Selash

Alright, this time it's personal.

I'd also like to note that Romans 9:13 has absolutely NOTHING to do with nerds.

According to the King James Version : As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

WTB FANTATICS THAT KNOW THEIR SCRIPTURE!!

ffs

Edited for :

340x.jpg

Durdur    10

I protested them two.. three?.. maybe four years ago.. when they came to my hometown.

I watched one of the old devil women get pushed into the bushes by a giant gay biker.

It was a good day.

Necroxis    10
The only time I've dealt with them is when they protested at NIU's school shooting wake's and funerals, as well as vigils.

I wanted to go to that SO badly, but I was still in High School and NIU was like 2 hours away from me.

I heard they might show up, but I never followed up on finding out if they did or not.

Oh and:

The image in that article looks like they're pretty much forfeiting any possibility that they can be taken seriously anymore....

They were ever taken seriously?

Amoola    10

This bunch keep sounding more and more like some real prize winners. Though, as I had to point out in a FB conversation to a friend, the first person/group to shoot or bomb them or hell really start anything serious with them potentially gets them martyred.

When possible diffuse them with massive amounts of humor (like at a comic convention) and calmly block or ignore them when they are being idiots like at funerals etc.

I'm sure that any group who is targeted (or in some of the examples those who are friends of the targeted group) can think their way through it to end the situation with non violent means.

I wonder how the Westboro folks would react to a big group of cross dressers (acting it up to the nines and poking fun of themselves as they go) holding signs that are parodies on the ones that are being carried by the Westboro people just calmly joined the group as if they belonged?

If they start protesting any non Christian groups (in my area since I can't really travel too far) And I am so there! I'll have to come up with a good sign or two and some protest phrases in Gaelic, then I'll be good to go and mingle while mocking. ;)

Alekander    10

Does anyone know how common these things are near Hampton Roads VA? (OUR NAVAL BASE IS THE BEST NAVAL BASE IN THE WORLD MMKAY I <33 JET NOISE IN URFACE, sorry)

I would like to protest something this stupid. I am sorta bored of knocking on doors for Congressman Glenn Nye. Also, this hasn't been a good week for me and I need something stupid and funny to do that probably won't end with me injured.

Gorvena    1

These folks are real-world trolls. Protesting against them will only give them the attention they crave. Ignore them long enough and they will go away.

Kelven    10

They came to Canada once, to protest... uh, Canada, I think. They tried to burn a Canadian flag on Parliament Hill but couldn't get it to light.

An RCMP officer came over and showed them how to douse the flag in kerosene and get it to burn safely. He gave them some fire safety tips and encouraged them to have a nice stay in Ottawa.

This sort of took the wind out of their sails and they went home.

EDIT: Also, revenge fantasies aside, I think murdering American citizens - no matter how annoying they are - at an American soldier's funeral would probably be in really poor taste. Which is probably why it hasn't happened yet.

Cessily    10
Oh! Oh! I get to use this sign again AND more than 3 people will understand the humor!

28579_870868206033_6235032_47161313_6525282_n.jpg

28579_870868201043_6235032_47161312_4015349_n.jpg

That is...if someone wants to pay for my trip...

<3 the Lovecraft and Doug ones! I would totally pay for your trip, if I had any cash!