Sign in to follow this  

Site Downtime TODAY 1pm EST

Villayna    0

I'll be bringing the site down tomorrow (Thursday) for probably 6-10 hours to upgrade to TNG3.0. If something happens during the upgrade process, it may take longer.

I've started working through some changes to permissions today. To start with, I've removed all tags from everything. I'd like the tag system to be used for what it's actually meant for..making searches for specific content easier, not for pranking and idiocy, which is what the vast majority of tags are used for now.

I've also removed all inactive moderators. I will be going back to a "If you aren't playing a main character actively on TN, you will not be a moderator here" rule. By "moderator", I mean members who can respond to complaints by deleting posts and giving infractions to those who aren't following the rules. There may be a couple spots open for this. Send me a PM if you are interested.

With the new site will come more ways in which people can help out. There will be a front page and a sections where we can pool useful articles that currently the only way we can emphasize them is by making them sticky. I'm looking for mature volunteers who can help sift through the information we already have here and tag/promote useful posts. I'll also be calling out for people interested in writing informational posts that will be up-to-date with Cataclysm. Currently I have sections for RP, PVP, PVE, and stories and art.

In addition to the front page changes, I'll be adding a shoutbox. Hopefully some of the spam that currently fills up the blog section can be diverted here in a place that isn't permanently taking up database space. Right now I plan on a general use tab (pg13), a strict RP tab, and possibly group invite only tabs depending on demand. This will be a new feature that will be monitored and evaluated as people make use of it.

There will also be space for guild and event advertisements. There will be more information when the new site opens. but if you want to get a jumpstart on this, the requirements are: It HAS to be RP related, and must be submitted in the form of a 250x250px image (.jpg or .png format) along with a link (where do you want the person to go when it's clicked...either your guild website, or maybe a post here on TNG that give the person more information).

Lysimachus    10

I approve of this wholeheartedly! Can't wait to see the new look in action :D

The preview you gave us a months ago looked snazzy, if that's what you're still planning to stick with. It'll be great to give the place a facelift and content-lift.

Nikaa    24

Oh no, I'm going to go through such withdrawel at work tomorrow! *tears out hair* I swear I can't wait for my break every couple hours to check the forums.

The changes sound awesome, though- especially the Shoutbox, can't wait for that.

Vyn    10

Yikes! What am I gonna tab over to do in commercial breaks?

You mean I'll have to actually check Facebook or play WoW or something?!?

Good luck with the maintenance Villy. I look forward to the new stuff! :)