Leyujin

Netherholdt Horde-Side RBG Thread

Over the last few months I've PvPed with more than a few people who dwell upon our shared server, and at this point I want to help facilitate Horde-side organized PvP, specifically in hosting rated battlegrounds. Us RPers aren't always too great on getting organized PvP coordinated, but I'm pretty sure we have more than enough interest to start a second RBG team on this server, composed fully of RP-PvPers.

To make this effective and keep it drama-free, there's two main guidelines:

1. The group will need someone who can lead the group, a main target caller, and a secondary target caller. Preferably one or the other target caller can also give orders. Without this command structure, the group will not be effective.

2. I will be helping to assist in forming the group, but this is not a Grim group. The official Grim RBG group is my priority as guild officer, so if there are Grim in this second group that I need for our official team to run, I will pull them.

I'm offering to do this because I think there are more than enough potential RP-PvPers for an official Netherholdt team, so it would be a shame to waste that potential, and I want to provide those Grimmies who don't have a space on The Grim's official team the opportunity to skin some pinkskins. ;) I would like for there to be at least two slots available for Grim, at least initially, however I want to stress that I would simply *like*. The only two rules I have were listed above. It is my goal that this team becomes self-sufficient without Grim assistance, as a haven for Netherholdt RP-PvPers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that prelude bid adieu, here is what I need from *you*.

-Your main character for RBGs

-Your main spec: Slayer(DPS), Mender/Healer, Vanguard(Tank)

-Your alt characters for RBGs

-Your alt specs

-Your gaming schedule. Give days, hours, or qualifiers like "random", "haphazard" or "ludicrous"

-Your PvP experience. Random battlegrounds, arenaes, rated battlegrounds, world pvp, etc.

-Can you lead an RBG group?

-Can you target call?

-Can you give tactical calls? (Secondary leader)

Grim RBGs run on Wednesdays and Sundays. Depending on the average schedule of the people we have, the Netherholdt team might run on different days.

Darrethy, Breygrah, Konro, I'd better see your asses in the first three posts of this thread ;). YOU NEED TO RBG!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Interest List:

Shorthand-

Gallid (Vanguard/MDPS)

Julilee/Xaraphyne (Vanguard/RDPS)

Naheal (Vanguard/MDPS)

Cen (Healer)

Kexti (Healer)

Sangjai (Healer)

Aaren/Breygrah (Healer/Vanguard)

Inzema/Qarosimae (M/RDPS)

Shokkra[Konro] (MDPS)

Kyoukimaru (MDPS)

Nathandiel (MDPS)

Cobrak (RDPS)

Bjarnemon (RDPS)

Ulrezaj (RDPS)

Lysimachus (RDPS)

Darethy (RDPS)

Longhand-

Breygrah-Ravenholdt, Hawtest Moocow Prot Warrior (statement from Konro's ghost)

Vanguard(Tank)

Aaren-Ravenholdt

-Your alt specs

Mender/Healer

-Your gaming schedule. Give days, hours, or qualifiers like "random", "haphazard" or "ludicrous"

That about explains it

-Your PvP experience. Random battlegrounds, arenaes, rated battlegrounds, world pvp, etc.

Everything except rbgs D: Arenas sparingly

lolno

-Can you target call?

lulzno

See above

Kexti, 660 MW Monk

Heals/off-DPS via crane

Scythemia, 620's Frost DK

-Your alt specs

Kex'ti has no alt specs

Typical. I'm on basically every night and could use a regular RBG time.

-Your PvP experience. Random battlegrounds, arenas, rated battlegrounds, world pvp, etc.

Duelist in BC, RBGs in WoD

Yaaaaas

-Can you target call?

Noooooo

Yaaaaas

Julilee, Prot Warrior (def stance preferred)

Your main spec: Slayer(DPS), Mender/Healer, Vanguard(Tank)

– Tank

Your alt characters for RBGs:

– Xaraphyne, BM/MM hunter; Filora, holy paladin (when she hits 100 and gets gear)

Your alt specs:

– Hunter is ranged DPS, paladin is healer

Your gaming schedule. Give days, hours, or qualifiers like "random", "haphazard" or "ludicrous"

– Most every night, except when I have other plans.

Your PvP experience. Random battlegrounds, arenaes, rated battlegrounds, world pvp, etc.

– Very casual random BGs and arenas.

Can you lead an RBG group?

– I'm good at organizing people, but not PvP strategy.

Can you target call?

– Technically yes. I mean, half of it is just picking *someone*, right?

Can you give tactical calls? (Secondary leader)

– Not particularly, I don't know BG tactics.

goddammit Xara why do you have to be a special flower with your dash-mark inversions

Naheal (Death Knight)

Vanguard. I have a Slayer (Frost) spec as well, but I prefer Vanguard.

Naheal (Hunter. Name/Race change coming soon)

-Your alt specs

Beast Mastery/Survival. Slayer

Monday-Thursday from 7-11 server. I'm attempting to put together pve stuff, too, so it may be a bit.

Random BGs in Wrath and BC, several instances of world pvp with Raven Cross back at it's inception. Halaa and Ashran as well. Casual arenas in BC and WoD

Given time, maybe. As it stands, no.

-Can you target call?

Not currently

Somewhat. I can offer suggestions, but lack the RBG experience to properly make a good tactical call.

Lysimachus (Arcane Mage)

DPS

I don't have any other 100s right now!

-Your alt specs

Fire, but that's only for the occasional PvE jaunts.

Haphazard, unfortunately, as my work schedule is not set.

A fair amount! I've arena'd heavily in the past, I used to be an extremely active member of The Raven Cross before its dissolution, briefly led an RP PvP guild with my best friend, Sabeinne, and am ALWAYS raring to go in World PvP. Lysimachus usually shoots first -- gotta build those stacks of arcane blast!

Probably in some battlegrounds. I don't have tons of practice in some of the newer ones, like Deepwind Gorge! I prefer coordinating on a smaller scale, though.

-Can you target call?

KILL THE HEALER. I'd prefer not to.

Yes!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a rough composition based off of my experience with those listed:

Gallid (Vanguard/MDPS)/Naheal (Vanguard/MDPS)/Julilee (Vanguard)

Sangjai (Healer)/Cen (Healer)

Kexti (Healer)

Aaren (Healer)

Bjarnemon (RDPS)/Lysimachus (RDPS)/Qarosimae (RDPS)

Inzema (MDPS)/Nathandiel (MDPS)/Kyoukimaru (MDPS)

Cobrak (RDPS)/Xaraphyne (RDPS)

Darethy (RDPS)/Ulrezaj (RDPS)

Shokkra[Konro] (MDPS)/Naheal (MDPS)/Gallid (MDPS)

Lysimachus (RDPS)/Ulrezaj (RDPS)/Kyoukimaru (MDPS)/Nathandiel (MDPS)/Xaraphyne (RDPS)

UGH FINE

I do need RBGs :( I claim 660 MW for my team dammit :3. Though I am not the one to shot call...

Breygrah-Ravenholdt

Vanguard(Tank)

Aaren-Ravenholdt

-Your alt specs

Mender/Healer

That about explains it

Everything except rbgs D: Arenas sparingly

lolno

-Can you target call?

lulzno

See above

I'll basically pvp as long as I'm not busy or I feel like it or w/e. Playing Brey is more fun, but I am a much better healer.

Kexti, 660 MW Monk

Heals/off-DPS via crane

Scythemia, 620's Frost DK

-Your alt specs

Kex'ti has no alt specs

Typical. I'm on basically every night and could use a regular RBG time.

-Your PvP experience. Random battlegrounds, arenas, rated battlegrounds, world pvp, etc.

Duelist in BC, RBGs in WoD

Yaaaaas

-Can you target call?

Noooooo

Yaaaaas

I'm willing to help out and probably be a sub when needed.

Your main character for RBGs:

– Julilee, prot warrior (def stance preferred)

Your main spec: Slayer(DPS), Mender/Healer, Vanguard(Tank)

– Tank

Your alt characters for RBGs:

– Xaraphyne, BM/MM hunter; Filora, holy paladin (when she hits 100 and gets gear)

Your alt specs:

– Hunter is ranged DPS, paladin is healer

Your gaming schedule. Give days, hours, or qualifiers like "random", "haphazard" or "ludicrous"

– Most every night, except when I have other plans.

Your PvP experience. Random battlegrounds, arenaes, rated battlegrounds, world pvp, etc.

– Very casual random BGs and arenas.

Can you lead an RBG group?

– I'm good at organizing people, but not PvP strategy.

Can you target call?

– Technically yes. I mean, half of it is just picking *someone*, right?

Can you give tactical calls? (Secondary leader)

– Not particularly, I don't know BG tactics.

Also, you should post this on Sanctum too!

Borrowed Time is a guild of more-or-less mercs who happen to work for the Horde most of the time. Would work out for IC interactions for us.

I'm not going to pretend this will get done quickly (although who knows, it might), but I do intend on having a rough team assembled by the end of the month. For now it's organic process, and we'll see how things progress. :)

I'll be hitting 100 within the next few days and will be happy to join up when I get geared.

Naheal (Death Knight)

Vanguard. I have a Slayer (Frost) spec as well, but I prefer Vanguard.

Naheal (Hunter. Name/Race change coming soon)

-Your alt specs

Beast Mastery/Survival. Slayer

Monday-Thursday from 7-11 server. I'm attempting to put together pve stuff, too, so it may be a bit.

Random BGs in Wrath and BC, several instances of world pvp with Raven Cross back at it's inception. Halaa and Ashran as well. Casual arenas in BC and WoD

Given time, maybe. As it stands, no.

-Can you target call?

Not currently

Somewhat. I can offer suggestions, but lack the RBG experience to properly make a good tactical call.

I want to issue an invitation to everyone who's interested in RBGs (or just PvP!) to join us this Friday for an impromptu Community Fite Nite. This is where, depending on your disposition, you are welcome to kick back, drink some booze, and just PvP. Depending on our turnout, and whether we get 3 healers, we will be running Rated or Random battlegrounds. If we have too many people, those who aren't in the RBG group will go into random battlegrounds. There are no gear requirements; this isn't serious or competitive, it's for the Netherholdt Horde RP-PvP community to get together and pound some pinkskins into the dirt. What we do require is:

-Mumble (www.sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/)

That's it.

The Time is:

-8:00 PM Goblin Standard Time (Server Time)

The Location:

-Warspear

We'll have more of these in the future, and I'll put up a poll to see when are the best days for everyone, but here's the first push to get things goin'.

Nuuuu! I have to go in to work tonight to get stuff done before the weekend!

However, I would be greatly pleased to be a part of this in any future capacity.

Lysimachus (Arcane Mage)

DPS

I don't have any other 100s right now!

-Your alt specs

Fire, but that's only for the occasional PvE jaunts.

Haphazard, unfortunately, as my work schedule is not set.

A fair amount! I've arena'd heavily in the past, I used to be an extremely active member of The Raven Cross before its dissolution, briefly led an RP PvP guild with my best friend, Sabeinne, and am ALWAYS raring to go in World PvP. Lysimachus usually shoots first -- gotta build those stacks of arcane blast!

Probably in some battlegrounds. I don't have tons of practice in some of the newer ones, like Deepwind Gorge! I prefer coordinating on a smaller scale, though.

-Can you target call?

KILL THE HEALER. I'd prefer not to.

Yes!

FINE JESUS CHRIST I'LL DO IT

KONRO I MEAN SHOKKRA PROBABLY

DPS

KARTHOK

-Your alt specs

DPS AGAIN

POTATO

SHITTY

NO, MAYBE. NO.

-Can you target call?

NOPE

FUCK YOU

So, would anyone like me to post a guide to RBGs? Not so much as an l2p thing but to get everyone on the same page as far as overall strategy?

Here's the tl;drs:

0. All: Fight on objectives

1. WSG: Dead enemy FC>Live ally FC

2. TP: Dead enemy FC>Live ally FC, prepare to do a lot of base rushing

3. AB: Pick three, any but Farm/BS/ST

4. Gil: Sneak around back, take enemy start point. Troll WW. Repeat.

5. EotS: Three cap or hold flag for 10 minutes

6. DWG: Carts and two cap or lots of carts

7. SSM: Center and lava, numbers+tactics>numbers>tactics

8. Kotmogu: Communicate how you'll be touching the balls

Kex'ti, I'd post that guide if it's in a new thread, just to keep this one from getting too cluttered, and then I'll put a link to that in the first post. I think that's a great idea, especially as you'll have to be teaching people who's self-proclaimed levels of PvP ability are SHITTY and in general appear to be a rather disreputable lot.

I'll post the guides tomorrow probably, I have them written.

Also, with 6.2 on the horizon, it's a perfect time to practice for next season.

Hullo all. I just returned from D.C. on a business trip (with two more trips in May). With my current duties of twice a week RBGs for The Grim, increased workload at my job (we've gone from five to three people), I'm trying to figure out how to devote extra time to WoW to get this going. At this point it feels like the answer is halfway between delegation and just biting the bullet and doing something every other week until things start gelling. So, that's the situation.

I'm putting up a poll to see when would be the best time to have a casual night of random BGs. Stressless, fun, helps to get people working together. Once I have some numbers on that, we'll get one going sometime this upcoming month. Pow. Action. WOW!

Poll here: http://wow-tng.org/showthread.php?23316-When-would-you-like-to-FITE-%28%28-Casual-Random-BG-Availability-Poll-%29%29

Here is my repost of my announcement in The Grim forums:

Alright. Long story short, we are in the fortunate position of having more people interested in organized PvP than we have in a while. This is awesome, but it also means our current RBG team is unable to accommodate everyone's desire to shed Alliance blood. As such, we will be starting up a new RBG group. I'd like to take a moment to explain the groundwork behind doing so. While we now have an overflow of PvPers, we still don't have enough people to fill out a full roster. Through my experience in organizing PvP, it's been established that the ideal number for a functional, competitive RBG team is 10 + 2, ten core members plus two substitute players, who can always be available in case of real life schedules or emergencies.

In order to make sure we have that magic number, we will be partnering with our fellow Horde on Netherholdt. It's often the case that a guild sees themselves as an in-group, and those who aren't guild members as the out-group or other. That will not be the case for this new team. I am establishing it from the outset as a partnership with the Netherholdt community, and as a way to get involved in organized in-game activities with our friends and frenemies outside The Grim. Thus, I will be counting "non-guild members" and Grim as the same entity as regards to this new RBG team. There will be no special weight given to Grim, and I want everyone to be aware of that to minimize drama and ensure that we have a fun, friendly, and comfortable murdering experience with our allies.

If, in time, we gain enough guild members that we again have an overflow, we will deal with that by establishing a third team.

For an RBG group to be competitive, it has to have an effective leadership structure. That is an RBG Team Lead, a secondary Tactical Caller, and at least two Target Callers. The Tactical Caller and Target Caller can be the same person, thus there is a minimum of three people needed for organizing the team. If you feel you are comfortable with any of those roles, please reply in this thread and Drinn or I will begin observing you to decide whether you fit the position.

Now that that's done with, here are the people who I have heard expressing interest in RBGs, Grim and non-Grim, and those who are currently subs for Earthshakers but who until now have not gotten much play time:

Gallid (Vanguard/MDPS)

Julilee/Xaraphyne (Vanguard/RDPS)

Naheal (Vanguard/MDPS)

Cen (Healer)

Kexti (Healer)

Sangjai (Healer)

Aaren/Breygrah (Healer/Vanguard)

Inzema/Qarosimae (M/RDPS)

Shokkra[Konro] (MDPS)

Kyoukimaru (MDPS)

Nathandiel (MDPS)

Cobrak (RDPS)

Bjarnemon (RDPS)

Ulrezaj (RDPS)

Lysimachus (RDPS)

Darethy (RDPS)

Here is a rough composition based off of my experience with those listed:

Gallid (Vanguard/MDPS)/Naheal (Vanguard/MDPS)/Julilee (Vanguard)

Sangjai (Healer)/Cen (Healer)

Kexti (Healer)

Aaren (Healer)

Bjarnemon (RDPS)/Lysimachus (RDPS)/Qarosimae (RDPS)

Inzema (MDPS)/Nathandiel (MDPS)/Kyoukimaru (MDPS)

Cobrak (RDPS)/Xaraphyne (RDPS)

Darethy (RDPS)/Ulrezaj (RDPS)

Shokkra[Konro] (MDPS)/Naheal (MDPS)/Gallid (MDPS)

Lysimachus (RDPS)/Ulrezaj (RDPS)/Kyoukimaru (MDPS)/Nathandiel (MDPS)/Xaraphyne (RDPS)

Please note that many of those listed have shifting schedules or may not want to play regularly. Refining this roster to its core + subs will take some time, but as long as everyone's patient and understanding, it will sort itself out, and the process may be teeth-grinding at times but hey: Us Earthshakers have had to deal with that the entire expansion, so suck it up, babies. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your name is not already on the list, or if you're willing to be a doll and provide us with more information, please respond with the following:

1. Your main character for RBGs

2. Your main spec: Slayer(DPS), Mender/Healer, Vanguard(Tank)

3. Your alt characters for RBGs

4. Your alt specs

5. Your gaming schedule. First state whether you can make Wednesday and Sunday, at 8 PM server time. Second, give other available days, hours, or qualifiers like "random", "haphazard" or "ludicrous"

6. Can you lead an RBG group? Can you target call? Can you give tactical calls? (Secondary leader)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I am also accepting entries for the title of this new RBG team. GO AT IT, YOU SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF THE HORDE!