Betrayl

I Was Bored

Well, during the time I was deprived of the net, I was drawing. So here is what I came up with...ENJOY!!

First we have one I know well and I decided to draw his toon. Wolfley. I'm still deciding what to put in the stained glass window behind him.

Priest_by_Betrayl.jpg

Second, is a relaxed paladin...my paladin Ry.

Paladins_Day_Off_by_Betrayl.jpg

Next is a Mage I decided to draw, just for the challenge.

Human_Mage_by_Betrayl.jpg

And next, a Warlock...um..yeah.

Warlock_by_Betrayl.jpg

And last, just an insparation by the movie AVATAR. Here is Khaltura the Dragon.

Khaltura_the_Dragon_by_Betrayl.jpg

=O I had no idea you were this skilled, very nice, very very nice work indeed.

I have lots of hidden tallent :P Thanx Demitri...hehe.

Very, very solid.

Your sense of volume is excellent, and your appreciation for light and shade is incredibly refreshing. Proportion right now is you're biggest enemy (and such an enemy it is - I still hate it. :<), I'd also take a chance and do some full body drawings - test your pelvic/leg structure art-muscles.

Definitely some very nice work. Not many artists have an appreciation for the subtle.

Oh, and it's not anime. -thumbs up-

Very, very solid.

Your sense of volume is excellent, and your appreciation for light and shade is incredibly refreshing. Proportion right now is you're biggest enemy (and such an enemy it is - I still hate it. :<), I'd also take a chance and do some full body drawings - test your pelvic/leg structure art-muscles.

Definitely some very nice work. Not many artists have an appreciation for the subtle.

Oh, and it's not anime. -thumbs up-

Heh, I supose I'd better get on the ball with some full action pieces.=D

I assume you're using alot of smudging for your shading? While its effective, it can also be alittle difficult to control and erase when those unfortunate mistakes start popping up.

I'd recommend starting to look at old woodcut prints and older ink drawings on hatching techniques, its a good skill to pick up.

I assume you're using alot of smudging for your shading? While its effective, it can also be alittle difficult to control and erase when those unfortunate mistakes start popping up.

I'd recommend starting to look at old woodcut prints and older ink drawings on hatching techniques, its a good skill to pick up.

Heh it can be when your not used to using your fingers to shade, however I use my fingers and a blending tortillion. =D

Lamb skin shamie (though I think its spelled shamois) are good for that too, but can sometimes push too far into the paper. Hatching really is good thing to learn, start experimenting! Pick up older comic books, especially Bernie Wrightson, and even more so, his Frankenstien book. Such a fantastic representation of inking techniques.

Lamb skin shamie (though I think its spelled shamois) are good for that too, but can sometimes push too far into the paper. Hatching really is good thing to learn, start experimenting! Pick up older comic books, especially Bernie Wrightson, and even more so, his Frankenstien book. Such a fantastic representation of inking techniques.

I'll take a peak..and yeah the skin does press too hard leaving the area your working on blochy. At least that's the issue I've had. Not too mention, I guess it would be better if I had used graphite for the penciling...(chuckles). A smoother and cleaner image would have been nice, but I didn't have the graphite or smooth Bristol board =(.

I'll take a peak..and yeah the skin does press too hard leaving the area your working on blochy. At least that's the issue I've had. Not too mention, I guess it would be better if I had used graphite for the penciling...(chuckles). A smoother and cleaner image would have been nice, but I didn't have the graphite or smooth Bristol board =(.

The oils from your fingers can make it look dirty and flat - learning to layer and hatch with lighter pencils to get a rich tone generally gives you a fuller shadow, and leaves little 'specks' of white inside your shadow (because on a microscopic physical level - you won't cover all of the paper with the graphite, because paper, microscopically, isn't flat), however small, that make it shine a little bit.

It would definitely be good to learn how to produce tones and gradations as well as hard edges just with the pencil itself, but it's something you can try when you feel comfortable.

The oils from your fingers can make it look dirty and flat - learning to layer and hatch with lighter pencils to get a rich tone generally gives you a fuller shadow, and leaves little 'specks' of white inside your shadow (because on a microscopic physical level - you won't cover all of the paper with the graphite, because paper, microscopically, isn't flat), however small, that make it shine a little bit.

It would definitely be good to learn how to produce tones and gradations as well as hard edges just with the pencil itself, but it's something you can try when you feel comfortable.

Heh I hear yas, I've been drawing since I was 6, but got rusty over the years. I plan on painting them after trasfering them onto bristol bard, or maybe canvas...I'm not sure yet. What you think, and yes, this means re-drawing them on my decided media.

Oh and about using a pencil for various tones, yes i've done that. it take a lot of pateince and a steady hand concerning it depends on how much pressure you place on the pencil to give off the shading depth...heh I should try using that tecnique again.