Sign in to follow this  
Altherion

Creepy Crawlies ((Closed))

The Professor let out an initial yelp at being jettisoned from the cave so violently, but the relief to look around and be able to see that she was on the surface again was enough to quickly put any upset she might be feeling to rest.

Oh how I missed you, sky.

"Of course, of course. It truly is always a party with you around, Altherion." Svetlaena said as she was put back on the firm earth. A glance to the south and she took a deep breath, happy to be finally out of the rancid cave air. Thinking fast she extracted some parchment from her bag and began to wrap the crystal up, hiding it from view. "I'll make my way south from here; my associate is waiting to port this thing safely off-continent and we'll get to work."

"Yes, of course, a Party." His eyes fixed on the overflow of Sha energy North of them. There was a beating of wings over the sound of the loose magics in the area. The Drake landed, spreading her wings and roaring. Around her neck was a necklace of skulls, and dangling off her left flank was an Ebon Blade banner. The right had a slightly older banner, a torn Scourge flag. Altherion began climbing into the saddle, before looking back at Svetlaena.

For a moment, the humor vanished. Anger and bitterness flashed in his eyes, and his voice sounded hostile. "Good luck with the study, Professor." The Drake beat her wings hard, lifting into the air, before flapping them regularly and flying North East. After a moment, she swooped past the Wall. The gust of wind subsided, leaving Svetlaena with her Crystal. South of her, the entrance to the Caverns was still exposed to the Sunlight...

Svetlaena didn't say a word as he took off, nor did he wait for her to. That final strange moment was enough to keep her there, staring, tapping her finger against her chin in thought.

She wasn't made a Professor for nothing. The little woman knew something was up, but she was trying to determine just how much she cared. After all, it'd put something incredible in her hands and given her the freedom to study it. What was a little danger in exchange for such ancient and possibly powerful knowledge?

With a final disdainful glance at the entrance to the cavern, she started to make her way Southward.