Izrail

Role-Play Guides and Add-ons

Quick note about Gryphonheart Items: it will make Healbot unable to display hot timers and pom. I have no idea why. Disabling GHI fixed the issue.

Wondering if anyone knew of a replacement for the Battle Cry addon? It hasn't been updated in quite some time, and I remember it was quite handy back when it worked.

Basically, you could create "sayings" that your character would say/yell when specific events occured (critting, missing, using an abilty, etc).

Kinda noticing this a bit late, but I have, find SpeakinSpell

It sounds retarded, and comes with a few default /say and /emotes that you need to delete, but it's far more powerful, allowing you to set not only events for your own abilities, but to almost anything (Zone changes, zone discoveries, status change, targeting, NPC interacting, Vendering, or chat detecting, like when someone says a phrase or word, the response triggers).

It also includes proc rates and response cooldowns as Battlecry did, but lacks as powerful of a condition modifyer (i.e when attacking, but only if target is a Beast), that I've found, and lacks the more complicated feature of the BattleCry Chains.

I use Gryphon Heart Reputation, but am yet to find others who use it.

I think it should be added to the list. If we get a large playerbase that use it, it could have alot of potential.

Isn't that the mod that used to be a required mod for Raven Cross or Warsong Liberators or something til half the guild had their accounts hacked as a result of a security flaw in the add-on?

o.O wat?

Hence the problem with mods...

This is not true at all. Most mods are very secure. One in every 5thouand moderation programs is bugged or compromised, and most of THOSE were due to accidentally having a virus on their system when they were updating/writing them.

Hence the problem with mods...

Not true.

In the time I've had mods, I had trouble up and down with my old computer. Coincidentally, I was never hacked. Never had a problem with the add-on itself either, save when it got out of date, or I forgot to load it. The mods are pretty safe, and curse.com (the add heaven) is a pretty safe website to be downloading them from. It's a recognized client by people in the game (Everyone i knew told me curse.com, go there.)

Apologies for necro'ing this thread, but some of the guides are out-dated as Blizzard went to Battle.net...below I've compiled some links to some RP guides on the Battle.net forums

"In-Depth Character Development Guide Redux" by Eclìpse

"Character Creation Guide" by Kaz(?), posted by Nelgrim

"Roleplaying the Races of Azeroth" by Alewen

"In-Game Roleplay -- The Basics" by Shandris