1. 1. Mobile Devices and TNG

• I access TNG on mobile devices frequently, works great as is
    • I access TNG on mobile devices, but it's a bit clutsy
    • I access TNG on mobile devices, but only every now and then
    • I have a mobile device, but TNG isn't a priority
    • I don't have a mobile device but Christmas is coming soon
    • I don't have a mobile device and don't plan on getting one anytime soon

Villayna    0

Out of curiosity, how many people access TNG with mobile devices? Or would if it was easier, or if you had a smart phone? There's a couple things I can do with the new site to make it easier if people are interested.

Fjordan    10

Holy crap I was thinking of this same topic like, two days ago. Only complaint is the size of the site, the drop-menus, and somewhat difficult accessibility (as far as finding certain threads, links, groups or pictures go); all of this being accessed through my phone of course. HTC Hero.

Lurile    10

The problem with the menus is the way they're rendered on mobile safari (they have half the load time of a webpage instead of moving like smooth javascript) but really, I don't think it's anythiing to worry about, especially with TNG v3 coming so soon.

Nel    10
I access TNG from my bed everyday on my iPod touch and it works just fine for me

OMG finally someone else does this! :D

Too bad TNG right now has frozen my ZuneHD's capability to use the internet... lol

I am stuck on the site, it can't load for some reason, every time I try to go a different site it freezes, and I can't delete the history/cookies on the device to get past it either due to the same reason.

All of my other ZuneHD's don't have this problem so it's probably nothing to do with TNG. /shrug

Mortica    5

I saw an android app thing somewhere, but they wanted money, both from me for hosting whatever script that helps, and from the user. I think it was a "normal" app price of like $4 or something, I forget what they wanted from me.

Szordrin    10

I'm currently accessing tng from my Droid phone. The issues I've ran into in the past were the drop down menus, sometimes typing but I have a hunch that's my fault. The site advertisement sometimes overlaps onto the top drop down menu now with the new design as well.

Crowe    10

I'm sorry I didn't see the thread when the poll was still open. I generaly use my phone to view TNG, a lot more often than on a computer. I have a Blackberry for now, upgrading to a droid soon. I have no problems viewing anything on the site.

Keraph    16

So far I haven't had any major issues viewing TNG on my Droid, but I've only done so a couple times. I can use the shoutbox via my phone just fine, at least!

Nel    10
I patched something today that is supposed to help mobile users. I don't have a mobile device, so I have no idea what it did :)

I will check it out later today and edit this with my results. :)

EDIT:

Well, I tried to edit this from my Zune last night, but found that I couldn't see the "save" button. So no more making posts for me on my Zune. But everything -did- load faster.

Folvelor    0
For those of you with iPhones, you can use the free VBulletin app to access TNG easier: http://itunes.apple.com/app/vbulletin-mobile/id401734344?mt=8

I downloaded this app awhile back and experimented with it, but it appears to actually be only for the vbulletin.com forums themselves, not any forum running vbulletin. At least, I couldn't figure out a way to access any other sites from it.