Nikaa

Twisting Nether RP Reunion

As many of you know, the RP on Twisting Nether has been in a state of decline for many months. Gradually, the majority of the population has been dwindling- either people have moved on to other servers, or quit the game entirely. I can remember a time when the /RP channels would be filled with chatter, the calender would be peppered with events, and you could walk into any of the major cities on any given evening and always find something fun going on.

4918139302_6a5031058b_b.jpg

Thankfully, despite the population of the server decreasing, Twisting Nether Gazette has continued to be the lifeblood of this community, and gives us all a place to stay connected.

Even though most people have moved on, and activity on this site has been growing more quiet lately, I've recently noticed an interesting trend. Familiar names are starting to pop up again, with increasing frequency. Names I haven't seen for a long, long time. Cuergo. Emyi. Cytiana Moonarrow. Creedy. Warlac. Nanori. Wolfley. And the list goes on.

5936784018_5cf0d0fa04_b.jpg

This brought me to a realization today. Even though many people have moved on from the server or the game, something still brings them back. Nostalgia. This website and server holds some incredible memories. This is the place where some of the most rich and fulfilling stories have unfolded, and built the history and framework of our characters. Some of the best of friendships have been discovered here. People come back because of those memories, and because even if they've moved on.. On some level, this will always be considered like home.

4953410466_531166b04a_b.jpg

As I've seen more and more of those old names pop up, it's given me a spark of hope that some of you are still out there, and may even be considering a return. I am putting this thread out there as an All Call to those of you who are still around. Speak up! If enough people voice their interest in possibly reviving things, more of you might come back. I'd love to see us return to a time where this RP community had a major presence on our server.

5584070276_79722a0126_b.jpg

Many of you are already being drawn back here for one reason or another - I want to know what it would take to get you to return. Maybe we should start to brainstorm some sort of large scale storyline that would rekindle an interest in RP. I know a majority of you have transferred to other servers, but still stay in touch on this site. Those that have, I hope you'd consider rolling an alt back here on Twisting Nether. I realize money or commitments to friends or raid/RBG teams may prevent you from transferring back, and that's fine. But don't forget- someone (maybe it was Irontoe?) created a massive plotline at the beginning of Cataclysm that consisted entirely of level 1 toons over on Wyrmrest Accord and it was very successful. Something like that wouldn't cost you anything! And to the rest of you that may have already left the game but are considering a return- this might be just the incentive you're looking for.

5796950888_3d38a6fd81_b.jpg

And finally, to those people who are not able or interested in returning to WoW at this time- I still want to hear from you. Even if it's just to say hello or to share some memories of a cool RP that you experienced. A large point of this thread is to bring some of you out of the woodwork and give people a chance to reconnect. :) And if you are still in touch with some past RPers who don't check into TNG anymore and might not see this thread, please send them over so we can hear from them also!

This thread is also for those of us who are still current and active in the game. Basically, if you are reading this- please respond! I'd love for everyone to see who is still around.

Q&A time!

Main RP Toon:

Horde Or Alliance?

Guild:

What was your favorite RP event or storyline?

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most?

Share a screenshot from an RP you enjoyed:

Main RP Toon: Nano or Kailei

Horde Or Alliance?: They were Horde

Guild: The Grim, or the Nightingales, and many unknown guilds before hand.

What was your favorite RP event or storyline?: I really enjoyed the few storylines I was welcomed into, the storyline of Kailei's sickness, Nanori's capture and the Sha testing, and even Kailei's dying and resurrection were enjoyable.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most?: They're out there, they know who they are

And yes, I am likely to make a return

I don't really play anymore, but I did want to poke my head in and say hello to anyone that happens to remember me!

Main RP Toon: Diomades / Unulu / Chikt

Horde Or Alliance?: Horde

Guild: The Raven Cross

What was your favorite RP event or storyline?: There were some amazing ones, but I think as far as memorable purely RP stories go I'd have to choose the founding of the Raven Cross and the events that led up to it.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most?: Geez, there are so many people. I could name a bunch of close old friends from the Raven Cross - Arokai, Imara, Leoren, Yatokth, Anorah and more - but I seriously miss a lot of the great Alliance buddies I made that went on to be great friends that I still keep in touch with on occasion today!

Main RP Toons: Tuuroto the Starseer; Plagueshifter Gequino "Gogglepatch" Dyzuketti

Faction: Tuuro = Alliance; Genq = Horde

Guild: The Redblade Corsairs, now reorganized into the Order of the Redblade

Favorite Storylines:

-The Aliss Dusksinger murders

- "Death" of a Draenei Tarot Reader

- Digging the Grave of Sir Wyatt Prattworth

- Saving Dr. Firebreeze from the Cult of the Nightmare

- Murder Mystery in Karazhan that never got solved (Poor Folkerson)

- Ambush on the SouthSea Trading Company and being tortured by Sir Urivial Beckett

- Spy Xho'Fralia and the Slaughter of the Travelling Faire

- RBC's First Vigilante Mission in Helping the Southshore Refugees

- Finding Nigel

- and hundreds of tavern Tarot Card readings I've done over the years.

Who I'd like to see come back?: Any former member of the Redblade Corsairs, if even we've never met. You've never been forgotten (or kicked), and you'll always find a hammock and footlocker with your name on it.

Other things I miss: Missions with Ugraz, Cross-Faction Socials courtesy of Nano, Being able to do give Tarot Readings to new people.

And to those who may have not heard it an a while... "Varm pleasure smiles."

- Tuuro

Main RP Toon: Warlac

Horde Or Alliance? Definitely Horde.

Guild: The Crimson Fang

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? Man, there are too many to count. I always enjoyed just logging on in the afternoon with a plan to get stuff done, and by 2 in the morning had accomplished nothing because all we did was RP back then. That was only two summers ago, and it's really starting to hit me hard how much I've been missing it. I quit officially on December 4th, 2011, and it feels like it has been an eternity since I've been a part of a community like we had on Twisting Nether. As I read the articles about WoW's slow decline, it still pains me a lot to think that one day that it may be gone entirely. We have to save what we had -- and can have again -- while there is still an opportunity to do so. WoW's environment was so ideal for RP in a way I fear TES Online, or any other will never be able to match.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most. Kylok and I had an awesome run there for a long time. I remember RPing a ton with Nyali, Wrest, Nikaa, and the DHB.

If we can get this going again, I may be able to scrape up some money to buy back in.

Main RP Toon: Rhysta, Daelindvia

Horde Or Alliance? Rhysta - Alliance; Daelindvia - Horde

Guild: Rhysta: Order of the Redblade

Daelindvia: The Nightingales, previously DHB

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? So many...too hard to choose a favorite right now. I love any of the Redblade missions.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most? I am still in touch with many of them, did miss Nano but see she is posting again. I miss Masq and a lot of the DHB RPers.

Main RP Toon: Lixxel (H) and Rosepha (A)

Guild: AcqCo and Redblade Cors- I mean Order of the Redblade

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? I'm still waiting for the one that just makes me go WOW. I always enjoyed themed get-togethers.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most? Belsy <3

screen10.jpg

Main RP Toon: Urivial Beckett

Horde Or Alliance? Alliance

Guild: The Dusk Watch

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? I loved every single RP storyline I watched/was a part of while on TN. I'll never forget this server.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most? When thinking about amount of time, I have to say that Cavanaugh was someone that I truly missed for the remainder of my time on TN after he stopped playing. But truthfully, I miss RPing with every last one of you, even those of you who may not like me for one reason or another.

http://i.imgur.com/MFcXMDB.jpg

It's been great folks, but I don't intend to ever return to Twisting Nether. I would love to participate in any events you want me to be part of, I'd love to RP with pretty much any of you, but Emerald Dream has swallowed me up whole, and with finally having a job, and college classes, I prefer the active laid back atmosphere of a larger population server.

While I don't really intend on coming back to WoW, there were good times to be had here on TN, and folks I miss dearly.

Main RP Toon:Evellin

Horde Or Alliance? Alliance

Guild: Redblade Corsairs

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? There were a lot. I loved the RP spurred by the events and Scourge attacks on the city pre-WotLK, where the Cathedral was the last bastion of safety in Stormwind and everyone had to work together to stay alive. I also have a fondness for when RBC was first founded, and RPing with my pirate crew, and all the fun guild events that were had. I also really enjoyed some of the limited cross-faction RP I had in my early days of WoW.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most? There's several for this one; there would have to be, having played this game for a solid 7 years. Even some I haven't seen since Vanilla WoW, but I've been missing the hilarity of Cuergo and Tovann quite a bit these days.

amusingpic.jpg

Main RP Toon: Korveth, though I dont do much at the moment.

Horde Or Alliance? Alliance currently

Guild: Order of the redblade

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? Grim onslaughts if those count...

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most? Ugraz

Share a screenshot from an RP you enjoyed: Nay

Main RP Toon: Liadain Greyhame (Dunraven), Imalar/Imara Wildmane and a motley crew of alts

Horde Or Alliance? Both

Guild: The Blades of Lordaeron, Empyrean Dawn, Tears of Elune, The Raven Cross

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? There were SO many. In the early days of the server, the cross faction RP was spectacular.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most? Really too many to name, though I keep in touch with quite a few of them in other contexts. Morghoul, Redburn, Ophiella, Lorandir, Mayday, Diomades/Unulu, Skafloc, Feorn, Ansha, Seras, Julu, Abric, Sanrin... SO MANY MORE

I'm still around these days on WRA. Chillin with some pandas and a surly blood elf mage turned hunter.

Main RP Toon: Ashenfury

Horde Or Alliance? Do I look like a sissy blue badged human lover?

Guild: The Grim

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? PvP Patrols (The Superweapon)

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most? My crew + Leyujin

Share a screenshot from an RP you enjoyed: No.

I basically stopped playing before 90% of you here now started.

When I did play, my character -- Manus Trebelium, the EnheilRas -- was a notorious personality. I did not get involved in forum RP here, nor did I interact with storywriters or even join guilds from here -- although Manus has, to count, the longest backstory on this forum.

Diomedes may have met him once. Keraph maybe two or three times. He would always be found on the warfront -- those 4-8 hour Alterac Valley wars most notably -- and lead the Horde to fifty straight victories on Twisting Nether.

I don't really play anymore, but I did want to poke my head in and say hello to anyone that happens to remember me!

Main RP Toon: Diomades / Unulu / Chikt

Horde Or Alliance?: Horde

Guild: The Raven Cross

What was your favorite RP event or storyline?: There were some amazing ones, but I think as far as memorable purely RP stories go I'd have to choose the founding of the Raven Cross and the events that led up to it.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most?: Geez, there are so many people. I could name a bunch of close old friends from the Raven Cross - Arokai, Imara, Leoren, Yatokth, Anorah and more - but I seriously miss a lot of the great Alliance buddies I made that went on to be great friends that I still keep in touch with on occasion today!

I think I saw Leo in a BG on my Nelf Mage. He's a Human Paladin on Emerald Dream, and he was leading a "cross" guild.

Thanks for the invite, but I'm not ever resubbing or logging into the game again. I still come to this website out of habbit, so I dunno why I'm even here >>.

I left for reasons I pointed out dozens of times on these forums.

I had good times in WoW, I played on both Horde and Alliance. I was part of the best undead guild to ever walk the face of World of Warcraft, I lead one of the coolest Scarlet Crusade spinoffs ever. I wrote epic storylines, met people I'm still friends with today. But alas, WoW is just not for me anymore. I would make some excuse that it's not "you" it's me, but really it is the game. The game has grown in a direction that I just can't follow. I've moved on to greener pastures, and even there I grow weary and move on.

I basically stopped playing before 90% of you here now started.

When I did play, my character -- Manus Trebelium, the EnheilRas -- was a notorious personality. I did not get involved in forum RP here, nor did I interact with storywriters or even join guilds from here -- although Manus has, to count, the longest backstory on this forum.

Diomedes may have met him once. Keraph maybe two or three times. He would always be found on the warfront -- those 4-8 hour Alterac Valley wars most notably -- and lead the Horde to fifty straight victories on Twisting Nether.

You started playing with me with a low character when I started playing!

Main RP Toon: Lynsay/Theodora/Lissianna/Arialene/Tianisa

Horde Or Alliance? Was Alliance, then Horde, now back to Alliance

Guild: Was Drangonhawk Brigade, now I'm with Invictus Sanctum on Cenarion Circle

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? It's a toss-up between my current storyline with my paladin and her past, and my undead hunter Buttons, who was insane and obsessed with stealing buttons from everyone.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most? Leibowitz, no contest

Share a screenshot from an RP you enjoyed: Sadly, I'm really bad at taking SSs and they would be on my old harddrive, which I don't know how to access at the present time. Perhaps I'll be able to come access the forum at a later date.

Main RP Toon: Swerto, then Alexialas

Horde Or Alliance? Horde, then Alliance

Guild: Infection, then Lordaeron's Call. Was also a member of Da Cartel Enforcers back in the day, as well as Praetorian Guard before I left the game.

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? The death of Swerto is up there, the storyline I had going with infection was giong pretty well with Loraeron's Call.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most? She died IRL.

Share a screenshot from an RP you enjoyed: No screenies left.

Main RP Toon: Reroma

Horde Or Alliance? Horde

Guild: Was Dragonhawk Brigade, then Drihum Vishanta for a while before I transferred

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? Quite a few I enjoy, but can't name at the moment xD

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most? UGRAZ

Share a screenshot from an RP you enjoyed: I got none of RP, most of my screenshots are of rare mounts :(

I would probably still be playing had life not called for me to stop playing. Like Swerto I come here out of habit, and I only keep in touch with one other player these days. Maybe some day I'll be able to come back, who knows? Even though I moved to WrA, I'd still do cross transfer stuff.

Main RP Toon: Kakabel- Bella

Horde Or Alliance? Horde

Guild: Nightingale

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? I haven't had one yet, though I did like some of the themed events we had in the past.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most? Everyone

Share a screenshot from an RP you enjoyed: I don't has any on this computer.

Main RP Toon: Visararath Daleran`

Horde Or Alliance? Horde

Guild: Lots of them, but forever Infection

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? Too much Nostalgia for the brain to handle. Rping with Ulroci, Clys, Nadea and Keraph, Shadowspeak, Gorthok, The Rest Inn Peace tavern that was rp chat in Vanilla and Burning Crusade, then in wrath new friends, Calystae, Taelorian, Kahra, Isendre too many to name. I showed up to some events, never really cared for events, random rp was always the way to go, ecounters along the way, or around the cities, I think what I miss the most though is hunting and being hunted by the alliance guys I never knew, your own different personalities really made it worthwhile to kill you all. So thank you everyone.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time. All of em.

Main RP Toon: Keraph Xalascent and Cerryan Vyel

Horde Or Alliance? Horde for both

Guild: <Infection> and <Order of Eversong>, respectively.

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? There's been a lot of great stuff, but Death of a Blood Knight was perhaps one of the most memorable and impactful storylines I've had the pleasure of taking part in.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most? My oldies, Rhowen, Kurohane, Sanrin, Clys and Danlily, Leoren, Dio and the Raven Cross Band (I'd pay to see that show), Dartsnap, the first guildmistress of Infection and someone I owe a lot of great memories on this server to, and many more that I can't even fully list out.

Share a screenshot from an RP you enjoyed: Forthcoming, when I'm on my home PC.

Main RP Toon:(H) Brishen, (A) McCharming

Guild: The Grim, Order of the Redblade (so conflicted right now)

What was your favorite RP event or storyline? Sadly haven't been involved in to many story lines yet, as I'm slowly coming out of my shell... I've mostly been in tavern nights with lower lvl RP alts.

Who is someone that you used to RP with and haven't heard from in a long time, that you miss the most? Having started at the decline of the server RP, any and all!

My name is Liffle Jabberlittle of the Alliance, you will soon come to know the true terror of the gnomish race YOU WILL ALL FEAR MY MIGH- oh, um, h-hello!

Order of the Redblade!

Just started!