby's funeral

(Say I) - (Kaya dies of the Shaking Death)

25 WORLD OF WARCRAFT 2004-11-23

Sahara - orc prisoner runs from centaur

26 BURNING CRUSADE 2007-01-16

Dragula - Kerala battles scorpids

Desolate Prisoner - Kerala thinks in cage on capture

27 WRATH OF THE LICH KING 2008-11-13

Enough - centaur is worried about a declining Kerala

Time of Dying - dying Kerala hallucinates

(Rescue) - (night elf Kethrenorean Forestwhisper saves Kerala)

28 CATACLYSM 2010-12-07

So Far Away - Kerala weak and free in Glade

Everybody Talks - Keth gives Kerala a flower

Moves Like Jagger - Keth tries to win Kerala

Higher - Kerala takes Silverwing on a joyride

Faint- Keth tries to tell Kerala he loves her, to go

Wasting My Time - Walos watches Kerala leave the Glade

Fake It - Kerala overlooks Thunder Bluff

Bank - Grizthok opens an account for Kerala

Rescue - Kerala remembers

30 MISTS OF PANDARIA 2012-09-12

Rage (RP) - Kerala meets Wolfskycloud

Don't You Worry Child - Kerala reads, remembers

Don't Trust Me - Kerala closes a book and goes to sleep

Descent, Way of the Priest - Kerala catatonic, Aziris adopts a bird, Aziris sends the Kerala-bird to Thunder Bluff

You Really Got Me - Keth leaves the Glade

Banner - HotS got a flag!!!

31 WARLORDS OF DRAENOR 2014-11-13

Horns of the Shuhalo and the Case of the Murdered Longwalker - (Kerala)

Eclipse: Chasing Wind

Departure - Kerala is found. Konro leaves Horns

Phobic Dark - Kerala catatonic, Kex'ti heals

Guess Who's Invited To Dinner - Kerala invites Konro

Picnic For The Lost - Kerala tells Konro a secret

Dark of An'she - Lomani has her first deadly Vision. Kerala saves her

Eclipse: Bliss - Kerala learns of the curse

Eclipse: Does Not Play Well With Others - Kerala summons the Skytotem

Eclipse: The Beast Within* - Konro almost kills Kerala

Eclipse: Flying Against The Hurricane - Brey leaves Horns, Kerala too

Eclipse: The Truth of Sacrifice - ghost Konro tells Kerala Lomani is her twin

Eclipse: Promises - Kerala chats with Syreena, writes Awatu

Eclipse: Follow-Through - Kerala reinforces that Syreena leave Brey alone

*Broken* - Syreena becomes the Waitress

Eclipse: Spirit Walk - the Skytotem locate Konro's trapped soul

Eclipse: Grim Retribution - The Grim attack Kerala and leave her comatose

Eclipse: Lost - Lomani works to free Kerala from her phobic dreams

Eclipse: And Found - Mudhide cures Kerala's claustrophobia

Eclipse: Antagonize - Kerala and Lomani try to help Brast

*Brast: the Beast 16th*- Brast curses Lomani

Eclipse: Nightmares:

- Eclipse: Cloud Nine - [unfinished] Kerala's nightmare

- Eclipse: Siblings* - Inzema's nightmare

- Eclipse: Arachnophobia - Lomani's nightmare

One Fine Wire- Kerala joins the Grim

[Kerala's Inquisition begins]

Kerala's Inquisition - The 3 Trials of the Grim

To: Kerala* - Gazreeth suggests a way for Kerala to apologize for attacking him

*Blueprints and Schematics (Shaelie's Journal)* - Shaelie's reaction to Kerala passing 1st trial

*Copper Kisses* - Nathandiel brushes his teeth after Kerala passes 1st trial

Lonely Ones - Lomani sees changes in Kerala

Toad's Tympanum - Kerala decides to get two ingredients

Hollow: The Conclave 16th* - [unfinished] Kerala helps save Lilliana from the Morinth terrorist

Toad's Tympanum #2 - people trust Kerala?

Pink Skin Exposed - Kerala gets Nathandiel out of jail

Toad's Tympanum #3 - about Nathandiel

Message of Intent* - Lupinum is found, Lomani heals him, Kerala misleads the investigation

Toad's Tympanum #4 - worried

Fel Expansion* - Khorvis attacks Brill!

Toad's Tympanum #5, #6- enjoying each day she's still alive

Toad's Tympanum #7 - Spirit

[Kerala's Inquisition ends]

*Blueprints and Schematics (Shaelie's Journal) 11th* - on Kerala's expulsion

Realign and Rebirth - Lupinum discovers Kerala alive... inside a tree

Toad's Tympanum #8, #9 - on dying friends, definition of murder

Stopping to Smell the… Roses - Kerala walks with the Grim to collect herbs

Backlash - Kerala and Lomani reassemble Brill victims

Toad's Tympanum #10 - on Mannoroth's death and Mists of Dawn

Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay - Kerala sits waiting for night

Toad's Tympanum #11, #12 - on Grim tabards and their Anniversary, Azi reassembled

Slide - Kerala meets the new Aziris

Dirty Laundry - Lomani wants answers from Kerala

Hurt - Kerala decides she's sorry

Long Road to Ruin - Azi convinces Lomani they need to go away for a while with Kerala

The Bodyguard - Azi observes that Kerala may love Lupinum

This Is Not - Kerala dreams of fire and leaves Aziris and Lomani

Say I - Kerala is bothered by Lupinum's hatred (Kaya dies)

Toad's Tympanum #13 - wonders why Syreena took Tesonii's place

Bounty for a Pilgrim - Lilliana weaves a friendship bracelet for Kerala

Like the Rain - Lupinum plays dead and Kerala backs off about his hatred

Toad's Tympanum #14- freaking out

TearJerker - Lomani feels abandoned

The Friend Song - Kerala and Lomani will live together

Quorum: Dawn and Eve - Kerala and Lomani both See visions

Toad's Tympanum #15 - twin visions, Veltor

Toad's Tympanum #16 - Kerala has a boyfriend

Quorum: Heart to Heart - Kerala tries to re-kill Konro

Quorum: Keys to the Kingdom - Kerala Shokkra and Kex'ti travel to vision mountain

Toad's Tympanum #17 - Kerala has a breakdown

Quorum: Seed of Dreams - The twins talk of their emerald dreams

Quorum: Ending Glow - Kerala meets Sanctuary and Borrowed Time in the Dream, and find a darkness waiting beyond.

Quorum: Peace Lillies - Kerala talks with Lupinum between Dreaming

Quorum: No Ones Here To Sleep - Kerala plants the Dreamseed, talks with a demonlord

Quorum: Lacuna

Threadbare - Kerala breaks up with Lupinum

Derecho: Raptor Red #1 - Derecho attacks Shokkra

Derecho: Lights Out #1 - Derecho attacks Tsuro at Cantina

Derecho: Lights Out #2 - Derecho attacks Tsuro at Cantina again

Derecho: Invisible Sun - Derecho attacks Lilliana

Derecho: Raptor Red #2 - Derecho attack Shokkra again

Derecho: Master of Wind - Kerala is sick and looking for Kethrenorean

Derecho: Twist - Derecho is Kerala

Mists of Helheim - Kerala is summoned to help locate Kexti

Mists of Helheim: Something Lost Something Found - Kerala reveals why she can find Kexti

End of the Dream - Kethrenorean is in the Emerald Dream with Kerala

EDIT: Added 2015 Writing Challenge stories. Added journal entries in-line as well.

2016-06-09 Fixed broken Ravenholdt Sanctum links to google. Updated through Quorum.

2016-11-22 Fixed links again for new TNG

2017-01-07 Updated writing list to current

Edited by Kerala

"Ah, Kerala..." the mistweaver ponders. "I respect her for her actions...but I worry immensely for the road she walks. It would be a waste for her talents to fall to petty butchery."

Oi, Ker?" Cobrak cocks an eyebrow as he puffs his pipe. "Aye, she's got brass ta do wut she did...now iffin she 'ad tha brains ta see it through wiffout so much damn trouble is anutha thing." The hunter chuckles, "Still want a pic of Syr's face when she first found out bout her joinin' Grim."

Syreena frowns when asked about Kerala. "I'm still not sure what to think of her. She has silly notions of honor that I can't understand. She offered herself to Awatu as a Supplicant because of some ancient Tauren honor thing, but she's planning to leave us again after only a couple months. She squashed my head once, but I don't really remember it very clearly."

After a pause, Syreena adds, "Also, she's so skinny! She looks like she never eats!"

"For a long time, I hated Kerala. A lot. I resented her because joining The Grim was so important to me, and for her it was a cross to bear. A debt to pay. She complained bitterly, if not in words then in actions. And the worst of it, in my mind, was how easily she made friends. The more she dug in her heels and showed her resentment, the more people flocked to her. At the same time, I was fighting tooth and nail for my place in the guild. And for the most part, I was disregarded at best, or discriminated against, most commonly.

So, I hated her, and I wanted her to fail. But eventually.. things began to change. It started with the night when she completed her first trial of eating all the Alliance hearts. I didn't think she would do it, or I thought she'd find a way to cheat or deceive us. But she didn't. Not only did she complete that task more thoroughly than I ever thought she would, but she owned it.

She gained my respect that night, and from there I started to like her. I saw a lot of myself in her, in ways that no one would ever understand even if I tried to explain. So I wont.

That last night when she was to complete her third and final trial, the others didn't understand her. They couldn't see what she was trying to say, because she wasn't finding the right words. She tore off Konro's tabard and burned it. The others thought she was insulting The Grim, but I knew her act was symbolic. Burning that tabard wasn't about The Grim- it was about her debt.

I was sad when Awatu threw her into the fire and drove her away. He banished her from the guild, but she still comes around. I see her, but I don't say anything. I'm glad she's still alive." -Shaelie

"Whatever strange paths we may walk in life, Kerala always seems to find her way across mine, to my great joy. I do not claim to understand the tauren, but she is my friend, and I believe that she has some great destiny in store. What, and how I might serve in guiding her towards it, I do not know. I am not an augur. But Kerala approaches her challenges with a wisdom and ferocity that few can match."

"Too skinny," Xara comments. "Every time I see her, I want ta feed her! But there are some people out there who don't want people takin' care of 'em... They think it makes 'em vulnerable, they're scared, they don't wanna get hurt." The trolless is quiet for a moment, then shrugs. "Some wild animals can't be tamed."

Breygrah does not try containing her smile when asked about Kerala.

"She is one you can rely on, when her word is given.  She can be gruff, and stern.  But we all need that from time to time.  I only wish I could have been reliable to her as she was to me."  She pauses a moment, and pats a hand on the tabard she wears.  "I do truly hope that I could have her support."  She does not explain what she means before smiling politely and going on her way.

Tahzani ponders the question before answering, " Ah'll be honest. Ah don' know Kerala as well as ah feel ah should. She be one a de few druids who speaks plainly. Sure she got de wisdom of someone who ain't consumed by de petty desires of our societies but she says it flat out and in words jah can undahstand. She ain't even preachy about it!" He lets out a short laugh, " Ah tink ah should probably learn a few tings from her. When she talks, jah should listen."

Kerala Windchaser died.

((If you have questions feel free to PM me, please remember these threads are supposed to be IC unless indicated by OOC marks))

Edited by Kerala