Blog Moderation

Villayna    0

I just want to make sure people know that they have the power to delete comments that are made to their blogs that are inappropriate or rude.

You can also make your blog private, so that only people on your friends list can see them.

Villayna    0

New Blogging Rules

1. Keep it clean. This is in reference to to both "adult" NSFW things, and what I'll refer to as "13 year old" humor.

2. A picture is not worth a thousand words. If your immediate reaction to a post or someone else's comment is to post a lolpic, don't. This is not to say you (Carlos) cannot post a blog with a funny picture as part of the content. This rule is specifically targetted at "picspam" when people feel the need to continuously out do each other on finding the stupidest image on the internet. It's already on the internet, it doesn't need to be on TNG also.

3. Keep drama to a minimum. What is, and isn't drama is up for interpretation. Just know that if drama happens, it will either be deleted (non-constructive drama), or forced to a private setting.

4. No Trolling/Harassment.

5. No vulgar/hate speech.

I will probably be amending these rules as needed. Feel free to make suggestions as this is a rough first draft.

Villayna    0

You'll be able to use the img tags in the comments, but not the main blog. If I could figure out a way to make it so only blogs without img tags would be eligible for the random blog top thing, then I'd reallow them. No more opening the blog page to huge images, yay!

opalexian    10
You'll be able to use the img tags in the comments, but not the main blog. If I could figure out a way to make it so only blogs without img tags would be eligible for the random blog top thing, then I'd reallow them. No more opening the blog page to huge images, yay!

Oh cool, this means no more 'featured blog' with a giant pic...its not Carlos hate at all <3 Now if you could just figure out how to get Jeedup's 'I pooped' blogs off the 'featured blog' we'd be golden -_-

I am curious tho-what if the person ABSOLUTELY, DEFINITELY deserves to be trolled into the ground? >_> Just asking.

Seriously tho, if I were to make a friends-only blog and let any of this go on, would that then be deleted? Just curious.

Okhu    0
Oh cool, this means no more 'featured blog' with a giant pic...its not Carlos hate at all <3 Now if you could just figure out how to get Jeedup's 'I pooped' blogs off the 'featured blog' we'd be golden -_-

I am curious tho-what if the person ABSOLUTELY, DEFINITELY deserves to be trolled into the ground? >_> Just asking.

Seriously tho, if I were to make a friends-only blog and let any of this go on, would that then be deleted? Just curious.

You got your blogs back, stop complaining.

Villayna    0

There's got to be a better place to do it than on TNG.

Blogs posted as private will be given more leeway on most things, but are still subject to moderation if we feel the post isn't appropriate for some reason.

Mortica    5

While I am not going to expressly forbid political discussions in the Blogs, I do ask that people be mindful that not everyone here is going to agree with your views. Blogs have always been treated as somewhat "personal space" on TNG as long as you aren't making personal attacks on other people. The blog owner is capable of deleting any comment they don't want on their blog, and is expected to make some attempt at keeping the peace, so to speak. Remember we are all RPers, and TNG is for strengthening this community, rather than dividing it.

I still retain the right to remove anything I feel is too juvenile/distasteful, a personal attack on a member of TNG, or discussing subjects that I feel are inappropriate to be publicly displayed on TNG.

Necroxis    10

Personally I don't feel like its an issue unless it devolves into people just saying the other person is stupid (or any other insult), if the blog creator specifically made it with a political issue in mind. I mean, of course if its a blog about like SWTOR or something and I come in talking about Obama or Romney or something, then obviously that is not a correct place to discuss it.

Politics is naturally a heated topic, but unless it devolves into pointless name calling (And I've been guilty of this), I don't think it is inherently bad to talk about.

Mortica    5

I'm just being clear on my current thoughts about it while there isn't anything too controversial up. The coming election feels like the most divisive campaign I've ever experienced as most people I know are fully left or right and completely against the other side...like, you must be a complete idiot/lunatic to vote for *that* person. Plus, people here have in the past enjoyed playing with whatever line I put in the sand to see how much further they can go before I step in. Most of those people are gone now, but a few still lurk, and a few of the newer people have the picspam mentality that irritates the daylight out of me.