Nymare

For Skafloc - Technical (sign up/suggestions)

I would like to record the in game event.

I would also like to maybe add recordings of those of us who'd like to say a few words, to the recording of this event.

So I need:

1. someone(s) familiar with things like FRAPS for recording in-game things
  2. possibly a vent server where we can be recorded - Leoren suggested an alternative, we can use the recording function on our computers to create a .wav of ourselves, instead, and send them to the person in charge of adding voice/sound/whatever else to the video

Please post here if you can: do any of the above, know someone who can so that I can talk to them.

Thank you!

I can offer both a 50person vent(I will inform the group using it now that I will need it for one night) And I also have a full retail version of GameCam, which is similar to Fraps. I will make sure it is working and that I fully understand it's use.

Alright, I've done a bit of looking into how we could gather as a group and get a vent recording together to at the very least make an audio card.

Vent itself has the means to record conversations, SO LONG AS THE SERVER HAS RECORDING ENABLED. I found out the ventrilo RC uses does not, though Thoraggar has offered us to use his ( 10 man cap I -think- ) which DOES have it enabled.

General Guide for those curious how to record vent convos: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=UHbKvF9Khpg

Okay. Now the rough bit is that it records the file in a format known as .vrf . This makes it pretty much ONLY usable ( playback etc ) within Ventrilo. I've been trying to make sense of the technical nightmare that is that format, but suffice to say there are currently no codecs or converters to turn it into anything remotely usable for the purposes of editing ( MP3s, Wavs, etc ).

However, there ARE programs out there we could use while replaying the recording in vent, to then record it into MP3, Wav or whatever format we choose. One such program I'm currently going to need to look into to verify is 'audacity' : http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

What this would give us is either a straight up audio card or a sound track for a Fraps video if anyone knows how to make one. Issues we'll likely need covered is finding somewhere to host some of these files so that the relevant parties can transfer what I imagine to be relatively big files back and forth between each other, and most importantly someone to actually take it all and meld it together, depending on how ambitious we're looking to make this. That person will likely need some sort of software to do so, I'm not really sure as this is the first time I've ever approached anything like this.

I have a program (WireTap) that will record (to .wav, .mp3, etc.) anything that comes out of my speakers, if that will help.

The only problem is it records everything, including beeps when people enter/exit vent.

I have a program (WireTap) that will record (to .wav, .mp3, etc.) anything that comes out of my speakers, if that will help.

The only problem is it records everything, including beeps when people enter/exit vent.

I think what you can do to avoid that problem is disable those sounds in vent itself. All you'd need to do is go to setup, go to the tab 'Events', select all the events which would create a sound and choose 'nothing' instead of the default .wav alert.

I can offer both a 50person vent(I will inform the group using it now that I will need it for one night) And I also have a full retail version of GameCam, which is similar to Fraps. I will make sure it is working and that I fully understand it's use.

If you're talking about mine then no. And by no I mean yes ; 3

Although I just dropped it to a 40 man last night, but that should still be more than enough. I'll need to make sure I have recording on, but I don't recall shutting it off (I believe it defaults at on.)

I think what you can do to avoid that problem is disable those sounds in vent itself. All you'd need to do is go to setup, go to the tab 'Events', select all the events which would create a sound and choose 'nothing' instead of the default .wav alert.

Yeah, I would just need to fiddle with settings and ensure that there would be no interruptions.

I would also likely stay logged out of the game (I wouldn't want anything to possibly go wrong with the recording) unless I could be guaranteed a low-lag

zone.

Also, with the program I have it wouldn't matter what your settings were Q.

If you're talking about mine then no. And by no I mean yes ; 3

Although I just dropped it to a 40 man last night, but that should still be more than enough. I'll need to make sure I have recording on, but I don't recall shutting it off (I believe it defaults at on.)

No no, I have my own 50 man, that Anticlockwise uses.

OK Akuje, I pick you... and it looks like you'll have others to work with!

I'll send you a PM shortly with things I think you might need to be able to know how to do and you can let me know if it's doable?

And Moknim. Will need you two to work together, yes yes.

Everyone else with Fraps or a video cap program for the game, can probably use you, too.