The_Golden_Wolf

My own way to remember

I'm unsure if it would be inappropriate but, this would be the second friend Carmen has lost. The first she named her wolf friend after. If it is not too inappropriate I would like to name her new wolf companion after Skaf. I remember the exchanges between the two of them and Carmen often referred to Skaf as "fox", "red", and "brother wolf". I would really like to do this, but I understand if it would be seen as insensitive.

Please let me know what you all think.

GRAH! Gonna go delete my other post so the response is in the appropriate place.

I'm unsure if it would be inappropriate but, this would be the second friend Carmen has lost. The first she named her wolf friend after. If it is not too inappropriate I would like to name a wolf companion after Skaf. I remember the exchanges between the two of them and Carmen often referred to Skaf as "fox", "red", and "brother wolf". I would really like to do this, but I understand if it would be seen as insensitive.

I honestly do not know how to handle this in character, but, yeah, I'd considered something similar - taming a Wotan or an Ebony for Nymare and keeping it, since I'd planned on using one or the other in the video tribute. I don't think it would be insensitive - one could name one's pet after another person out of admiration, or any number of reasons.

In character, I am assuming he continued on the journey he had been on to find himself. And, maybe with Blizzard's help, we'll see him again some day.

Thanks Nym, and I did see that! Hah, sorry. I even responded to it after it was deleted, ah well.

Yeah I didn't know how to handle this icly either. Skaf was a good mentor to Carmen for a while, though in his illness he was unable to continue that rp, he still left a lasting impression on her. Carmen was raised with the belief that wolves were sacred and always had companions she could call on (Yes I'm a dual-classer /cry). I did not want to jump the gun and just assume his character had died. Either way I would still like to do it, not sure what she'd name it but I can guarantee it would be respectful because of hers (and my own) respect for him and their mutual kinship and respect for wolves.

I'll be keeping my pet in memorial as well. I had been planning to let him go after a while, but after we found out he was sick I didn't have the heart to do it. It was a good joke, and I think remembering him with a chuckle once in a while isn't a bad thing at all.

So, for those who haven't seen it, the fourth permanent member of Saphiara's stable - Baron the Worm, standing in front of Ran'Deau Rock.

WoWScrnShot_122608_171452.jpg