Sign in to follow this  
Lenah

Dear Greatfather Winter ((Open))

Dear Greatfather Winter,

I hope I'm on your good list! You don't gotta get me anything this year. I just want some gold. And maybe some new robes. Been tearing and burning them up this year, you see. You know what would be cool? One of those hot jungle hats I see people wearing around town. They keep coming in and out of season and I ain't never had one before. By the way, last year's gift was kinda tacky. I'd rather have a robot toy any day, not that ugly sweater. But it's the thought that counts, I guess.

By the way, I got some suggestions for your naughty list. Ugraz, for pooping on my favorite hat. Altherion, for having mood swings and just being outright scary. And Gnomes. All of them. Including the ones that help you throughout the year. Just fire them all and hire Goblins, like me.

Love,

Lixxel

Dear Grandfather Winter

I know that I am probably, if not absolutely on your naughty list. But this request is not for my own gain, no, it’s for my crew members. I know that they have been though Light knows what kind of hell in their lives. If you can just grant them their wishes, it would make me one happy Captain. You don’t need to grant me anything this year, I am sure I can gain the items I require under my own strength.

But, if you REALLY want to give me something. Please, clear the fog out of my mind and let me know the truth about myself. Of who I am and who I was meant to be.... Also, give me my powers back.

PS: And give Lindsey a beautifully crafted necklace.

-Lord Captain Ranavos Abner

Dear Great-Father Winter:

I believe I have gone out of my way enough this year to do 'nice' things.

I healed and blessed my fellow Horde even if I did not like them. I did not attempt to kill my husband, instead, I got him a really cool panther made of rubies. I kept my hands to myself when the Alliance wandered Halfhill Market, the Darkmoon Carnival, and other such places for the vast majority of the time. I was obedient to my guild and my Warchief on almost every order I was given. I even stopped throwing empty bottles at strangers, and using moonwells as bathrooms, and I'm trying to stop running away when fights go badly and while I haven't always kept to that one I'm trying and that's what counts.

I demand in return the following: A new dagger (as the one I had went over a waterfall in the Jade Forest months ago), an improved harness and saddle for Tiborstraz that he cannot easily undo with his claws, and a fresh batch of thistle from deep within the forests of Quel'thalas.

I have even done you the courtesy of suggesting a few names for your 'naughty' list this year:

Urivial Beckett

Varian Wrynn (but get Anduin something nice. I like that kid.)

Vaedoras Starshade

Illisade Shadesong (really, there's just nothing redeeming about this one.)

Regards,

Prof. S. N. Quel'Ivan

Dear Greatfather Winter,

You cannot give me what I want. But I implore you, this year, in festive spirit, to deliver others gifts that they deserve.

Case in point, sir:

Altherion Talil and Urivial Beckett ought to be delivered bombs that explode upon unwrapping.

Sincerely,

Evellin Stormguarde

Dear Greatfather Winter,

My sister has been through so much this year. Really all I want this year, is the head of one Urivial Beckett sent to me on a platter.

Oh...and maybe...a shiny new sword if you can't give me his head. I would like to kill him myself.

Sincerely, Kailei Windstalker

----------------------

Dear Greatfather Winter,

I would like...for the nightmares to stop.

And something to help me sleep...

Sincerely, Nanori Windstalker

P.S. Get my sister whatever she wants, she has gone above and beyond for me in the past week or so.

----------------------

Dear Greatfather Winter,

Make my S1:7 file disappear...I would really like it if people stopped "learning" that I used to be a tracker. It would save me lots of headaches.

Oh, and I need pet toys...LOTS of pet toys.

Sincerely, Shayleen Hamilton

-----------------------

Dear Greatfather Winter,

I would like it if the fighting were to stop. Bring the Alliance peace, and even bring it to the Horde...but by the Light, make it stop.

A new set of wine glasses for home might be nice otherwise.

Sincerely, Aeiryn Hamilton

((did it for all four woo!))

Dear Greatfather Winter,

I've done too much wrong as of late, I don't ask of anything for myself.

I do ask that those who are less fortunate and have been through so

much be given what they want and need.

But if there's anything I would ask of you, it would be this. Please...

make this madness stop, all this fighting all this nonsense. I just want

things to go back to the way they were, before everything just went

to hell within the Watch and beyond.

I guess in a nutshell, I just want peace of mind again, like the good old days.

Sincerely, Daniyel H. Methias

Dear Greatfather Winter,

Protect the young and the innocent. There's only so much one Blood Knight can do against the restless evils of this world.

-Raynell

Dear Greatfather Winter,

Your time is over. -I'm- the new Greatfather. We'll see who delivers better presents. You'll probably continue to send people to rescue your pig-ridden reindeers, you disgusting pervert.

Rot you fat f-ck.

-Greatfather Ugraz

PLAAAY TIME!

Me hear you give stuffs! Well, me want...Friends! More friends! Yes, yes, yes yes yes. Flowers, lots of flowers. And coffee. More coffee than anyone! Jitters be good! He sniff hair and hug friends and be nice to Mommy and Daddy!

...Mommy and Daddy... Jitters... Jitters wants a family! A mommy and daddy who don't leave!

-jitters

Dear Greatfather Winter,

I already got what I wanted and needed the most. There's nothing more that could ever top that. Thank you.

-Nika

Dear Greatfather Viiinter,

No new tarot cards for me zhis year,

Nor a new cat carrier for Velen's Beard.

Instead, ze tiiing I vish from you

Is a treaty between ze "Reds" and ze "Blues."

May my vriends' grudges cease for vone day:

Years of vengeance and regret be wiped avay.

So zhat ALL may gather as vone on Vinter's Veil

And end zhis exciting year vith a happy tale.

Zhey call me naive vithout end

For even attempting zuch a futile request.

But Peace to them: both foe and vriend

And a happy 'Varm Pleasure Smile' to ze rest.

- Tuuroto the Starseer

((Thread revival for a new year!))

Dear Greatfather Winter,

I wonder how I will get this letter to you. I do hope that Winter Veil is pushed back this year until we can get back to Azeroth. Otherwise, you're short on clients. I've been a very good girl this second half of the year and need a new rifle, just like my old one. Nigel has been a very good boy too and I'm sure he would love a new collar. Something with spikes would be sure to make the orcs wet themselves.

If you would like to add Ark to the naughty list, I wouldn't blame you.

Happy Winter Veil!

-Rosepha Anderson

Dear Greatfather Winter,

I'd like something in my life to happens that's worthy of a new surname. It's been years since I hit the age of majority. I want to feel like it!

Sincerely,

-- Dinpik Fogbuster (who's really tired of using her mother's last name)

Dear Greatfather Winter,

This is really awkward. Partially because Im just a figment of a broken man's mind. Partially because we collectively are also a living corpse brought back from the dead to maim, murder, plunder and such in the name of our now dead prick of a Prince, Arthas. Mostly because as a general rule, Ive been on the naughty list since I was knee high. I'm writing this because I think this is going to be my last Winterveil. Good news, James is getting better. He's still a moping mess, hopeless as ever, but he's waking up. Poor guy barely has a waking thought in so many years and now he's finally getting it back together. I dont know what that means for me but I figure I best make the time that Ive got worth something. Anywho, I just wanted to ask that any good graces I might still have, if any at all, get put towards the kids in the various Orphanages along your way. For now I think its time to sleep. Its been fun.

-Barnabus J. Freakke