Is the RP on TN...  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is the RP on TN...

• Advanced
    • Adequate
    • Poor
    • Complete rubbish

Hello everyone,

Once upon a time I played World of Warcraft, only on Twisting Nether server as a matter of a fact. Now, as time went on the RP began to fail horribly and I went through some serious life changes roughly the same time so I got rid of my account.

Now I have been told by a bunch of buddies that this upcoming expansion is supposed to make everything super amazing again but my question to you, all of you, is how is the RP on TN these days?

Be honest with me. I would consider myself an excellent RPer so unless there is some solid RP going on I am not interested.

I understand this all sounds horribly stuck up but the only reason I ever played WoW was for the RP.

Your honesty is appreciated!

Thank you,

Tempest

Screw Nether legends just log-in and join /RP There is roleplay at 8 in Old Town every weekday! And Church of the Light Services on Sunday. If you join Lordaeron's Call we have meetings every Tuesday.

Just pop-in and say hi and join an rp guild and you'll have plenty.

Tbh I'd say somewhere BETWEEN advanced and adequate.

Agreed

You might wanna try out The Dusk Watch, we're a large guild focused around RP with PvP aspects.

I know Horde side, RPing out the shattering has been amazing. We're rescuing the wounded and taking them back to Sun Rock Retreat where we heal them -- when we were discussing the whole ordeal Deathwing attacked. It was thiiiiiiiiiiis amazing. Oh, and he didn't touch a single pebble of Sun Rock when he attacked.

I agree, I would place the RP between advanced and adequate, only because there are people and guilds who don't RP at all.

However, the RP community as a whole has been spectacular. Just spend some time on these forums and you'll see what I mean. The forums are extremely active, and once you get yourself involved with the RP guilds on whichever side you play, you'll find more RP than you probably have time for.

Alliance side, I also want to mention Invictus Sanctum, a great RP guild that has been around something like 5 or 6 years. We're very active, weekly RP guild meetings and other events, PvP, raiding, explorations, etc. http://invictussanctum.net/

I also can't say enough good things about the other guilds like Dusk Watch who are great if you like a lot of PvP along with your RP, Seventy Third who are very social, etc. And from what I have heard, the RP on the horde side is even more abundant. I think you'll like it here. :)

I think my favorite thing about the RP on this server is the Horde/Alliance crossover RP-PvP. Just this week we had a couple of huge battles between some of the RP guilds on both sides, and the friendships and mutual respect on these forums make things like that incredibly fun.

I don't know what is an acceptable level of RP for you but from the wording in your post i imagine it as a level of RPing that does not exist outside of a Pen and Paper environment. Perhaps you should be more specific with the RP you are looking for because everyone is going to have different ideas of what is adequate.

I find all the RP i want on this server.

*edit* she didn't mention The Inglorious either... and we are way cooler :P

There are a few friendly Alliance RP guilds. If your character is into fighting the Forsaken around Lordaeron, check out Lordaeron's Call. PvP based and the members are friendly. Other wise I would say IS too, since I hear they touch down on everything it seems. Also Cav's new RPPvP guild, which it's name eludes me right now.

I voted "Adequate" but I reflect the sentiment that it is more between the two.

This is also a PvP realm, and you will run into a LOT of non-rpers. Most of them are chill, but you WILL catch grief for being an RPer on this server (though not as much, I would guess, as you might on a straight RP server). Just RP at them, it both infuriates them and invalidates their trolling, all without breaking character!

Sorry for not mentioning more guilds by name! I couldn't possibly remember them all, and some of them I haven't interacted directly with yet, so the names escaped me, which is why I threw in the 'etc.'

Tempest, why don't you try rolling a level 1 and just mingle a bit before you pay $$ for a transfer. You could easily do this with a few RP realms and get some first hand experience before making the jump.

Betcha you end up with us, though. ;)

Adequate indeed.

The Horde have more role players but they are far more cliquish and less open to public RP.

The Alliance on the other hand have fewer role players but work with one another to construct public RP events.

I voted "Adequate" but I reflect the sentiment that it is more between the two.

This is also a PvP realm, and you will run into a LOT of non-rpers. Most of them are chill, but you WILL catch grief for being an RPer on this server (though not as much, I would guess, as you might on a straight RP server). Just RP at them, it both infuriates them and invalidates their trolling, all without breaking character!

Haha. I have RPed on this server afore, I know what the griefers are like. I was more curious how the RP is doing amongst those who actually RP now. When I left it had suffered something fierce. I hope its recovered!

Haha. I have RPed on this server afore, I know what the griefers are like. I was more curious how the RP is doing amongst those who actually RP now. When I left it had suffered something fierce. I hope its recovered!

The biggest factor to RP dying on any server is the individual Role Player losing interest in the game itself.

That being said 'Clysm will put the RP community on steroids.

You may like Invictus Sanctum. We're a light RP/PvE/PvP guild. At least I think that's right...

*Looks to another guild member to confirm this.*

You may like Invictus Sanctum. We're a light RP/PvE/PvP guild. At least I think that's right...

*Looks to another guild member to confirm this.*

Light RP/PvP Medium PvE.

Although I guess it can be argued.